Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 May 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3404029)   #1
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
German GP: Hockenheim or Nürburgring?

Which German GP do you mostly like? German GP at Hockenheim or German GP at Nürburgring?

My vote is Nürburgring.
Old 9 May 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3404032)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would like to see it stay at Hockenheim. Although the Nurburgring can produce good racing too.
Old 9 May 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3404037)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nordschleife please if not the original Hockenheim.
Old 9 May 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3404054)   #4
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neither of them.
Old 9 May 2014, 10:19 (Ref:3404071)   #5
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Nordschleife please if not the original Hockenheim.
Mr Tilke would do so much for them!
Old 9 May 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3404099)   #6
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both are dull, lifeless circuits with dull, lifeless atmosphere when compared to the 90s German Grand Prix events.

If I had to pick I'd say Nurbutchering because it has the ability to frequently produce interesting races.
Old 9 May 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3404116)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I presume we're discussing contemporary circuits here and if so the two, whilst different circuits, are indistinguishable on balance. It was a crime what they did to the old Hockenheim, the old Hockenheim had more character than the new Nurburgring.

If I was going to see and experience an event, the Nurburgring, because of the history that surrounds it. It's also imperative to try and sustain that venue in my view given its immense historical import.
Old 9 May 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3404168)   #8
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Nurburgring, the Hockenheim track is just a farce compared to what it used to be.
Old 9 May 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3404177)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
How about removing the esses before the Motodrom at Hockenheim?

Nürburgring is too tight for my tastes.

Anyway, I prefer the current alternation.
Old 9 May 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3404220)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Nurburgring, the Hockenheim track is just a farce compared to what it used to be.
That.

Rather than butchering the original and robbing it of its character, at least they just made a brand new track just next to it and borrowed some of its features.

Plus, it has a little more history to it than this new fangled Hockenheim.

It's just not Hockenheim, is it?

I'd at least prefer it more if it didn't detour to the Mercedes grandstand. Just have one long straight coming out of the hairpin down the stadium section. I could live with that.

Selby
Old 9 May 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3404285)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the nurburgring. the first corner is usually fairly entertaining, though both are much of a muchness otherwise. to visit, i prefer the 'ring because it's proper countryside stuff, and when you're done watching the racing you can nail a lap on the nordschleife on your way home. hockenheim is a similarish surroundings in that there's loads of trees but it's too close to an actual town to feel isolated enough.

i can't believe monza survived but the old hockenheim didn't. if you walk around where the old hockenheim used to be you'll find it's still very eerie and spooky in the same way the old bits of monza are, even though there's no trace of the circuit left.
Old 10 May 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3404358)   #12
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For a country that has one of the most decorated racing histories in the world, it truly lacks in proper circuits. Both the Nurburgring and Hockenheimring are boring, as some have mentioned before.

If I had to pick one of the two, it would be the Nurburgring. F1 on Norisring might be fun to watch.

On a side note, could you guys imagine the old Hockenheimring with today's cars. DRS would have made things interesting.
Old 10 May 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3404418)   #13
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
For a country that has one of the most decorated racing histories in the world, it truly lacks in proper circuits. Both the Nurburgring and Hockenheimring are boring, as some have mentioned before.

If I had to pick one of the two, it would be the Nurburgring. F1 on Norisring might be fun to watch.

On a side note, could you guys imagine the old Hockenheimring with today's cars. DRS would have made things interesting.
It would not be much different to Monza that has some similar chacteristics.
Old 12 May 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3405218)   #14
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The old Hockenheim for sure.

If you can't have that (lol) then put permanent water sprinklers on either of the new 2.
Old 13 May 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3405853)   #15
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Well, Hermann Tilke is German so he aims for efficiency, not flair!

Still, I'll pick Nurburgring over Hockenheim.
Old 13 May 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3405942)   #16
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Sachsenring is the best "modern" road course in Germany at the moment but it's a bit short for F1 unfortunately.

I'd say Nürburgring, todays Hockenheim is just a sad reminder of what used to be.
Old 13 May 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3405948)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sachsenring is a bit narrow for cars too, isn't it?
Old 13 May 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3405954)   #18
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's about the same as Monza, maybe a bit wider even?