Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Apr 2019, 23:09 (Ref:3900871)   #551
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dutchman Rik Bruekers to drive an MPC Audi.
Old 1 May 2019, 05:23 (Ref:3900908)   #552
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

One of these 3 is said to be en route to Mr Wall's equipe.

Image was dated at 2/4/2019, so one assumes the car at least has a coat of paint on it...
Old 1 May 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3900913)   #553
Umai Naa
Veteran

2x Britek Golfs, 2x GRM Alfas and 2x KR Subarus have touched down in Melbourne, according to Speedcafe.
Old 1 May 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3901047)   #554
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Dutchman Rik Breukers to drive an MPC Audi.
Son of the Creventic owner.
Old 1 May 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3901073)   #555
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 May 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3901076)   #556
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
2x Britek Golfs, 2x GRM Alfas and 2x KR Subarus have touched down in Melbourne, according to Speedcafe.
Any spare parts or tuning equipment included?
Old 1 May 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3901087)   #557
Umai Naa
Veteran

A bit of a mystery, that one...
Old 2 May 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3901100)   #558
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't really think TCR was going to threaten the current Australian motorsport power structure.

But seeing the level of petty, "subtle" jabs thrown against the upstart upon every single announcement (in this thread alone) maybe TCR is on to something?

PROTIP (for the Supercar sychophants) -
Your posts make you appear threatened and quite defensive. Snide comments might serve better in say, the Mustang thread - you know, where we discuss the utter and abject failure of the biggest, baddest motorsport category in the country to regulate their own competitors with any semblance of professionalism
Old 2 May 2019, 00:21 (Ref:3901101)   #559
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny how petty and not subtle your post is!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 2 May 2019, 00:24 (Ref:3901102)   #560
Umai Naa
Veteran

For the sake of everyone's sanity, we don't need this "us and them" mentality in motorsport.

It does nothing positive for it.
Old 2 May 2019, 02:18 (Ref:3901112)   #561
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
For the sake of everyone's sanity, we don't need this "us and them" mentality in motorsport.

It does nothing positive for it.
True, but a little competitive tension is okay.

I watched the TCR races from the Hungary on the weekend.

The first race was unfortunately a typical TCR borefest, but the second and third races were more interesting, undoubtedly helped by the weather.

However when watching TCR or BTCC or even DTM I am always reminded how lucky we are having such a superior product in Supercars.

The variety of events and circuit types makes the Supercar product stand out from the rest.
Old 2 May 2019, 03:39 (Ref:3901114)   #562
Umai Naa
Veteran

WTCR?

Watch the TCR Europe races from the same event. It was pretty wild when the rain came.
Old 2 May 2019, 04:22 (Ref:3901116)   #563
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 2 May 2019, 04:34 (Ref:3901119)   #564
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Son of the Creventic owner.
That's a fascinating tie-up.
Old 2 May 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3901164)   #565
Umai Naa
Veteran

Seems the Kellys are short 1 Opel...
Old 2 May 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3901169)   #566
Mixer
Veteran

VW announce local sales of the VW Golf TCR, last of the Mk7.5, from October:
https://www.caradvice.com.au/752192/...ti-tcr-timing/

With 300 of them to shift, maybe they might do something with the racing?
Old 2 May 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3901316)   #567
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it says something that they have built it for the series, which is good. I guess a few could run in this series, as well as more in others that they might want to run in
Old 2 May 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3901392)   #568
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we have a full line up of teams, drivers and brands yet?
Old 2 May 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3901418)   #569
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Do we have a full line up of teams, drivers and brands yet?
Yep gtcapri, you are just missing the remaining drivers, which in my opinion, are being deliberately leaked out as a form of PR stealth marketing leading right up to the even itself.

Many of the bigger named drivers are only on a 1 race meeting contract, as most of them are being paid a fee to drive, so unless the driver can help find a sponsor or contribute to the budget I think you will see a revolving driver door for most of this years Championship.

The big multi car teams all want paying drivers alongside one paid professional race driver like Chris Pither etc, as a means to help with the teams over all cost structure, as these cars only require a fraction of the labour cost to maintain and run. Which is no doubt in my mind why the big teams have leapt in, as they already have significant investment in place to be able maintain, transport and run these cars at a events that don't clash with their main game commitments. Just my opinion mind!

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 2 May 2019, 23:08 (Ref:3901423)   #570
Umai Naa
Veteran

Valid points.

Worth noting that the amount of cars the teams actually own, is very small. The rest either belong to the promotor, or are here on consignment.

That no, or very few naming rights sponsors are being mentioned alongside driver announcements is telling...
Old 3 May 2019, 05:35 (Ref:3901450)   #571
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Worth noting that the amount of cars the teams actually own, is very small. The rest either belong to the promotor, or are here on consignment. That no, or very few naming rights sponsors are being mentioned alongside driver announcements is telling...
I've been a vocal critic of the class because the European racing I've watched hasn't exactly been epic, and I think it is easy to criticise the class based on these facts, but I'll make an alternative point of view.

The promoter obviously has resources and is throwing them behind the series to make a splash, and I'm hoping it is a case of "build it and they will come".

I'm very keen to see how the racing is, especially given the diversity of talent and experience, obviously the Euro hot shoes have a lot more experience on bum draggers.
Old 3 May 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3901467)   #572
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 3 May 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3901471)   #573
Umai Naa
Veteran

JAS could've put the default red/silver/white livery on it before it was despatched...
Old 3 May 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3901490)   #574
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
obviously the Euro hot shoes have a lot more experience on bum draggers.
Yeah they do but not of the shorter, bumpier tracks here in Oz that may restrict the way they're used to driving the things - should make it quite the arm wrestle (or maybe not, remains to be seen).
Old 3 May 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3901502)   #575
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've been a vocal critic of the class because the European racing I've watched hasn't exactly been epic,
Whilst TCR is sometimes dull, BTCC is almost always a blast thanks to the ballast and reverse grid rules. A whole lot of fun, indeed!

Check out this action-packed BTCC race from Brands Hatch: https://youtu.be/gOcmTTVo1k8?t=230

Quote:
obviously the Euro hot shoes have a lot more experience on bum draggers.
With BMW moving their 1 series to the MINI platform, there will soon be exactly ZERO rear-wheel-drive small hatchbacks on sale.

I would consider one if there were more options, [manual transmission, 180 kW, 1200kg, LSD with rear-wheel-drive would be lovely!] but they just don't exist. [BMW's old 130i is close, 195kW/1385kg, but it did not have a standard LSD.]

Toyota 86 is the closest modern option, but is obviously more of a 2+2 sportscar than a proper 4-seater or 5-seater compact hatchback or compact sedan.

There is really a dearth of choices for people who want a practical, sporty, manual transmission RWD car that is under 1450kg. Alfa Romeo's Giulia is relatively light, but in this country is it automatic only.

Besides, the very notion of going from FWD to RWD seems to add a lot of weight (at least in a front-engined passenger car, as opposed to a mid-engined sportscar). Hyundai's rear-wheel-drive Genesis 2.0T Sedan somehow weighs 200kg more than the Hyundai i30N front-wheel-drive hatchback with the same engine.

Quote:
I've been a vocal critic of the class
At least with this class more people can cheer on cars or brands they actually own and drive. Renaultsport fans, Honda fans, Alfitsis, VeeDub enthusiasts, Audi enthusiasts (same group as the VeeDub enthusiasts really!), Subaru fans and, crucially, the emerging Hyundai/KIA enthusiast group -- all enthusiasts not catered for by the ATCC.

For the Opel fans, they can now cheer on Astra as well as Insignia in the Supercars series!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 3 May 2019 at 14:04.