Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which combination will win Bathurst?
1. Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 10 26.32%
2. Pye/Luff WAU HOLDEN 2 5.26%
5. Winterbottom/Canto Tickford FORD 1 2.63%
6. Waters/Russell Tickford FORD 0 0%
7. Heimgartner/Russell NisMoAu NISSAN 0 0%
8. Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
9. Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
12. Coulthard/D’Alberto DJRTP FORD 1 2.63%
14. Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
15. Kelly/Jacobson NisMoAu NISSAN 0 0%
17. McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 6 15.79%
18. Holdsworth/Bright Team18 HOLDEN 1 2.63%
19. Le Brocq/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
21. Blanchard/Wood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
23. Caruso/Fiore NisMoAu NISSAN 0 0%
25. Courtney/Perkins WAU HOLDEN 0 0%
33. Tander/Pither GRM HOLDEN 2 5.26%
34. Golding/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
35. Hazelwood/Fullwood MSR HOLDEN 0 0%
55. Mostert/Moffat Tickford FORD 1 2.63%
56. Stanaway/Owen Tickford FORD 0 0%
78. De Silvestro/Rullo NisMoAu NISSAN 1 2.63%
97. Van Gisbergen/Bamber 888 HOLDEN 7 18.42%
99. De Pasquale/Brown Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
230. Davison/Davison 23Red FORD 0 0%
888. Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Oct 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3855114)   #151
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Erebus would no doubt be regretting not doing that now.

Would that have prevented the wheel spin penalty too?
Presuming the bloke leaving the seat didn’t leave the car in gear...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Oct 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3855134)   #152
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
David said his foot slipped off the clutch due to cramp. car in neutral for a driver change and that wouldn't have happened.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3855135)   #153
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Losing a wheel, driving a slow lap on 3 wheels, 2 additional stops and Whincup still beats Frosty. Maybe Team 18 could be a good destination for the one time former champ...
Old 7 Oct 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3855143)   #154
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Losing a wheel, driving a slow lap on 3 wheels, 2 additional stops and Whincup still beats Frosty. Maybe Team 18 could be a good destination for the one time former champ...
We were having the sane discussion in stand. Car 5 was never heard of all day.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 7 Oct 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3855148)   #155
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
We were having the sane discussion in stand. Car 5 was never heard of all day.
Jdub did do it the hard way too, without a safety car to really make any spots.

Chaz had pace but kept dive-bombing and took out his teammate which is a mortal sin. Moffat wasn't any better.

Still amazingly surprised how little damage there was and very little safety car action.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3855168)   #156
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Chaz had pace but kept dive-bombing and took out his teammate which is a mortal sin. Moffat wasn't any better.

Still amazingly surprised how little damage there was and very little safety car action.
Yes and one of the better, more sensible Bathurst races for a long time, compared to yesterday’s Super 2 race a clean race from everyone. Not a Lowndes fan but the guy can sure drive the mountain!
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3855200)   #157
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A little stale compared to last year but still was a pretty good race. Congrats to Craig equalising his co-drivers father's record of 7 wins.

Felt for Dave Reynolds, faultless drive only to be beaten like that. Could cry for him and Luke. Interesting to see a fair few mechanical dramas early in the race.

Little bummed that I couldn't go this year due to a lung infection but will be back down there for the year of the Mustang!
Old 7 Oct 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3855250)   #158
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe not so much to gain places, but he certainly got the two lost laps back due to SC deployment..... the last one putting him back on the lead lap, albeit rear of field. The SC also allowed T888 to repair the car without losing more laps.

Felt absolutely gutted for David, Betty and all at Erebus after being the class of the field all weekend, but given their demise stoked that Lowndes and Richards won.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3855268)   #159
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Maybe not so much to gain places, but he certainly got the two lost laps back due to SC deployment..... the last one putting him back on the lead lap, albeit rear of field. The SC also allowed T888 to repair the car without losing more laps.

Felt absolutely gutted for David, Betty and all at Erebus after being the class of the field all weekend, but given their demise stoked that Lowndes and Richards won.
I wasn’t able to watch the full race. Did Triple Eight manage to get a new roll bar drop link on it?
Old 7 Oct 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3855276)   #160
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I was watching at work and I gotta say, I knew Erebus has lost the moment they chose NOT to get Richards out of the car at the last scheduled pitstop - before the penalty, before the complete loss of pace. The way he sounded on the radio made it clear he was in no condition to continue. Cramping aside, he was clearly out of it mentally as well - Reynolds couldn't tell if he was on Earth or Proxima Centauri b.

But I can't really blame Reynolds for this. I put the loss on the shoulders of the team manager. There comes a point where the team needs to override the driver - and it was VERY obvious to me that this was one of those times. The team manager obviously didn't see it that way for whatever reason and made the wrong call by leaving it up to Reynolds.

But such is life in racing, isn't it? Bad calls happen. I find myself wondering what about the situation made them miss think it wasn't as severe as it sounded to me, but I'll likely never know.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3855298)   #161
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I wasn’t able to watch the full race. Did Triple Eight manage to get a new roll bar drop link on it?
They replaced the screw for it on the #1 car, didn't fix the jammed bar on #888, there was talk of manually moving it to a softer position during a pitstop.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3855307)   #162
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting both Lowndes and Richo Jr's multiple Bathurst wins occurred during 3 decades (90s/00s/current); an additional decade more than other multiple winners; except Richo Sr, who's wins crossed 4 decades (70s/80s/90s/00s).
Old 8 Oct 2018, 01:33 (Ref:3855314)   #163
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 8 Oct 2018, 01:37 (Ref:3855315)   #164
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
LOL
Old 8 Oct 2018, 03:15 (Ref:3855328)   #165
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure it was during his interview on the Back Page on Wednesday that David Reynolds said there were some issues with sharing a car with Youlden, then mentioning the seat position caused leg cramps
Old 8 Oct 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3855369)   #166
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting stat;

The only two drivers in the field to have competed in the original ARDC run Bathurst 1000 in a V8, Lowndes and Richards, were the winners.

The only other driver to have competed in the original ARDC Bathurst 1000, in a Super Tourer in 1997, was Warren Luff, who finished second.

Good to see at least some link to the original event is still present
Old 8 Oct 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3855380)   #167
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by db120176 View Post
I'm pretty sure it was during his interview on the Back Page on Wednesday that David Reynolds said there were some issues with sharing a car with Youlden, then mentioning the seat position caused leg cramps

The commentary team noted that he said he'd been having trouble sleeping in the days leading up to the race. With how mentally out of it he clearly was on the radio and in the interview after he got out, I believe it. There was more than just cramping going on there, and a lack of sleep prior to a task that physically stressful is MORE than capable of generating such. Of course, the cramps can easily aggravate such an issue considerably.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3855566)   #168
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
watched it from the top of the mountain, expected a 'staged' finish, not sure we didn't get one. For the last umpteenth years they have sent out a safety car to bunch them up for a 'sprint to the finish', we didn't get one this year, maybe because if they did that then the old mate Lowndesy might have been overtaken taking away a fairy tale end

hmmmmmmm????????
Old 9 Oct 2018, 02:25 (Ref:3855571)   #169
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No other car showed the pace of Lowndes and Reynolds other than maybe Whincup at the end.

Also: not happy when there is a safety car for so called entertainment reasons, also not happy when no safety car.

So proof of the conspiracy is use if the safety car, but deeper proof of a conspiracy is the complete lack of evidence.

Good job moving the goal posts, windbag.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Oct 2018, 02:28 (Ref:3855573)   #170
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
owwww, hit a nerve did I, resorting to name calling hahahahaha

I have been involved in this circus called Supercars for a long time my friend, they play all sorts of trickery
Old 9 Oct 2018, 04:55 (Ref:3855578)   #171
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Not happy...
Old 9 Oct 2018, 04:56 (Ref:3855579)   #172
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Is Mr Morris accurate? Will it keep the pressure on holding 2 day race meetings?
Old 9 Oct 2018, 04:59 (Ref:3855581)   #173
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is Mr Morris accurate? Will it keep the pressure on holding 2 day race meetings?
It is a very interesting point - but other people already really complain about the lack of testing.

I'm really amazed we had a race at such pace, with no major incidents to speak of - Mostert's dive bombs aside.

Really considering the tyre wear and fatigue the fact that we really didn't end up with any crashes of significance is quite amazing.

Was a hell of a race to watch considering nobody go to do anything with setups.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 05:21 (Ref:3855585)   #174
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Did Humpty Dumpty fall? Doesn’t sound like it..
Old 9 Oct 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3855594)   #175
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Can't see it happen, more or less tradition to have Thursday and Friday practice. Plus co-drivers do need the laps.

Quote:
It is a very interesting point - but other people already really complain about the lack of testing..
Agreed. What ever happened to the Monday after the race that was used by teams as a ride day and test day of sorts? Would be cool to see the Monday come back but as an official test day. (Although some teams would complain due to the fact their car/cars are in a mangled wrecked state and therefore wouldn't do the test day)