Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Aug 2000, 03:12 (Ref:32854)   #1
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you were a team manager and had the possibility of chosing either TGF in his prime or Senna in his prime, who would you chose?
Personally, I wouldn't know who to chose right away because I never really got the chance to see Senna in his prime (since I was only 8 when he ran for the last time and therefor don't remember much) and I have seen TGF in his prime, so I know what his capabilities are.But in the end, I would still have to chose Senna because he was just something else.
So now that I've shared my opnion and choice, who would you chose?
Old 26 Aug 2000, 06:02 (Ref:32861)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Senna without a doubt..never been a big fan of TGF but as you say senna was something else ..he dovoted his whole life to racing and reaped the rewards and in my books will go down as the greatest driver in history.

(I)race in peace Ayrton(/I)
Old 26 Aug 2000, 06:26 (Ref:32863)   #3
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi in my opinion has the edge over Ayrton. Unlike Senna he has always driven for good teams, but never the best teams. Also, MS has the ability to single handedly turn a team around. Both Benetton and Ferarri were nothing before he was there. Everyone talks about Senna's qualifying record, but if MS had the same number of years in a dominant McLaren, and then a dominant Williams then he would be up there too. If you look at victories, they're matched and considering the Ferrari that MS has had to drive(except for this year), and then compare it in relative terms to the McLaren Senna rode, then MS has done quite good to match him in victories. There's nothing in it, but if I had to choose, Schumi would be on my team.
Old 26 Aug 2000, 10:06 (Ref:32871)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

I would choose Clark!!
Old 26 Aug 2000, 13:20 (Ref:32924)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In his prime: Mario Andretti. He was the best all rounder motor racing has ever produced, and he did not try to win by ramming other people off the road.

Old 26 Aug 2000, 13:31 (Ref:32926)   #6
Gerryl
Rookie

Gerryl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna was brilliant no doubt about it. TGF has a bit to prove in my book. Some say Senna had the best equiptment available to him but I say look at the drivers he raced with. The grid today is a little lacking of "Greatness". If human cloning is ever made legal what a racing series could be made possible. Imagine the best of the past decades all together - wow! Anyway dream on eh.

Ger
Old 26 Aug 2000, 15:13 (Ref:32932)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely Senna. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Senna had the mighty task of competing against Prost, while TGF has no-one in that league to compete against. No disrespect towards Hakkinen, but he is certainly NOT in the league of Senna and Prost.
Old 26 Aug 2000, 16:06 (Ref:32938)   #8
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yawn,,,,,,,,,,,,

yawn, yawn.......yawn ...me thinks Ayrton Schumacher is a nice name
Old 26 Aug 2000, 16:27 (Ref:32943)   #9
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna. Simple.

The two have a lot in common - the dirty driving on the track, the wish to build the team around themselves at the expense of their team mates (what is happening at Ferrari is common knowledge, but people forget that Senna refused to have Derek Warwick as his team mate at Lotus) and a great deal of arrogance.

Having said that, Senna did race against (and beat) Prost when he joined McLaren, and always tried his best (unlike Schumacher after he broke his leg last year and refused to come back)

Senna all the way. I don't believe he is the best ever though (and I never liked the guy at all whilst he was alive - I was a Mansell supporter!)