Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:23 (Ref:898702)   #26
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well if JPM keeps his head this season he has a chance. Now that Ralf wont be driving for Williams in 2005, JPM will, for the first time, be the #1 driver at williams. I cant wait for Sepang and Bahrain. I bet those Michelins are going to get stickier and stickier.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:29 (Ref:898713)   #27
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Huh? Why would JPM be the #1 driver?
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:34 (Ref:898725)   #28
freud
Veteran

Because he can take it to Michael.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:37 (Ref:898731)   #29
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe... But I doubt that Frank would play favourites, with both of them leaving...
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:41 (Ref:898740)   #30
freud
Veteran

Not 'FW', he never does that. 'BMW' not playing favorites is the key.. This is a do or die year for them. The stakes are high and though they would like to see Ralf win, they will definitely settle on JPM if he delivers (Unlike the midseason last year when BMW pushed Williams to focus on Ralf).
Old 8 Mar 2004, 23:15 (Ref:898779)   #31
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
freud hate to burst your bubble but JPM has signed for MacLaren next year.
One thing you people haven't mentioned yet is JPM had a problem in his last pit stop as well.His R/R tyre was not changed as they couldn't get it off.That held him up as well.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 8 Mar 2004 at 23:16.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 06:36 (Ref:899042)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The pit stops were mentione dearlier in the thread.

Has Ralf actually signed for someone else?

And why would team Willy play favourites?
Old 9 Mar 2004, 08:01 (Ref:899082)   #33
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He may not be the official #1 but he takes that position in the garage allocation and in the order of drivers in the program???????????????????

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:10 (Ref:899376)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'd like to offer the following points:
1/ The man is a pure racer and it's a joy to see his moves in a race and his press on regardless style (now though reigning his enthusiasm in a bit which means he will be less likely to over do it!)

2/ Whenever he's running, something special is always likely to happen in a way that only Mansell, Senna and previously G Villeneuve were capable of providing on regular basis. Good tv!

3/ I guess he's have finished 3rd if not for 1st corner lock up and delays in each of his pit stops.

( was that to hold him up so he finished behind Ralf??

4/ Having seen the performance of the Mclaren, and seeing that Ralf is on his way out will he look to terminate his new contract and stay with Williams, perticularly if he gets another shot at title with Frank and Mclaren don't improve?!!!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 15:17 (Ref:899535)   #35
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Montoya said: "I overtook five cars today and Ralf was the only one I hit.
Once again, like at Indy when he took Ralf out 2 years ago, it had nothing to do with Juan. Remember then it was because Ralf braked at the wrong point and that was why Juan hit him.

When is he going to take responsibility for the touches?
Old 9 Mar 2004, 15:21 (Ref:899541)   #36
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apart from Alonso and Michael, I think Montoya was the star of the race. he made one slight mistake in turn one, possibly out of shock at the Renault starts, but fought back ahrd. Some of his overtaking mvoes were exceptional - the move on Button was especially well calculated and executed.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 15:27 (Ref:899544)   #37
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by chunterer

4/ Having seen the performance of the Mclaren, and seeing that Ralf is on his way out will he look to terminate his new contract and stay with Williams, perticularly if he gets another shot at title with Frank and Mclaren don't improve?!!!
Have to say, when JPM saw the performance of the Mclarens on sunday, i wonder if he was trying to work a way out of the contract for 2005 and beyond!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 18:54 (Ref:899776)   #38
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely even JPM wouldn't make such a snap judgement about a multiple title-winning team based on one performance a year before he is due to go there!?

Then again, he has planned to leave Williams...

Last edited by krt917; 9 Mar 2004 at 18:54.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:09 (Ref:899880)   #39
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1atic
Once again, like at Indy when he took Ralf out 2 years ago, it had nothing to do with Juan. Remember then it was because Ralf braked at the wrong point and that was why Juan hit him.

When is he going to take responsibility for the touches?
I take it your putting the blame on JPM for Indy? Watch it again, Rafe started spinning on his own whilst trying to defend, then touched JPM.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:18 (Ref:899892)   #40
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, Mr V is spot on, Ralf was going backwards by the time they touched! Nothing to do with JPM at all.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 10:03 (Ref:900610)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Have to say, when JPM saw the performance of the Mclarens on sunday, i wonder if he was trying to work a way out of the contract for 2005 and beyond!
Yes, If McLaren, don't get up tp speed quickly, he'll be extremely worried!
Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:11 (Ref:900688)   #42
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Huh? Why would JPM be the #1 driver?
Umm, he has been the effective #1 since 2001.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport

Tags
jpm