Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Oct 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3932050)   #26
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done with P3 Iain. Good luck for the race later on
Old 5 Oct 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3932056)   #27
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some cracking grids I think at this event.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3932064)   #28
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good grids apart from the FFs, paddock rammed with lots of pretty tin. Several I have not seen before. Lovely to see the DBR1 back at Combe after it was involved in a multi car shunt a couple of years ago at this meeting.
Dry weather so far is a nice bonus.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3932066)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Well done with P3 Iain. Good luck for the race later on
Thanks Will . Be nice to get a result it’s my last race in this car . The owner is selling her . Not all doom and gloom he says I can race his front engine car next year a Lola MK2
Old 5 Oct 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3932078)   #30
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good podium Iain
Old 5 Oct 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3932080)   #31
Willmaz223
Veteran

Well done on P3 Iain.

Old 5 Oct 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3932088)   #32
brands
Veteran

Cracking Fiscar race for the podium places, shame time was lopped off.
Event is running late due to "a medical emergency" that was not accident related ?
Old 5 Oct 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3932103)   #33
brands
Veteran

Just read what the medical emergency was, condolences to the family and friends.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3932106)   #34
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Your podium was great news for me to wake up to. Well done Iain Chris.

Now sing along with me to the Kinks tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU

I went to a track known as Castle Combe
Where you drink champagne on the podium
Lalallallalallala
He walked up to me and he asked me to drive
I asked him in what and in a dark brown voice he said, "Lola"
L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

etcetc

Oh dear I will be glad when I get back into my Aussie timezone and my body doesnt wake up at 5am every morning and put me to sleep for an afternoon nap!

Old 5 Oct 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3932113)   #35
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful day. Superb paddock, great racing. This event truly is a step into the past - much more like it was back in the day than other more hyped events may pretend. Not often you get to see glowing brake discs in the dusk at Castle Combe.

Very sad to hear the outcome of the medical emergency.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3932131)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks everyone . It’s been a nice day . Can’t begin to think about the poor chap who passed away . So sorry . There were three heart Atack’s today . One of our FJ drivers was rushed to hospital . Thankfully ok with a stent put in . We often say a race track is the best place to be if you have a sudden medical problem .move on now back to work tomorrow unload truck reload and then head to Estoril. Going to be a crazy month .
Old 6 Oct 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3932245)   #37
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Believe there is a pretty good entry for Julius's Classic Alfa Challenge race ....I'll be watching (via TSL) with interest
26 cars. Excellent. Virtually the same as the BRSCC (modern) Alfa race at Silverstone and I know which I would rather watch (& take part in, if I could).

As an aside, I have wondered why the Porsche club don’t have a separate “classic series” for the air cooled 911 and the 924/944/968/928 whilst the water cooled 911 and the Boxster/ Caymans race in the current (modern) series.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3932435)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Cracking Fiscar race for the podium places, shame time was lopped off.
Agreed on both counts, John. It was a great race at the front, and good to see the Abecassis name once again as a race winner! Our field was a bit down on last year, even more so as one caught fire on the grid, another was pushed away from it and a third broke a halfshaft off the line! However still some great cars and good racing.

Sorry I didn't manage to bump into you, John and also sorry I somehow managed to avoid Iain and Colin who I would have liked to have caught up with since I don't get to so many meetings these days. Having said that I have almost by default reacquired the FISCAR chair as Gillian has moved on to pastures new!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3932683)   #39
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Few Pics

Dull start but eventually brightened up. Good old fashioned club racing with tremendous spectator support. Images copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3360.JPG   IMG_3359.JPG   IMG_3356.JPG  

IMG_3347.JPG   DSC_9742.jpg