Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Jul 2020, 23:48 (Ref:3990086)   #676
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe something will happen. It’s not the end of the series yet. Tough times, but we can still get enough cars back in the future
Old 22 Jul 2020, 18:25 (Ref:3990248)   #677
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe something will happen. It’s not the end of the series yet. Tough times, but we can still get enough cars back in the future
We have it now if you look at the right places. Entry list is out for Road America. Aston Martin Heart of Racing is back. Gives us 10 different makes in GTD now. That is up there in SRO WC Europe territory. Very impressed that over the past five years now all these manufacturers has been able to keep at least 1 car of their make on the GTD grid. Quality and diversity is there. Just need to up the quantity. Maybe that is part up to us to talk about it more and the TV crews to cover it more. Give GTD some more love! I've been the biggest GTLM fan since the merger happened but with that category dwindling. I decided it is a mission of mine on this forum to prop up GTD.
Old 23 Jul 2020, 07:04 (Ref:3990305)   #678
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes, but possibly good news? Acura wants to go with a model like they had when they started their prototype program in the ALMS, and similar to what Cadillac does now. Have customer teams run their own programs with the manufacturer lending a hand.
Not so much, it turns out. Rather they only want a factory aligned team but can't pay Penske's fee and are hoping for someone else to do it way on the cheap if they're to stay around, reading the giant bold text between the lines.
https://racer.com/2020/07/22/hpd-out...a-dpi-program/
I thought Acura in prototypes was one of the weaker bets for continuing next year as soon as everything went sideways, Honda USA has too many similar programs and too little skin in it.
Old 23 Jul 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3990330)   #679
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not good news for the series. Just a shame that they can't come to a decent price with Penske. I really hope Acura stay, but it's not looking good. If they are to stay it will be encouraging news for the series, but I'm not holding my breath
Old 23 Jul 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3990400)   #680
MaskedRacer
Veteran

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...e-the-box.html

Great idea to see if we can get the WEC to bring LMP2, GTE Pro, and GTE Am to the Daytona 24 hours.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 14:59 (Ref:3991056)   #681
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like some of the normal bop movements before Road America this weekend. In dpi the mazda loses 20kg to bring it to 910kg, while the caddy stays at 960kg but gets some more power. The acura also loses 10kg to make it 930kg and gets a power boost.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-bop-more.html
Old 30 Jul 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3991706)   #682
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...-closed-doors/

VIR to run behind closed doors.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 21:30 (Ref:3991742)   #683
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yikes. Eeking closer to PLM...
Old 30 Jul 2020, 23:56 (Ref:3991755)   #684
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yikes. Eeking closer to PLM...
Virginia does not allow gatherings over 1k so the track and IMSA agreed they couldn't do it. We don't have such a rule here yet and Road Atlanta is running the bikes this weekend with paddock access and full camping allowed. And think they're doing an event in downtown Gainesville to meet the riders so you know, all is well here as per Governor Trump.

Last edited by broadrun96; 31 Jul 2020 at 00:13.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 04:03 (Ref:3991770)   #685
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Virginia does not allow gatherings over 1k so the track and IMSA agreed they couldn't do it. We don't have such a rule here yet and Road Atlanta is running the bikes this weekend with paddock access and full camping allowed. And think they're doing an event in downtown Gainesville to meet the riders so you know, all is well here as per Governor Trump.
Yup, full tilt boogie!!

And iirc, it was the AMA Superbike crowd that brought about a lot of the NoFun Police for the rest of the events a few years back....
Old 31 Jul 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3991864)   #686
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I'm fearful of what will come from this weekend. Can't help but think assigned camping spots will come soon. Hopefully enough idiots stay home honestly. Hate it for the track but better safe and we get to enjoy it than the site Nazis returning again
Old 31 Jul 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3991876)   #687
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I'm fearful of what will come from this weekend. Can't help but think assigned camping spots will come soon. Hopefully enough idiots stay home honestly. Hate it for the track but better safe and we get to enjoy it than the site Nazis returning again
I flagged this posting to the admin.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3991880)   #688
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's ok, I balanced it out using the "I approve" button. S'all good.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3991916)   #689
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The site Nazis refer to the self appointed person who was yelling at everyone about having passes and every vehicle requiring a pass in the window of the vehicle even though season pass holders don't get a ticket for the event, it's covered by the pass. She was summarily dismissed after our complaint to track management. So I would recommend knowing the back story first before complaint.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3991929)   #690
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. Reviewed. Move on.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 00:33 (Ref:3991984)   #691
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Interesting, we could have 16 hours of racing at Road Atlanta in September and October.

Today's Road America notebook S365:

1. Sportscar365 understands that the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen will not go ahead in September and is likely to be replaced by a round at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta on Labor Day weekend.

2. Contracts are reportedly yet to be finalized for a proposed GT-only race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, which could replace the Lime Rock Park event that was scheduled for one week after The Glen.

3. Earl gets his wish. "The Porsche factory driver will make his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in next month’s Daytona Road Course race in a Richard Childress Racing-run Chevrolet backed by KCMG. “I’ve dreamed about competing in NASCAR my entire life, so I am so thankful to Richard Childress, KCMG and everyone who has played a role in creating this opportunity for me,” he said."
Old 1 Aug 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3992119)   #692
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Interesting, we could have 16 hours of racing at Road Atlanta in September and October.

1. Sportscar365 understands that the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen will not go ahead in September and is likely to be replaced by a round at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta on Labor Day weekend.

2. Contracts are reportedly yet to be finalized for a proposed GT-only race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, which could replace the Lime Rock Park event that was scheduled for one week after The Glen.

3. Earl gets his wish. "The Porsche factory driver will make his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in next month’s Daytona Road Course race in a Richard Childress Racing-run Chevrolet backed by KCMG. “I’ve dreamed about competing in NASCAR my entire life, so I am so thankful to Richard Childress, KCMG and everyone who has played a role in creating this opportunity for me,” he said."
Damnit. I have plans Labor Day weekend but I might be able to swing by the track...
Old 1 Aug 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3992136)   #693
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I WILL be there if that happens. Gotta get my money's worth on the pass, although 100 bucks off next year isn't bad and offer to return the pass and get full refund before Friday was accommodating of the track. Guessing not many took the return the pass option.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3992137)   #694
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I WILL be there if that happens. Gotta get my money's worth on the pass, although 100 bucks off next year isn't bad and offer to return the pass and get full refund before Friday was accommodating of the track. Guessing not many took the return the pass option.
Can anyone get the $100 off offer or only current pass holders?
Old 1 Aug 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3992138)   #695
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont tend to get that excited by IMSA these days but im a big fan of a GT only race at Charlotte, not sure why but i really like the track, its quirky and not like a "traditional" roval
Old 1 Aug 2020, 19:17 (Ref:3992148)   #696
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I dont tend to get that excited by IMSA these days but im a big fan of a GT only race at Charlotte, not sure why but i really like the track, its quirky and not like a "traditional" roval
Hope they keep the NASCAR layout so we can compare lap times with the stock cars. They ruined that at Daytona after adding the turn 4 chicane for their road race.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3992161)   #697
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Can anyone get the $100 off offer or only current pass holders?
It's just off of the season pass if you had it from the start of the year. We only had 2 events with fans until this weekend. Think the schedule had 9 prior to this race and they were cancelled with only Time Attack running behind closed doors
Old 1 Aug 2020, 20:20 (Ref:3992164)   #698
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I can confirm the Road Atlanta race as they are already looking for F&C for that race. I got the email for it the other day just didn't say IMSA however the same email didn't confirm the race length.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3992174)   #699
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They, Road Atlanta, just confirmed it in their email.

6 Hour of Road Atlanta, 4 hour Pilot Challenge and double headers for Porsche and Lamborghini. Race weekend Sept 4-6.

Tickets available Monday morning, August 3
Old 2 Aug 2020, 18:20 (Ref:3992509)   #700
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Last year Nascar Cup roval was sane; first year was rowdy. I think they're missing out on an advertising slogan: The Road Course with Cast-iron Curbs!