Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:30 (Ref:633010)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jacques offers services for free

Big rumour today, confirmed by Mr Ecclestone, that Jacques Villeneuve is offering/has offered his services for free to FERRARI. He doesn't want to retire from F1 as a one-time champ and wants more and more titles. Perhaps he's not a "money hoover" as I have suggested once or twice!

I hope he pulls it off, but one suspects he won't....
Attached Thumbnails
jv.jpg  
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:31 (Ref:633013)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehe! Look at the picture of Ralf FOLLOWING a Ferrari again! Hehe! He's too scared to pass! Hehe!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 15:12 (Ref:633066)   #3
TTT

Posted by me on June 2 2003 at 13:06 as part of a thread asking if JV is a "has been" or a future champion

Quote:

JV has won a championship before so he could do it again, given the right car. I doubt he'll ever get the right car though, unless he drastically reduces his financial demands. If he really wants to win again I suggest a Senna style "I'd race that car for nothing" directed at Williams, McLaren and Ferrari, maybe Renault.

Where does Bernie get these ideas from?

Old 16 Jun 2003, 15:39 (Ref:633083)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be interesting... But Villeneuve and Schumacher fighting in the same team? Ferrari are aware that Villeneuve would NEVER take team orders, so even if he was for free, I don't think they'd take him.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 16 Jun 2003, 15:57 (Ref:633102)   #5
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I suppose that was the next possible step..at least Jacques isent running to Minardi. Now that would be too much, rather pathetic actually.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:11 (Ref:633133)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Sorry if I'm copying TTT, but I wasn't aware of your forum. SORRY!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 16 Jun 2003 at 16:12.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:33 (Ref:633163)   #7
TTT

That wasn't aimed at you knowlesy, unless of course you are Bernie! I just thought its not the 1st time something has been suggested on the forum then "as if by magic" it becomes reality, e.g. the new rules, especially the ones suggesting technical changes.

Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:41 (Ref:633172)   #8
billaboy
Rookie

billaboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Resturant

I think Villeneuve should stick to running his bar/resturant thing in Montreal, stick to what you do best right! I've been there, its a nice place.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:48 (Ref:633299)   #9
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be the perfect way for MS to prove to the world that he is as good as they say. He is 5 times world champion what has he got to fear or would he rather see JV sign for Mclaren to partner Kimi so they would take points off each other to make it more easy for him to get anther championship. It would also give ferrari the opportunity to give the fans of f1 the show that we all want
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:633312)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ferrari won't sign Jacques for "the good of the championship".
Old 16 Jun 2003, 19:40 (Ref:633360)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Whats the point of JV offering his services for free when he knows full well that it will never happen?

(maybe thats why he has put the offer forward???)
Old 16 Jun 2003, 20:12 (Ref:633413)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Maybe he's just doing it in response to all those people who think he's a fat, sweaty, idiotically hairy, messy barnetted, less-talented-than-his-dad, freak who drives around very slowly whilst collecting insane sums of greenbacks.

PS - This is all rumour and in no way reflects my view of Jacques.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 20:47 (Ref:633454)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like his offer is, oooh, about 5 years too late...
Old 16 Jun 2003, 20:57 (Ref:633465)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

.....and somewhat desperate.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 02:33 (Ref:633699)   #15
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
after taking huge amount of salary from the developing team like bar, he now say he wants to drive for free for the richest team. its a little too late. he could be more realistic and offer moderate salary for 2nd or 3rd year at the bar when the team was not delivering any... then there would have been no dispute over salary between him and DR.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 03:41 (Ref:633717)   #16
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue
after taking huge amount of salary from the developing team like bar, he now say he wants to drive for free for the richest team. its a little too late. he could be more realistic and offer moderate salary for 2nd or 3rd year at the bar when the team was not delivering any... then there would have been no dispute over salary between him and DR.
Why?

BAR wrote the contract they should live with it.

In fact, as trundling around in BAR's at the back of the field has probably killed his career, perhaps he should have been paid MORE in compensation for lost future earnings!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 04:08 (Ref:633725)   #17
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'bout damn time he came to his senses and agreed to work probono for a year!

But JV and TGF together at Ferrari? Good lord, that'd make the Senna-Prost rivalry look civil!!!

I can't imagine Todt and deMontezmolo going for it.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 04:27 (Ref:633733)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this April 1st again??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Jun 2003, 06:10 (Ref:633779)   #19
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
'bout damn time he came to his senses and agreed to work probono for a year!

But JV and TGF together at Ferrari? Good lord, that'd make the Senna-Prost rivalry look civil!!!

I can't imagine Todt and deMontezmolo going for it.
but please let it be true. Can you imagine Ferrari will Villenueve in the team - Ok, I'm sure Michael would be much quicker, initially at least, but the though of him having a hostile team mate is great.

I know it wil never happen, Ferrari are to cosy to break up their dream team, but I think it would be great for Ferrari too. With Micky the Shoe having signed to 2006, he may need an extra spur if he is to keep being so successful. Barry Robins won't push him or the team any more than he is told to, but Villeneuve would. They might need some kind of rivalry to keep them on their toes against the Raikkonen/Williams/Alonso challengers in the next couple of years.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 06:17 (Ref:633784)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sorry, but this is wishful thinking from on the part of JV. What makes him think Ferrari will even consider hiring him? His results in the past five years have been nothing but sub-par.

JV is also well into his twilight years, while guys like Alonso and Raikkonen are the future, and it is they who Ferrari will want to hire next.

JV may not want to retire a one-time champion, but he's not going to have much choice. The ONLY team he has a chance of getting into is perhaps Renault. But even those rumours have died down in the past 18 months.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 09:52 (Ref:633938)   #21
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari definately wouldn't have JV & TGF together as Ferrari's team policy states that noone is to race TGF, so even for free i can't see it happening.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 10:40 (Ref:633985)   #22
roxana
Rookie

roxana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't think he said that. and although i heard he said he wouldn't mind not having the plane, or stuff like that, i don't think he'll ever lower hi money demands, let aside working for free
Old 17 Jun 2003, 11:49 (Ref:634067)   #23
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTV27
BAR wrote the contract they should live with it.
The BAR that wrote the contrcat and the BAR that are forced to abide by its terms are not reallty the same team. Villenneuves cost to the team was a burden Richards bears because he has to, not because he signed that ridiculous deal.

Jacques may well have something to offer as a driver who can still win, but neither Ferrari nor McLaren would ever have him, and Williams doesn't need him. Renault may prove to be his only opportunity to move up the grid as Trulli seems to be on the way out.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:25 (Ref:634121)   #24
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too late
and furrari won't have him anyways-cause he won't listen to (illegal) team orders
Old 17 Jun 2003, 16:26 (Ref:634489)   #25
Pit_Lane_Babe
Rookie

Pit_Lane_Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel a bit sorry for JV if he is crawling to The Reds saying he'll drive for free. Okay so this means that he doesn't always think of his bank balance when it comes to driving. However, he's not been on top form for a while, so even if he's offering his services free of charge, I very much doubt The Reds will take him up on the offer.
Personally, I woulnd't want to see him take Barrichello's seat anyway.