Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3984639)   #476
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There could also be a lot of local push-back.

The town receiving an influx of virus ridden outsiders and the locals can't even buy a ticket to the race.

Also. Any Tenthers who find themselves without tickets shout out as there may be people with some spares from their group booking... (Not sure if that applies to us as EPS is IC Les Billets)
Old 30 Jun 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3984640)   #477
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Are we going to hold the Ten Tenths meeting on the airfield?

I reckon a lot of tickets have either gone back or been held over to 2021.
I suspect that's underpinning their thought process. If they know approx 50% of grandstand seats have been returned / deferred then they may well be confident of being able to a bit of spacing there - same going for camping tickets.

Having speculated about what levers the ACO have to pull in terms of restricting attendance this feels like a pretty good solution at the moment (appreciating that I'm speaking from a position of having GE / camping / grandstand sorted).
Old 30 Jun 2020, 09:16 (Ref:3984645)   #478
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm in the Porsche Curves Camp Site. I do have a ticket for the ACO stand but I may not bother with that. I suspect the site will be less than full so distancing won't be an issue.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3984649)   #479
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I am glad to be able to go this year after all, it will be a special one, one to remember always.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 09:25 (Ref:3984650)   #480
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It may be the one and only time to enjoy lemans with a smaller crowd - should be a unique event.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3984665)   #481
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news. I just have to found a campsite as the one I have booked will not be hold this year. If someone has a spare for the Houx, I ma interested.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3984673)   #482
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you know then which campsites won't be used? It would be really useful to post that information here.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3984676)   #483
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
There could also be a lot of local push-back.

The town receiving an influx of virus ridden outsiders and the locals can't even buy a ticket to the race.

Also. Any Tenthers who find themselves without tickets shout out as there may be people with some spares from their group booking... (Not sure if that applies to us as EPS is IC Les Billets)
It doesn't apply to us, but some do have 'spare' tickets that already have owners who just don't actually know it yet..
Old 30 Jun 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3984677)   #484
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you know then which campsites won't be used? It would be really useful to post that information here.
BSJ is plague ridden anyway!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3984680)   #485
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is a private campsite. Sorry, i have missed this detail
Old 30 Jun 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3984683)   #486
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, understood. I thought you had some 'inside' information!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3984699)   #487
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crossing now booked. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3984701)   #488
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well looks like we are going, hopefully the ACO will let me buy my 2 GE's to go with the TR camping ticket, but need another TR if anyone has a spare they are not using so Helen can get in.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3984702)   #489
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Will give it a day or two before contacting the ACO re arrangements like when campsites open, no point booking tunnel until i know when we are going.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3984704)   #490
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm on the train around 10am Wednesday. Coming back on the Monday afternoon.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:30 (Ref:3984714)   #491
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Anybody have any idea when the track campsites open? Probably not the Sunday before raceweekend, as normal?
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3984715)   #492
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know wheter Eurosport will broadcast this year s race? Wenn this question is way too off topic, please put it in the right one. thanks.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3984716)   #493
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
They broadcast the virtual race, so I don't see why they wouldn't broadcast the real deal!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3984720)   #494
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
They broadcast the virtual race, so I don't see why they wouldn't broadcast the real deal!
Really hope so! In september there are other sports events which can harm a 24-hour broadcast, hope they will do it!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3984727)   #495
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Anybody have any idea when the track campsites open? Probably not the Sunday before raceweekend, as normal?
Hopefully this will be mentioned as part of the promised announcement regarding additional measures to be part in place.

We've also booked for a Wednesday crossing so hoping they'll be open by then.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3984732)   #496
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Really hope so! In september there are other sports events which can harm a 24-hour broadcast, hope they will do it!
The Tour de France will definitely take up one of their channels during race week.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3984741)   #497
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Does anyone know wheter Eurosport will broadcast this year s race? Wenn this question is way too off topic, please put it in the right one. thanks.
ACO are making noises about streaming it
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3984744)   #498
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So, as things stand, if you have your tickets already - you're in.....

Ticket sales have been suspended in the hope that conditions improve, enabling current restrictions on large crowds to be lifted. Only ACO members* and anyone who already holds a ticket for the race will be admitted to the circuit as a spectator. ACO members, spectators and authorised resellers who have already booked and paid for grandstand tickets, camping areas, parking spaces or ACO member hospitality areas may purchase the corresponding tickets for the race. Please contact ACO customer services (serviceclients@lemans.org).
If you already have tickets or are entitled to order tickets (grandstand or campsite tickets already purchased) you're in AS LONG AS "conditions improve, enabling current restrictions on large crowds to be lifted"
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3984745)   #499
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have sent an email to the ACO address given asking about when the campsites open, if they are open Tuesday then we will go then, if not it will have to be Wednesday.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3984747)   #500
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Have saturday and sunday night shift till 6am monday morning. Will probably ask for sunday night off, so I can attend a Concours d'Elegance in Antwerp on sunday afternoon, ride towards Reims to have my traditional "Champagne in a pool" sunday evening, then monday towards Le Mans. If the campsites are open on monday, I'll head towards the track. If not, I'll camp in Beaumont till they do open.