Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2020, 04:02 (Ref:3975838)   #376
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Drink

Armco Bender throws in a wildcard entry........Brendon Hartley...
Old 13 May 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3975850)   #377
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Who takes Vettel's seat:

1 Sainz: Fast enough, driver dynamic with Leclerc hard to judge. Think he wouldn't easily settle for 2nd.

2 Ricciardo: Definitely fast enough (Leclerc outpacing him seems unlikely). Driver dynamic would be okay as long as they both can have a go. He would bring a lot flair and upbeat spirit to the Ferrari team (and that they need).

3 Bottas: would be fast and dependable enough as a number 2 driver. Could be seat swap with Vettel (Hamilton and Vettel would be interesting in one team (a story F1 could ude).

4 Hulkenburg: fast and dependable enough as a 2nd driver.

5 Alonso: cool but too risky.

6 Hamilton: Only if Mercedes would quite and he could take some defining folks with him.

7 Gio: Nah.

8 Kimi: Does not need the fuss (if he sticks around anyway).

9 Norris: ? Not likely.

10 Grosjean: Never.
Giovinazzi would have to be the most underwhelming choice for a Ferrari drive.
Old 13 May 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3975856)   #378
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Giovinazzi would have to be the most underwhelming choice for a Ferrari drive.
Yup.

Between Sainz and Ricciardo, I reckon both would only accept equal status at the start of the season. I reckon in Sainz case that could lead to a bitter fight, whereas with Ricciardo his Aussie laid backness would help to keep the atmospeer good.
Old 13 May 2020, 08:45 (Ref:3975863)   #379
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't know about that. Sainz and Ricciardo could have their work cut out, especially to try and get on terms with Leclerc. Sainz is good, but no megastar. Ricciardo has his qualities, but not sure if he is what Ferrari needs
Old 13 May 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3975884)   #380
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sainz is good, but no megastar.

He has not got the car Leclerc has got to go for poles and wins. I reckon they would be quite close.

Quote:
Ricciardo has his qualities, but not sure if he is what Ferrari needs

Qualities as being damn fast and a really good racer? What does make you doubt he is what Ferrari needs? I'm interested in your arguments.

If I were Ferrari I would go for Ricciardo if I wanted two drivers pushing each other to the limit to get the best out of each other while keeping good spirit.

I would go for Bottas or Hulkenberg If I wanted a fast enough 2nd driver who's got the teams back.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 13 May 2020, 10:17 (Ref:3975886)   #381
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks like Sainz has it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...-2021/4791668/
Old 13 May 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3975906)   #382
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a way out there observation I would not be surprised if Dan Ricciardo knocked back the chance to got to Ferrari if he was offered a seat at Mclaren now that Mercedes PU are going to be in their cars next year. He would be at least the number one driver in that case with you would suppose a half decent chassis and motor combination and without the apparent problems of being tagged with 2nd driver status. It would seem to be a more stable atmosphere within the team and no Ferrari confusion.
Old 13 May 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3975919)   #383
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sainz may not quite be in the same league as Leclerc or Verstappen, the jury is still out for me on that one, but he would be a safe pair of hands. He would certainly get plenty of points and a few wins at the least. I could also see Ricciardo taking his place at McLaren, although could you imagine the laughter that would go on in the McLaren garage and motorhome with the Honey Badger and Lando together
Old 13 May 2020, 14:21 (Ref:3975934)   #384
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
As a way out there observation I would not be surprised if Dan Ricciardo knocked back the chance to got to Ferrari if he was offered a seat at Mclaren now that Mercedes PU are going to be in their cars next year. He would be at least the number one driver in that case with you would suppose a half decent chassis and motor combination and without the apparent problems of being tagged with 2nd driver status. It would seem to be a more stable atmosphere within the team and no Ferrari confusion.
if it is Sainz who gets the seat, then i agree, that open Mclaren seat becomes very appealing. arguably more appealing then the Ferrari seat imo.
Old 13 May 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3975936)   #385
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if it is Sainz who gets the seat, then i agree, that open Mclaren seat becomes very appealing. arguably more appealing then the Ferrari seat imo.
Is Sainz's career going to inversely emulate Alonso's?
After departing Toro Rosso, they went from 7th to 9th in the manufacturers.
Renault, climbed from 6th when he joined to 4th. Dropped to 5th when he left.
McLaren were 6th before he joined, and were 4th last year.

If he continues his record of joining a team as they move up the table, then Ferrari should win everything when he joins them?
Old 13 May 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3975937)   #386
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just a couple of thoughts on DanRic...by no means a knock as i do really rate him.

but if he gets offered/takes the Ferrari seat that will be his 5th race seat in 11 years. several wins but only 1 from pole (Monaco 2018?) - unflattering perhaps but one needs the car to go pole to victory. to his credit, some of his other wins came from no where which of course speaks to his ability to stay focused even after early misfortune. his late breaking is great to watch but it is the high risk high reward stuff and if the car is not great (like with his Renault) he just looks to be a bit desperate imo. it is hindsight, but he made a very poor career choice by going to Renault but on his day he can be brilliant.

again not a knock, but if you look at his career over the past decade he is maybe starting to look more like a modern day F1 journeyman driver then a future champion.

obviously i could have said the same about Button before he won it so who knows.

a car originally designed for a Honda engine gets a Merc PU instead and becomes a world beater....if Ric signs with Mclaren just as they are switching to Merc power then maybe lighting can strike twice!
Old 13 May 2020, 14:37 (Ref:3975938)   #387
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If he continues his record of joining a team as they move up the table, then Ferrari should win everything when he joins them?
if you want a million tifosi followers on the twit, post that message of optimism!
Old 13 May 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3975939)   #388
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
if Ric signs with Mclaren just as they are switching to Merc power then maybe lighting can strike twice!
A repeat of 2007 you say? A McLaren driver leaves for Ferrari and takes the WDC by one point from the driver who replaced him.
Old 13 May 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3975942)   #389
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
A repeat of 2007 you say? A McLaren driver leaves for Ferrari and takes the WDC by one point from the driver who replaced him.
wow mind blown!

i have to go lay some bets!
Old 14 May 2020, 06:31 (Ref:3976016)   #390
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't think Ricciardo would exit the Renault 'project' so soon, but then time is running out for him.

He was waiting on the 2021 rules, which I guess is out the window and who knows if Renault will stick around now?
Old 14 May 2020, 07:13 (Ref:3976025)   #391
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LeClerc's frustrations will rise if he can't win a world championship just as Alonso's and Vettel's did and he will then suffer the fate of those drivers when he leaves Ferari to join another team. He is obviously a man in a hurry much like Alonso was and thinks the championship should be his by default. A lot of young drivers who think this way finish up not doing well. I would put Verstappen in the same boat, no WDC and he will not be a happy camper and one of them is going to lose.
Old 14 May 2020, 07:34 (Ref:3976032)   #392
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I didn't think Ricciardo would exit the Renault 'project' so soon, but then time is running out for him.

He was waiting on the 2021 rules, which I guess is out the window and who knows if Renault will stick around now?
There was something on the BBC website last night about a rumour that Ricciardo was talking to McLaren.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52627900

Make of that what you will!
Old 14 May 2020, 08:49 (Ref:3976050)   #393
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
just a couple of thoughts on DanRic...by no means a knock as i do really rate him.

but if he gets offered/takes the Ferrari seat that will be his 5th race seat in 11 years. several wins but only 1 from pole (Monaco 2018?) - unflattering perhaps but one needs the car to go pole to victory. to his credit, some of his other wins came from no where which of course speaks to his ability to stay focused even after early misfortune. his late breaking is great to watch but it is the high risk high reward stuff and if the car is not great (like with his Renault) he just looks to be a bit desperate imo. it is hindsight, but he made a very poor career choice by going to Renault but on his day he can be brilliant.

again not a knock, but if you look at his career over the past decade he is maybe starting to look more like a modern day F1 journeyman driver then a future champion.

obviously i could have said the same about Button before he won it so who knows.

a car originally designed for a Honda engine gets a Merc PU instead and becomes a world beater....if Ric signs with Mclaren just as they are switching to Merc power then maybe lighting can strike twice!
The Brawn was designed for a Honda and ran a Merc.....just saying and yes I know it was an atmo
Old 14 May 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3976053)   #394
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

A team run by Seidl or the humpty who "runs" Renault ( and Caterham before that) tough choice.....
Old 14 May 2020, 09:05 (Ref:3976055)   #395
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ric confirmed at McLaren this morning.
Old 14 May 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3976058)   #396
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ric confirmed at McLaren this morning.
Yup just read it on BBC news..👍
Old 14 May 2020, 09:19 (Ref:3976062)   #397
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren basically announced Sainz at Ferrari really lol.
Old 14 May 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3976069)   #398
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
@RenaultF1Team
Renault DP World F1 Team and Daniel Ricciardo will not continue collaboration beyond 2020

Within the unprecedented context of the 2020 season, discussions held with Daniel Ricciardo concerning a renewal of his contract beyond the end of 2020 have not been successful.#RSspirit
Taking it well at Renault, then.

Sainz confirmed at Ferrari too. Silly season was short and sweet!
Old 14 May 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3976071)   #399
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Silly season was short and sweet!
FFS - finally there was actually something to talk about and then they go and wrap it up in a couple of days
Old 14 May 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3976078)   #400
S griffin
Veteran

So Ricciardo leaving Renault. Pretty much confirms him at McLaren. Let’s hope McLaren continue the progress they have made