Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 7 Oct 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1118338)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
10-Tenths Calendar

Hi gentlemen and ladies,

We are looking into possibly producing a 10-Tenths calendar for next year as part of the new merchandising that's going to be coming on stream. All proceeds going to keep Tenths online and eventually upgrade the infrastructure it lives on even more.

However, to do a calendar, we need to put something on it!

We obviously can't afford to purchase photos/art work, but if 12 of you would be kind enough to donate one picture/art work each (full credit given on each), then we'd have a calendar.

If anyone would be willing to contribute, please respond to this thread or contact me by PM.

Many thanks,

EP
Old 9 Oct 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1119611)   #2
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not get people to post suggested pics on this thread, then we could have a poll on which to include? Or have one month will a collage of ten tenthers work?
Old 9 Oct 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1119624)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd be delighted to donate one of mine. Are you looking for current stuff or from any period?
Old 9 Oct 2004, 12:33 (Ref:1119675)   #4
mcurtis26
Veteran

One thing that could be a possible problem....is it not a condition of entry to most UK circuits that photos taken from the public areas technically have the copyright assigned to the circuit and are only to be used for non profit use? I've always assumed that this is a standard clause and not one which is ever enforced tho?
Old 9 Oct 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1119713)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If that's so, there's an awful lot of people out there "breaking the law". I think your assumption is a pretty safe one.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1119732)   #6
mcurtis26
Veteran

Thats what I thought, I think one of the reasons they do it is so they can call in pictures if their has unfortunately been a driver fatality to avoid photos circulating.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 16:21 (Ref:1119794)   #7
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want, you can have any from my gallery, nothing newer than 98 there I am afraid. but over 800 to choose from!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 04:44 (Ref:1120087)   #8
pao
Rookie

United States
Huntsville, GA
pao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm game, as long as you want either SCCA or ALMS cars (or any support series) from Road Atlanta in 2004. Because that's all I have so far.

Personally, I like the idea of having a thread for posting suggestions; set a deadline and there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 08:48 (Ref:1120132)   #9
Mark Barton
Rookie

Mark Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are many more talented photographers here than I, but you'd be more than welcome to anything I've taken.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1120198)   #10
mcurtis26
Veteran

Your welcome to use any off my site at http://matthew7686.fotopic.net The images on the site are in a low res, I can send higher res if anything takes your eye
Old 10 Oct 2004, 15:41 (Ref:1120356)   #11
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd definitely like to post a couple of entries over the next couple of days. Perhaps see how many entries there are and have a poll if necessary.

A really good idea though.

(oh, and is it restricted to 2004 season shots?)
Old 10 Oct 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1120453)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
hi folks, all shots are welcome and thanks for your response both to the thread and by private message. It's been pointed out to me by a wise member of your number that we may have issues with copyright with certain types of racing/teams so we need to look into that in more detail.

I hope to get back to you in the next week. Many thanks for your support - the response has been overwhelming and we're very grateful. I know a couple of you are waiting for PM responses from me as well - I will get back to you as soon as I have time to do more than a quick scan of my posts - we've had a 2 day rallyX this weekend!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1120542)   #13
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew. Next time you see me at a show yu are more than welcome to choose a couple of images to use FOC.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1121839)   #14
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Ted. Much appreciated.
Terri - I will sort something in the next couple of weeks if you want to use it.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 11:35 (Ref:1137642)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hi folks,

Firstly, can I say a big THANK YOU to you all for your kind offers of photographs, good advice and your time to assist with this.

It's greatly grealy appreciated.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of interest in the merchandising site, copyright issues and time constraints, I'm regretfully going to have to give up this idea for the moment.

You've all offered some superb pictures and I want to ensure that if we do this, we're going to be able to produce a calendar that will do them justice and will be seen by as many people as possible. Right now, I don't believe we can do this so I'd rather wait and hopefully we can start on this earlier next year and have something in place for 2006.

Once again, many thanks for your support. If you won't mind, I don't respond to everyone by PM as well as there are so many of you!

Best wishes,
EP
Old 28 Oct 2004, 11:00 (Ref:1138732)   #16
Mark Barton
Rookie

Mark Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame, I would have bought one (even if none of my pics made the cut ). I'll be keeping an eye out for the '06 edition though.