Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3872603)   #3576
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I sitting in Patisserie Valerie having a double esspresso and qwassont.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3872608)   #3577
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Are you having PV's qwassant stuffed with tomatoes, Peter?
Old 27 Dec 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3872612)   #3578
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Think there was a difference on ZA & ZB with the chrome trim on the front wing?
The visual difference between the two is the chrome trim - the ZB has a straight chrome "spear" along the front side of the wing whereas the ZA had a "hockey stick" design which wrapped around the leading edge of the front wheel arch. The main body change came with the ZB Varitone which had a wrap round rear window and normally had two-tone paintwork.

If I remember correctly the ZB had some mechanical enhancements over the ZA as well.

Of course a MGB engine will drop straight in and is fairly popular modification - plus the inevitable 5-speed gearbox which makes the car infinitely nicer to drive.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3872614)   #3579
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hey that's a great name for "tea break thread 2019".Poor old JT. Back for five minuets and even his fellow moderator spelling has gone AWOL.
happy New Year, some of us are working.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3872616)   #3580
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting development, what with brexit an’ all.....

‘Gatwick airport sold to French firm’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46691846
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3872625)   #3581
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully they'll knock it down and build a new appropriately sized 'Brexit' one back in Croydon, I think the buildings still there actually.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3872630)   #3582
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Interesting development, what with brexit an’ all.....

‘Gatwick airport sold to French firm’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46691846
"Double espresso and croissant Natter" - could we get any more Waitrose?

My vote is "Bacon'n'oil butty and hypoid tea break natter" - far more reflective of the majority of the denizens of this Forum.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3872631)   #3583
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Used to go past the old Croydon airport occasionally when I worked in Croydon itself. Wasn’t until years later I learned of its history....

C’est la vie!
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3872632)   #3584
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Are you having PV's qwassant stuffed with tomatoes, Peter?
If you like to keep your knowledge of this region of the forum updated, John, may be you should add a carrot and half a potato! Yes, I know French humor is somewhat "chpetzial"…
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3872633)   #3585
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
My vote is "Bacon'n'oil butty and hypoid tea break natter" - far more reflective of the majority of the denizens of this Forum.
Midget, what about keeping the international touch? May be you can add Valérie at some point or "remettez nous ça!"

People at Vinci are bad in business, can't believe how much they are ready to pay for some… drones! Watta buzz…
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3872634)   #3586
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Regarding the ZAs & ZBs I'm surprised that there are any left after just about all of them were driven to destruction in the 60/70s on the stock car tracks, it was "the" car to have at that time
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3872635)   #3587
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
"Double espresso and croissant Natter" - could we get any more Waitrose?

The ‘Grubby mug and tea stained spoon’ break........
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3872636)   #3588
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Because its delta related cycling should be involved and may be you can find some sponsor? Alan M for example… It could become "oops, where are the brakes?"
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3872637)   #3589
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
it was "the" car to have at that time
Simca was a huge contributor of this style of race, mainly models using a Ford V8 engine like Beaulieu, Versailles, Chambord…
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:48 (Ref:3872638)   #3590
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
STOP PRESS!!

Gatwick Airport to be renamed "Aerogare Paris-Crawley" and used as Ryan Air's European base.

The DUP offers support to the Tooting Popular Front which objects to backstop at the re-christened "Balham, Gateway to the South of Europe". Theresa May to visit Wolfie Smith in a whistlestop tour of European cities including Reigate, Redhill and Godstone.

Crucial Parliamentary Brexit vote delayed until April 1st.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3872643)   #3591
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
While you are to sell anything to anyone and renaming your jewels, may I give some suggestions? Thank you! Trafalgar square to become Culloden round about and your October 21 to become July 14th! Just a starter…
No worry, our "Veau Marengo" became "Couscous boulettes" since a long time!
Old 27 Dec 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3872657)   #3592
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Hesitant to mention alcohol in the tea-break thread, but I thought the collective mind might have some thoughts on this, as its almost classic.....

When at Milady's daughter's place on Xmas day, some mention was made of sparkling wine - prompting milady to remember that we have a bottle of something that might match that description in the kitchen wine rack.....no idea why, maybe won in a raffle?

On returning home, I investigated and it appears to be something labelled "Pina Colada", branded as sold by St Michael, so presumably from M&S. Only thing is it has a "Display before" date of 19/12/92, and a "Best before" date of 12/01/93............

So, what's the thoughts? Vintage or time-bomb?
Old 27 Dec 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3872656)   #3593
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
STOP PRESS!!

Gatwick Airport to be renamed "Aerogare Paris-Crawley" and used as Ryan Air's European base.

The DUP offers support to the Tooting Popular Front which objects to backstop at the re-christened "Balham, Gateway to the South of Europe". Theresa May to visit Wolfie Smith in a whistlestop tour of European cities including Reigate, Redhill and Godstone.

Crucial Parliamentary Brexit vote delayed until April 1st.
Clearly that bang on the head was more serious than at first thought.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 15:08 (Ref:3872660)   #3594
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Clearly that bang on the head
What about another one? Your car is GERMAN as was the previous one!
Old 27 Dec 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3872682)   #3595
midgetman
Veteran

??? My car's Swedish. Mrs MM's car is German. My previous one was nominally Swedish too. I don't think I've ever had a German car, I've been mostly driving French and British.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Dec 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3872683)   #3596
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
O k so I left work early but just had the nicest bike ride home in daylight. Cup of tea then off to see a real race car workshop. "MG David".
In case I forget "Happy New Year" and thank you for all your friendship.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3872684)   #3597
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry, midget, it was sent to bauble. How do you manage to buy a French car? The price being linked to the quality… they are free! May be you can even get a reward if you buy another.
Dont tell me about Renault, the quality is so poor that they framed the CEO!
Old 27 Dec 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3872685)   #3598
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Hesitant to mention alcohol in the tea-break thread, but I thought the collective mind might have some thoughts on this, as its almost classic.....

When at Milady's daughter's place on Xmas day, some mention was made of sparkling wine - prompting milady to remember that we have a bottle of something that might match that description in the kitchen wine rack.....no idea why, maybe won in a raffle?

On returning home, I investigated and it appears to be something labelled "Pina Colada", branded as sold by St Michael, so presumably from M&S. Only thing is it has a "Display before" date of 19/12/92, and a "Best before" date of 12/01/93............

So, what's the thoughts? Vintage or time-bomb?
Lanky, open it up.I'm intrigued.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3872686)   #3599
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
O k so I left work early but just had the nicest bike ride home in daylight. Cup of tea then off to see a real race car workshop. "MG David".

In case I forget "Happy New Year" and thank you for all your friendship.
You won't be able to move in there, he's acquired yet another one. Lord knows where he's going to put it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Dec 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3872687)   #3600
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I thought a ‘Pina Colada’ was a pineapple juice and alcohol cocktail.....

If the bottle has got juice in the ingredients you’ll likely be able to tell if it’s off by smell, or taste, or both......

Good luck!