Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Aug 2002, 14:28 (Ref:349360)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Spa track modifications -->

Just thought i'd say that after watching about 5 minutes of the FIA GT on Eurosport, I can say that Spa has undergone a few changes.

Most notably The Bus Stop Chichane.
Its mainly the same, but the exit has been changed, gone are the two kerbs the cars used to jump over, its now just a straight run down towards La Source.

I'm also guessing (i repeat guessing) that the pit lane entry has been changed too, with a new slip road emerging just after the first part of the bus stop (cutting over that grass patch).

The only other change I could spot was a slight change to Fagnes, I think one of the kerbs has been moved back (making the corner a bit more open) as there is now a second white line on the track before the new kerb.

It also seems as though a lot of the track has been re-surfaced.

I apologise if these changes have already been documented, if they have, I missed them!
Old 3 Aug 2002, 15:17 (Ref:349376)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another change looks like the exit of Eau Rouge , the gravel trap has been tarmac'd and the wall moved furthur back i think . That should help Jacques a little bit when he trys to do his normal act of trying to kill himself during qualifing for the Spa race .
Old 3 Aug 2002, 16:03 (Ref:349396)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
normal act of bravery and "cojones", Sato san!

I also have seen the 24 hr Spa race, and I think, having seen the Bus Stop chicane, that the cars will continue to enter the pits the way as always. I think it would be more dangerous to enter the pits in the middle of Bus Stop, because the car would have to do quite a sharp turn while the others would be just accelerating.

Did you see the pitlane exit they were using? It returns to the road at Raidillon, just after the crest... a bit dangerous to me.

Anyway. We'll see in 3 or 4 weeks time
Old 3 Aug 2002, 20:46 (Ref:349504)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow... Changes to a track that don't ruin it? Bizarre! Somebody drag Hermann Tilke there to show him it's possible!
Old 3 Aug 2002, 20:58 (Ref:349513)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greatest circuit in the. When I read the topic my heart sunk as I thought these 'changes were going to be pretty drastic. I'm pleased to see they seem to be quite positive. On a vaguely related note I will be gracing this wonderfull circuit with my presence at the GP in September (and I can't wait )

Last edited by Damon; 3 Aug 2002 at 20:58.
Old 3 Aug 2002, 21:20 (Ref:349521)   #6
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
Wow... Changes to a track that don't ruin it? Bizarre! Somebody drag Hermann Tilke there to show him it's possible!

Just let him try and that will be the last he has ever done.

(not you...him)

Did I say this?
Old 4 Aug 2002, 08:58 (Ref:349688)   #7
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Spa

Sato san:

"That should help Jacques a little bit when he trys to do his normal act of trying to kill himself during qualifying for the Spa race."

Absolutely priceless Sato san...very funny!

Tye
Old 4 Aug 2002, 09:13 (Ref:349692)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thank you . made me chuckle too.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 12:13 (Ref:349775)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Wondering if it will make the cars use less wing?

Not having to jump over those kerbs, and having a couple of corners seemingly wider thus faster.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 19:46 (Ref:349964)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon

Greatest circuit in the. When I read the topic my heart sunk as I thought these 'changes were going to be pretty drastic. I'm pleased to see they seem to be quite positive. On a vaguely related note I will be gracing this wonderfull circuit with my presence at the GP in September (and I can't wait )
Agreed. I'm off to the race at Spa as well. And yep, you guessed it, I can't wait either!
Old 4 Aug 2002, 20:28 (Ref:349978)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I'm hopeing to get a spot a the Bus Stop, where are aiming to go?
Old 4 Aug 2002, 20:40 (Ref:349985)   #12
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buggeration, I left it too late to get accomodation anywhere near the circuit (my dad REFUSES to camp, hehe), so for the second year of trying, I wont make it to Spa...I wanna see cars go fast at a great circuit before it's predictably ripped to pieces :'(

But back on topic, hmmmm, would be interesting to see a pic of these track changes. I doubt it will change setup too much, as I think they take the exit chicane pretty much flat as the come onto the start/finish straight (at least I do in GP3/GP4 ). Maybe a suspension tweak perhaps, as I always hit those kerbs v.v. hard going through them, but not any wing I imagine. But what do I know, I'm a mere computer geek...someone care to enlighten us? Argh, what am I waffling about...*note to self: don't go for a mid evening nap then intend on communicating with people*
Old 4 Aug 2002, 20:46 (Ref:349990)   #13
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there too,on Friday and saturday we will be going arround the circuit and on sunday we are hoping to get a a spot at the busstop chicane...i'll have to get up urly...
Old 4 Aug 2002, 20:49 (Ref:349992)   #14
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damon,

same here. Wanna see the cars on the brakes going into the bus stop chicane. If I could have afforded grandstand tickets it would have been Eau Rouge most definitely.

I'm after some glowing brake disc piccies..
Old 4 Aug 2002, 20:50 (Ref:349993)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
blimey looks like everyone's gonna be there. Better go get my seat now!!
Old 4 Aug 2002, 20:54 (Ref:349996)   #16
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
We should be okay.. we just have to design a ten-tenths flag and declare the bus stop chicane an independent state for the weekend!
Old 4 Aug 2002, 20:57 (Ref:349997)   #17
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
hey there's an idea, although I wouldn't be suprised if the Germans have already put their beach towels down .
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:06 (Ref:350002)   #18
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
true... but we'll just block their view..

But seriously, I think some sort of ten-tenths banner should be made. Then we can look out for comrades.. You never know, might even be picked up on the coverage.

Bernie should know who we are by now..

Last edited by Spudgun; 4 Aug 2002 at 21:07.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 11:57 (Ref:350357)   #19
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm,looks like everyone is going before bernie drops the race because they won't let bernies precious cigerettes there.just try it ya ****!
Old 5 Aug 2002, 15:23 (Ref:350504)   #20
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont forget the umbrellas!!!
Old 5 Aug 2002, 15:33 (Ref:350509)   #21
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Saw the title and read a line or two, but too damn lazy to read everyfink, so forgive me if I repeat yourselves so to speak..

Has the whole track been resurfaced now, or is there still that bloody great 6 inch drop from the new to the old down the back straight??

And when are they going to bring the facilities/access/viewing into the 20th century? (no that's not a typo, I meant 20th).....

Last edited by garcon; 5 Aug 2002 at 15:34.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 17:54 (Ref:350596)   #22
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pits that exit at the top of Eau Rouge are from the pits on the downhill run from La Source. The F1 piyts still exit coming out of La Source.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 22:03 (Ref:350826)   #23
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also will they install more than 1 toilet in the bronze areas, which might stop the forest being used as a toilet all weekend. I shudder to think how contaminated the water gets over the GP weekend.