Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1259986)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Late modifications of Le Mans track

As Ayse asked me lately to post some pics of the recent works of LM tracks, here are some I took today...

But if the thread is inappropriate, feel free to delete, of course...

First pic : taken behind the outfield GS - a brand new tarmac...

Last edited by Fab; 16 Jun 2009 at 17:30.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1259988)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Second pic : how look now the Ford chicane, view from the small uncovered GS...

Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1259990)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Third pic : same shot, but closer (sorry for the shabby look, I took that with my PDA)...

Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1259992)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fourth pic: how it looks behind : a new road/tarmac...

Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1259993)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fifth pic : behind the Maison Blanche GS, a brand new space/lane...

Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1260146)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks fab...looks like they've managed to obscure the view for both photographers and spectators alike!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 01:15 (Ref:1260327)   #7
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice pictures, I wish it was June!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1260502)   #8
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it does seem to have ruined the spot for spectators where you could get head on shots over the low wall.

As for press, it seems to have increased the distance to the track and I'm assuming that there are holes cut into that fencing.

kdr, what was the Ford chicane like before this in terms of trackside access?
Old 24 Mar 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1260557)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
as i recall the wall the photographers would shoot from was moreorless in a line where the gravel trap now ends in fabs pictures. i don't think the fence the spectators stood behind has moved that much, its just they've added another layer of fencing which didn't used to be there.

i doubt they've put holes in that new fence, but to be honest i never really liked it there anyway. the backgrounds are hideous...white hospitality units with pointy roofs..yuck. i'd only ever go there late on the sunday afternoon and try and get some stock pictures of the cars that were still running...a sort of "just-in-case-we-need-it" picture. it used to be the classic place for getting those flash pan pictures, but with digital i think thats dropped off a lot.

one way to avoid the pointy white hospitality units is to shoot with your back to them, this is the only picture i've got that sort of shows that area.

Last edited by kdr; 19 Jun 2007 at 21:39.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1261182)   #10
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
merci Fab, KDR for the visit and photos Last year I never really spent time walking over there, from afar it looked not very interesting background-wise, so its nice to see from KDRs experience that I didnt waste leg time schlepping around there. I guess though it could maybe alright for some real tight cockpit stuff, simply because of the slow speeds, but even then.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1261315)   #11
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
merci Fab, KDR for the visit and photos Last year I never really spent time walking over there, from afar it looked not very interesting background-wise, so its nice to see from KDRs experience that I didnt waste leg time schlepping around there. I guess though it could maybe alright for some real tight cockpit stuff, simply because of the slow speeds, but even then.
yes i was thinking of taking a 500mm(not THE 500mm i hasten to add.. ) down there and sticking it on a nikon d1h...that would be prrrrretty tight.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 16:21 (Ref:1261585)   #12
David L
Racer

United Kingdom
Lancashire, UK
David L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
yes i was thinking of taking a 500mm(not THE 500mm i hasten to add.. ) down there and sticking it on a nikon d1h...that would be prrrrretty tight.
Too tight to stand by the wall..! I had to stand back by the spectator fence.. Only problem is that bozo's with point and shoots would go and stand by the wall in fron tof me...

A swift boot to the arse was called for..

A 400 would have been better..
Old 25 Mar 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1261611)   #13
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well unfortunately we are all talking about the past now, as the general concensus from all of us shooters at Sebring would be that there would be maybe 3 holes cut in the fence, leading to pile ups. Oh well, it will just force us to change the way we look at things and the way we shoot. Nothing unusual. Like KDR, I hate the background, but for some reason those pics sell like crazy. What was nice about no fence was there was about 50 feet along the wall with shooting possibilities, and if you played it right, you could avoid the background, or keep it to a minimum.

KDR, I like shooting from the other side too. And also from the end of pitlane where you can not only shoot pans of the cars on track but also head on shots of cars coming into the pits. BTW will you be there this year KDR? Hope to see you there.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1261715)   #14
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David L
Too tight to stand by the wall..! I had to stand back by the spectator fence.. Only problem is that bozo's with point and shoots would go and stand by the wall in fron tof me...

A swift boot to the arse was called for..

A 400 would have been better..
as an ordinary spectator standing behind the ****** fence, I used to think the same ...