Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Apr 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1884432)   #26
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
AND us marshals!!!! Im new to that side of the fence this year but even if I wernt Id still be there untill it finished !

A second marshal joining in, I'll be there both days from the start to the finish. like C9/89 I'm new to the bit of the grass nearest to the track this year but have spent many hours on the other side of the fence at OP, GTs always do it for me,
Old 5 Apr 2007, 20:55 (Ref:1884441)   #27
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a new team website for Team 4Car has been launched this evening over at Channel4.com. Competition and video from the media day as well.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/team4car/
Old 6 Apr 2007, 06:28 (Ref:1884659)   #28
Dragaan
Rookie

Dragaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, I'm off. I'll hopefully bump into some of you over the weekend (but hopefully not run over you in my wheelchair! :P) I'd just like to say a thank you in advance to all the Marshals that will be there making the weekend possible for the rest of us to enjoy.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 07:32 (Ref:1884694)   #29
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They have changed the timetable. For new click http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/oulton-park/index.asp
and look at the BGT/F3 link.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 09:05 (Ref:1884743)   #30
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
forgive me for idiocy but what the BEEP is that on the back of the ferrari 430 on the exhaust pipes??

and newbob i live an hour from oulton and so far so good the weather is terrific although a bit chilly.
I do hate silencers! What are the BGT and/or Oulton Park noise limits? I'm presuming they're different from somewhere like Donington or Silverstone or Snetterton?

Well, the forecast looks good, are you likely to be there, DJ? I'm not sure how far away I am but it'll be a 3-4 hour journey for me, I think. That distance for a BGT race? I need the escape...
Old 6 Apr 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1884919)   #31
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, not quite such great news - Autosport reports Team Modena will be absent at Oulton Park due to lack of preparation time upon receiving the car. There is a possibility of a Brookspeed Viper, though, if they can prepare it in time. Is this the same Brookspeed squad which ran Vipers in BGT a few years back? I believe they had John Cleland driving at some point?
Old 6 Apr 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1884951)   #32
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It is the same Brrokspeed team - the Gallardo isn't so much lack of prep time as the car not having been built yet!
Old 6 Apr 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1885025)   #33
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
They have changed the timetable. For new click http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/oulton-park/index.asp
and look at the BGT/F3 link.
Looks like the T-Cars have gone from Saturday which is a bit of a shame, and everything else in the morning starts 30 mins later.

I'm going for the afternoon session, so I suppose at least now I'll get to see some Ginetta's.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1885465)   #34
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to see that this years leading pole time is just 6 tenths off of last years. Next year id not be suprised to see the top GT3 cars lapping faster than the 2006 GT2 cars.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1885469)   #35
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still a bit disappointing to see the times so spread out

What happened to the Lotus?
Old 7 Apr 2007, 16:19 (Ref:1885480)   #36
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to DSC Cadena only recieved the car from Lotus at 7am today. Their existing car is on its way to FIA GT3 Homologation tests at Adria hence the new car from Lotus. The car broke down on its first lap out and was withdrawn. However Kershaw and Whight have done a deal to race the spare Trackspeed 997 that was at the track for this weekend. Cadena are running the car in Cadena decals again as car #15. Great story.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 18:24 (Ref:1885549)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Interesting to see that this years leading pole time is just 6 tenths off of last years. Next year id not be suprised to see the top GT3 cars lapping faster than the 2006 GT2 cars.

Noticed that myself, these GT3 cars can be quick.

How much is a DBRS9 compared to a 911 RSR or Aston DBR9?
Old 7 Apr 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1885571)   #38
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back after a nice Sunny day at Oulton park.

Yes these GT3's can be very quick, I honestly couldn't tell the difference from last year to this. The Aston's were impressive early on but the spectacular Viper's were rather subdued as regards pace, they just didn't seem as fast around Oultons many slow/medium corners.

Overall though it was a great day, and anybody who is going Monday is in for a treat.

Last edited by Flat12-Aircool; 7 Apr 2007 at 19:01.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1885593)   #39
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a cracking day's race and how good was the GT race, roll on Monday !!
Old 7 Apr 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1885621)   #40
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
According to DSC Cadena only recieved the car from Lotus at 7am today. Their existing car is on its way to FIA GT3 Homologation tests at Adria hence the new car from Lotus. The car broke down on its first lap out and was withdrawn.
Hi there,

Guess this was a lucky shot then, car did not sound to healthy when it was out on its one and only lap.

More pics to follow later.

Regards

Tim

Last edited by Tim Dunlop; 7 Apr 2007 at 20:11.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1885661)   #41
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Hi there,

Here is a selection of my pictures from today.

Anyone going on Monday should have a great day.

Ferrari F430 GT3

Another F430 GT3

First of four Dodge Vipers

One of three Ascaris running today

One of the three Barwell Aston Martin DBRS9's

Nice Eclipse Mosler GT3

One of the two RPM Vipers

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Will post a link to the pics on my site as soon as I have finished processing them.

Regards

Tim
Old 7 Apr 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1885716)   #42
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just uploaded some photos from today and the can be found at:- http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/2007/F3-GT-Oulton-Sat
Old 8 Apr 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1886494)   #43
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm definately going now, so I'll take my video camara and post the videos on Google.

For a bit of fun I ran the Viper Competition Coupe at 'Oulton Park 2006' in GTR2 and managed a quickest time of 1.42.079, pretty impressed how close that is to real life times!

Now we need some British GT Vipers.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 16:49 (Ref:1886500)   #44
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
been at oulton on friday and saturday lending a hand to one of the ginetta teams, the race on the saturday afternoon was fabulous and it was much better than i thought with these GT3 cars.

although they are a bit on the quiet side though, the ascari KZ1 and morgan aero 8 sounded amazing compared to the rather tame sounding aston martin DBRS9's and porsche 997 GT3's.

if youre going on monday you are in for an absolute treat, shame about the RPM viper though, had a look on friday night and it was absolutely trashed to say the least, RPM are going to have a nasty bill for that one
Old 8 Apr 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1886534)   #45
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Hi there,

Managed to get a few shots of the #5 RPM Viper as it sat rather sorrowfully in the pits on Saturday.

Must have been a huge impact as the roof has detached from the top of the windscreen.

Regards

Tim
Old 8 Apr 2007, 22:32 (Ref:1886811)   #46
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ok folks here's some of my modest efforts at video camera work from yesterday's race. I have plenty other clips some of which I might put up at a later date, but for now I thought I'd just put these few out there in "Cyberspace".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQOPASl6gjY <-- Car's come back around after first full lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIUXSEHIFs <-- View down pit straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dwc7gH7ffQ <-- From the bridge down into lodge corner.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1887331)   #47
JAG
Veteran

England
Just got back, big crowd, good GT race, underwhelming support package, and DSC jinxing the 'weather gods'.

Amazed how quiet the Aston is when coming towards you, thankfully it sounds great when driving away.

Are there any firm regs for GT3, the 430 looks and goes like a GT2 car, yet the Viper is heavy and cumbersome, seems a little unfair.

Hopefully we'll see a Jaguar soon and Prodrive turn up the volume of the DBRS9 to match the Ascari and Viper.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1887375)   #48
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if the drivers in the Ginetta crash this morning were ok? Thanks.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1887454)   #49
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Just got back, big crowd, good GT race, underwhelming support package, and DSC jinxing the 'weather gods'.
You should've gone Saturday instead!

Beautiful sunshine, plenty of room to spectate, Caterhams, no Formula Bored and only £10!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1887474)   #50
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
You should've gone Saturday instead!

Beautiful sunshine, plenty of room to spectate, Caterhams, no Formula Bored and only £10!
saturday was a damn site better, much nicer weather, the racing was better principally because the track was dry, also the F3's didnt crash at every available opportunity either.

only disappointing thing was how quiet the BGT cars were, the aston sounded very nice but i couldnt get the amazing sound of the DBR9 out of my mind which dampened the effect of the DBRS9.

but the ascari and morgan aero 8, they sounded amazing now give them straight exhaust pipes and ill be one happy bunny.