Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 May 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2461389)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Triple F

Since its now Triple F's REC.. it deserves its own thread...

Interesting to read in AA, that Mr Fiore shall drive "I for Indian" as of Symmons Plains... an upgrade from "H for Hercules" which until called into service by TKR, was enjoying life as a very expensive show car.

The story also suggests the now #12 chassis will be white on the outside, with new backers in Tasmania.

The curious part is... I understood that Gawler Farm Machinery owned the "I for Indian" chassis...? Seems odd its at Triple F now.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 May 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2461481)   #2
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is Mr Rosenberg running anyone this year?
Old 13 May 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2461491)   #3
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Since its now Triple F's REC.. it deserves its own thread...

Interesting to read in AA, that Mr Fiore shall drive "I for Indian" as of Symmons Plains... an upgrade from "H for Hercules" which until called into service by TKR, was enjoying life as a very expensive show car.

The story also suggests the now #12 chassis will be white on the outside, with new backers in Tasmania.

The curious part is... I understood that Gawler Farm Machinery owned the "I for Indian" chassis...? Seems odd its at Triple F now.
Agree GTRM TFs new start definately deserves recognition.

Different as black and white...
Any idea what has happened to the H for Herc. car?
Old 13 May 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2461595)   #4
Noonz1
Rookie

Noonz1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gents .... Ingall has been driving Kulwicki .. Slade in Janson .... Indian was left spare until now being brought into action for Fiore in Tassie.
Old 14 May 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2462360)   #5
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understood James Rosenberg owns Janson. After Slade crashed at Hamilton ( I think), he swapped to Indian while Janson was repaired. Fiore was driving Hercules but will now step up to Indian. Hercules, presumably, will be the spare. Which, given Slade's form so far, may be required again in the near future...
From all of this, I also assume Triple F are on a lease deal with PMM.
Old 16 May 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2463708)   #6
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Triple F racing could borrow this from NASCAR Small Sponsor
Old 21 May 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2466122)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The website seems to be a "coming soon" Here from a group that had a sticker on the otherwise bare car at Winton
Old 3 Jun 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2475024)   #8
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete60, I was under the same impression as you, Slade ran Indian at Winton and now it is Fiores, as far as I'm aware Triple F is on a Lease with PMM, the car is stored and maintained at the PMM Facility and was included in the PMM Enduro driver line up.

Hopefully there will be a sponsor on the car for Darwin.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2495488)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A unique approach...
Old 3 Jul 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2495646)   #10
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a big improvement over the TKR offering really.

Australian owned, about a grand will get you involved, car will run in a similar position........how does all this stack up with the REC as wouldn't promises have been made to get the sale to go through??

It all seems a little odd to have been approved without appropriate funding being in place to run.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2495653)   #11
kowalski the lone driver
Rookie

Australia
brisbane
kowalski the lone driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fed up with being turned away from companies that could not provide sponsorship because of the financial crisis, Triple F Racing has created its own GFC – the Go Fiore Club.
why should companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on sponshorship when the coverage this car gets is next to nothing. it is probably far more cost effective of a business (and better return on investment) to advertise on radio or even a nrl team ! just because you turn up in a v8 supercar one day doesn't suddenly mean your entitled to huge sponsor dollars. they should have had funding organised before starting out, especially in this financial climate. $1200 for your name on the side skirt of th car i'd rather spend it on my mustang that i can go out and drive and enjoy.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2495711)   #12
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski the lone driver View Post
why should companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on sponshorship when the coverage this car gets is next to nothing. it is probably far more cost effective of a business (and better return on investment) to advertise on radio or even a nrl team ! just because you turn up in a v8 supercar one day doesn't suddenly mean your entitled to huge sponsor dollars. they should have had funding organised before starting out, especially in this financial climate. $1200 for your name on the side skirt of th car i'd rather spend it on my mustang that i can go out and drive and enjoy.

I can only assume you're not involved in sponsorship on any level based on your belief that only those at the front and on tv can justify a claim/need/want of big sponsorship dollars.

Give yourself a little challenge and tell me who sponsors the bottom 4 teams in NRL (Raiders, Sharks, Tigers, Roosters) - oh, of course I ask you do this without checking their websites etc.

They are the bottom 4 but still attract some level of sponsorship, and I would suggest it's more to do with the benefits attached on the back end of the involvement rather than it purely being a results or exposure driven agreement.

In fact, even as a fan of NRL, I can't sit here and the 4 sponsors of the TOP 4 teams in their competition.

As for radio, that is advertising, and while often tied in together with a sponsorship program, the sponsorship and advertising budgets are two separate budgets in most organisations.

While they don't appear to have a naming rights sponsor currently, I'd guess that their funding must be sorted regardless as there's been no claims or queries regarding any payments for products and services. When TKR allegedly didn't pay theirs it quickly became public knowledge. Seemingly not a problem with TripleF.

Enjoy your mustang.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2495777)   #13
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It did occur to me that the people who would be most likely the target market for coughing up the $1K plus to entitle them to "Club Membership" are probably not highly likely to have three sons racing all sorts of race cars over the country.

Bit like James Packer asking me to pay for his son's school fees if you ask me!
Old 4 Jul 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2495919)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
rdmdog, you are right.

Clearly, they don't need the money to go racing anyway.

The concept of the 1K or 1.2K club is not new, and has been utilised by a whole raft of drivers on both sides of the Tasman over the years.

What are the tax implications of running a "club" over a "commercial entity" and are there benefits to it in Australia?

How much effort would it take to get 1500 members at 1.2K each versus finding, say, 4 sponsors at $450K each?
Old 5 Jul 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2495929)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The website seems to be a "coming soon" Here from a group that had a sticker on the otherwise bare car at Winton
Team website is now up
Old 5 Jul 2009, 02:02 (Ref:2495941)   #16
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We waited all that time for that website? Doesnt really give off the feel of a top flight Australian Motorsport team
Old 5 Jul 2009, 02:43 (Ref:2495944)   #17
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
GTRM...Tidy site... TF looks good.

JDI...WTF?...EVERYONE needs money to go racing...
Tax implications...?...

GTiM...I Agree......Your last paragraph.
Tripple F have Nothing in common...with their RECs former holder.
The change of colour included.
It appears they also enjoy considerable support with their PMM Connections.
I wish them the best of luck, they are running the "show" tidily.

BG... Rookie start... not so bad is it?
Wanna have a look at the 10th yr TK? site and compare?
TF not too bad really ...Eh?
Old 5 Jul 2009, 06:04 (Ref:2495965)   #18
Biggy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion8head View Post

BG... Rookie start... not so bad is it?
Wanna have a look at the 10th yr TK? site and compare?
TF not too bad really ...Eh?
Compare it to the other "New to 2009" teams and compare

http://www.kellyracing.com.au/
http://www.bundabergredracing.com.au
http://www.wilsonsecurityracing.com.au/
Old 5 Jul 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2495979)   #19
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt call any of those "new" teams.

Wilson Security just a renamed PCR
Bundy Red is got massive resources behind them
Kelly Racing is just HSV rebranded (kinda) lol

Triple F is a brand spankinf new team with no sponsor as yet.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2496262)   #20
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
The lack of Fanfare leads me to believe they are busy getting... "Quietly Established". Dean indicated at the start, a steady approach was going to be the chosen coarse...Right on track IMO...
Old 5 Jul 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2496312)   #21
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Not sure what is going on but I have tried to look at the site and all I keep getting is the WangNET page saying that it is coming soon.......
Old 5 Jul 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2496318)   #22
Biggy G
Veteran

Me too, a quick test run over the weekend perhaps?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 04:51 (Ref:2496364)   #23
redesp
Racer

Australia
Melbourne Australia...
redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
rdmdog, you are right.

Clearly, they don't need the money to go racing anyway.

The concept of the 1K or 1.2K club is not new, and has been utilised by a whole raft of drivers on both sides of the Tasman over the years.

What are the tax implications of running a "club" over a "commercial entity" and are there benefits to it in Australia?

How much effort would it take to get 1500 members at 1.2K each versus finding, say, 4 sponsors at $450K each?
Didn't John Fawkner do something similar a few years ago?
$1200 is a relatively small amount for any small business OR individual who wants to get involved. I'd pull $1500 out of my back pocket for a spin around the track (I'd want at least 5 laps though).
Get 10-15 blokes at a track day and that'll easily get a cash injection into the team.

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)
Old 6 Jul 2009, 04:56 (Ref:2496365)   #24
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Here is the original that Dean sent out, the article on V8SA's site leaves some out the fact you also get two tickets to an event of your choice.

http://www.armageddondesigns.110mb.c...%20Racing.html