Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jul 2009, 02:04 (Ref:2501287)   #51
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bright I never really understood why he wanted to complicate his life with his own team and all it did was make a big mess for him. I think if he can get a good car sorted he can come back.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2501338)   #52
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Well I am entitled to my opinion on a public forum after all...

I know I wont change people's minds, those of you who have made them up, nor will you change mine.

But I seriously think Brighty is done - he's made a go of his own operation and looks as if he is coming out the other end a very tired and 'over it' operator, and I can't blame him for that. His only saving grace will be if he somehow gets his arse into a 888 prep'd car in 2010 (unlikely) - if he can't, there is really no point making up the numbers, as I think he is there to win, nothing less - and unless he's in the best equip', he ain't gonna win anything anymore - he's done. I'll happily eat my words if ever proven otherwise.

A Davison - If the Stones are patient and give him at least 3-years, by the 3rd you may see something. But C'mon guys - rare rays of hope are not enough to keep a ride. A Davison is more like a Canto, Ritter, Besnard etc. Right up there as a 1st pick come enduro time, but doesn't have the goods to be a full timer.

Dumbrell - it's good fun to have a good ol' Dumbrell bash - and me and everyone else can understand why... In a lot of ways he is emabarssing to watch, but so was one J Whincup once (2002 if I'm not mistaken). I think Dumbers would benifit from a reality check like the one Whinners got. He should be told his daddy's money isn't gonna keep him in a seat and actually get shafted for a while. This of course would never actually happen, but if it did, I think you would see a new P Dumbrell if was able to get himself back into the championship under his own steam, as Whincup did. He's got the pace, he's got the race craft, he belongs in the championship guys, he does - it's not as if he's a Forbes or Thexton or a Patrizi. He just needs to focus - he needs to drive for his life.
Fair call SJA your intitled to your own opinion.

But Dumbrell, come on. Both Whincup and Davison had one season in crap cars when they were sacked. Whincup returned a season later and proved he was worthy of a drive at Tasman. Davison is halfway through is return season so the jury is still out.

Dumbrell however has been driving V8's for ten years. Full time he's had two years in the development series and seven years in the main game with 5 different teams. The last two years he's had equipment equal to HRT's.

How many more years does he need to mature and focus?

Having said that I guess he does deserve to be there cause he's got something most aspiring drivers don't, a sponsor and $$$$$$$$$$$'s.