Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 May 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3732651)   #26
simon5574
Rookie

simon5574 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry 1989. (was going by memory.... bad move)
https://youtu.be/CRIQfxUNtQE

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 10 May 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3732660)   #27
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would like to see BJR redo their double win but bad luck has been on them this season. Dare say but I think it'll be Triple Eight and DJR-Penske.
Old 11 May 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3732764)   #28
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people bag Winton and they would be the ones who have never been there, it has a similar atmosphere to Bathurst, not quite as good but nearly.

Winton continually throws up unusual results and that is very good for the series.
Old 11 May 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3732796)   #29
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Winton too. Good to spectate from and good for a curly result.

Not this time but. DJRTP 1st and daylight 2nd. Might see a non DJRTP, 888, PRA car take a minor placing, but that's it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3732815)   #30
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Cough...........didn't you say this last round ??? or did you get the events mixed up
True I did Lol but bjr are a good chance they decimated the field at Winton last season and in all seriousness I feel like Nissan is getting closer to a win if not Winton I'm expecting soon also interested in how the wildcards will go
Old 11 May 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3732830)   #31
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I like Winton too. Good to spectate from and good for a curly result.

Not this time but. DJRTP 1st and daylight 2nd. Might see a non DJRTP, 888, PRA car take a minor placing, but that's it.
I agree with you about the circuit from a spectators point of view.
As for DJRTP, I guess we will find out how they are getting their performance - whether their power is dominant, whether set-up/handling is dominant, or if they are just all-round good. I'm hoping some of the teams with a bit less power will be closer to the front at this fairly tight circuit.
Old 13 May 2017, 00:05 (Ref:3733095)   #32
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR don't have a more powerful engine than the rest, it's all to do with how they set the aero and geometries, and because of that I still can't see them being beaten in Winton because they appear to have a very good understanding of the fundamentals of the car and how to make it perform in a variety of conditions.
Old 13 May 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3733100)   #33
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'd be interesting to compare the DJRTP cars to the PRA ones, particularly around the packaging of the underside of the car, and the way the aero is managed.

I've already noticed one or two little things...
Old 13 May 2017, 02:54 (Ref:3733112)   #34
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
DJR don't have a more powerful engine than the rest, it's all to do with how they set the aero and geometries, and because of that I still can't see them being beaten in Winton because they appear to have a very good understanding of the fundamentals of the car and how to make it perform in a variety of conditions.
I think it is a very slippery car and Winton by its nature is more point and squirt, so it has the potential to throw up a different result, but we'll see!
Old 13 May 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3733162)   #35
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
irrespective of previous outings, basically Winton is flat track racing,
Not a high speed circuit
re tune to the car for short sharp racing , make it wide where you can

DJRTP, RBHRT, BJR GRM, etc etc should already know from previous visits to this little place in Vic
Old 13 May 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3733204)   #36
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anything think then, that there's some correlation to street circuits here?
Old 13 May 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3733217)   #37
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Does anything think then, that there's some correlation to street circuits here?
Adelaide is so much faster. Winton and Calder for example are different animals IMO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 13 May 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3733294)   #38
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
irrespective of previous outings, basically Winton is flat track racing,
Not a high speed circuit
re tune to the car for short sharp racing , make it wide where you can

DJRTP, RBHRT, BJR GRM, etc etc should already know from previous visits to this little place in Vic
just a point of clarity, Winton has a longer racing surface than Darwin, Pukekohe, Symmons Plains, Barbagallo, Hidden Valley and only 100 metres shorter than Queensland Raceway
Old 14 May 2017, 01:06 (Ref:3733312)   #39
Mixer
Veteran

Darwin is Hidden Valley

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3733358)   #40
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Quote:
It'd be interesting to compare the DJRTP cars to the PRA ones, particularly around the packaging of the underside of the car, and the way the aero is managed.

I've already noticed one or two little things...
I take it the rules are free regarding how you duct air through and out of the radiators?

I recall, until recently, some of the F1 teams just let the air spill willy nilly through their sidepods and out the exits... until they all started to twig on gains to be had by reducing internal drag??

Surely the underside aero rules (as in not allowed) are pretty strict though? Are you suggesting DJRTP have arranged other components in such a way that they serve an aerodynamic purpose?
Old 14 May 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3733365)   #41
Umai Naa
Veteran

Location of transaxle coolers, exhaust design, and so on, can have an effect on underbody aero. Teams are free to place them wherever, so there are potential gains to be had.

DJRTP also seems to have additional bracing in their bonnets across the hump, that PRA does not. Suggesting that there might have been a flexing issue with the bonnet itself, that may be disturbing the aero.
Old 14 May 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3733366)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Are you suggesting DJRTP have arranged other components in such a way that they serve an aerodynamic purpose?
Every single external facing component on a Supercar has an aerodynamic purpose.

Gibson Motorsport way back when built those diffuser boxes for the fuel tanks back in the day, or crafted their oil cooler solutions to send air where they wanted it to go.

Mr Lacroix was the master at this... anyone remember the Xbox car being a rocket in a straight line at Bathurst... with the same engine that was in #888 earlier in that season... aero holes closed up, cambers and castors closed in... big work.. successful work...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 May 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3733367)   #43
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Gibson Motorsport way back when built those diffuser boxes for the fuel tanks back in the day,
I remember the 1999 Wynns VT's were the only cars to run rear exiting exhausts.
Was this related? Or was this Group A stuff?

Old 14 May 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3733374)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

They worked well, until the car got a hit in the rear, and crinkled the pipes.
Old 14 May 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3733377)   #45
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
They worked well, until the car got a hit in the rear, and crinkled the pipes.
I remember seeing them in parc ferme in 99 after the Sandown sprint round. Looked and sounded a bit special after a few boot roots.

Old 14 May 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3733488)   #46
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Darwin is Hidden Valley
sorry about that - didn't see the double up
Old 14 May 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3733490)   #47
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
The direction of the exhaust pipes is generally dictated by where the track records noise - the teams will point the exhaust to the opposite side of where at the track the noise is recorded
Old 15 May 2017, 03:08 (Ref:3733552)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hazelwood & Jones To Codriver Session
Old 15 May 2017, 03:22 (Ref:3733556)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 15 May 2017, 04:01 (Ref:3733559)   #50
Mixer
Veteran

See those two and Matt Campbell I am very excited to see racing VASC.

I suspect Matt Campbell may end up doing bigger things but there's is enough talent there to have a serious career in VASC, if not be one of the greats.