Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3816380)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VIRGIN AUSTRALIA SUPERCARS Motorsport tv

Does anyone know what has happened to the Motorsport tv coverage of the races? The Tasmania round is advertised on their schedule but has been replaced with formula scalextrix or bike racing and the Philip Island round isn't scheduled at all.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3816455)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Does anyone know what has happened to the Motorsport tv coverage of the races? The Tasmania round is advertised on their schedule but has been replaced with formula scalextrix or bike racing and the Philip Island round isn't scheduled at all.
There was a ticker running during last Saturday nights scheduled coverage where bike racing was on in place.

Ticker said it will be resched for a later date.

All the other programmed slots that i set to sky+ since then have also ended up recording replacements, although the channel has started to actually list what was recorded instead!

I haven't checked yet but as of last night the Tasmania rounds were down for this coming Saturday night? That can't be the only coverage.

This has happened before. Member scotbrutesfan was able to dig up some reasons.
Old 22 Apr 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3816884)   #3
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys. This may have been answered but has anybody have any idea what happened to the tv coverage of the V8SC championship here in the UK? It was on the Motorsport.tv channel but seems to have vanished. I attempted to record the previous round of the series from Tasmania which was advertised on the sky TV guide. I got everything but the V8s. This is so annoying. I really enjoyed the coverage when it was on BT Sports here in the UK, but when BT lost the V8s the coverage has become a joke.

Just discovered there is a thread on this issue

Last edited by pole2pole; 22 Apr 2018 at 11:06.
Old 22 Apr 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3816885)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole View Post
Hi guys. This may have been answered but has anybody have any idea what happened to the tv coverage of the V8SC championship here in the UK? It was on the Motorsport.tv channel but seems to have vanished. I attempted to record the previous round of the series from Tasmania which was advertised on the sky TV guide. I got everything but the V8s. This is so annoying. I really enjoyed the coverage when it was on BT Sports here in the UK, but when BT lost the V8s the coverage has become a joke.
Dont kno the answer to your question however

Superview
Old 22 Apr 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3816887)   #5
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Dont kno the answer to your question however

Superview
Brilliant mate i will be looking into this. Cheers.
Old 23 Apr 2018, 04:28 (Ref:3816962)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Still nothing.

Very strange.....
Old 23 Apr 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3816977)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmm.. very annoying. Quite a lot of people complaining on Motorsport tv twitter but as yet there is no response
Old 24 Apr 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3817188)   #8
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Lots of people asking the same question on Facebook but still no answers, I can only assume that Motorsport tv uk has lost the broadcasting. Very sad, keen as I am I won't be paying a subscription channel if that's the case.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3817199)   #9
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not posted in here for an age but I too have been frustrated at the lack of coverage. I have however spotted it listed on Freesports on Thursday at 8pm. I'm on Sky which is channel 424. I think you can also get Freesports on BT, Talk Talk, Free Sat, Free View and possible some others. Its down as Round 3 which I assume is Tasmania. World Rally Cross has migrated to Freesports so wondering if Supercars has as well. That said last I looked Phillip Island was listed on Motors for Saturday night, although that was a few days ago.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3817206)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe the problem could lie within the possibility that the Motorsports agreement to broadcast V8's (VASC) is perhaps not with Supercars themselves but rather with Channel TEN. I dont believe the Motorsports TV agreement is with VASC directly, or with Foxtel but with the TEN Network. Motorsports TV in that case would only have access to TEN live broadcasts.

Now it is no secret that CH TEN is in financial merde and as such here in Australia it recently announced a package of reduced V8 Live content.... certainly not every round and a maximum IIRC of 6 rounds only. One of those was Clipsal, and the AGP meeting might have been covered under their (TEN's) GP separate agreement. For other events not selected for live coverage they broadcast highlights on a delayed basis. A bit similar to F1 FTA coverage in the UK.

That is my belief. I myself watch the live coverage as part of my Foxtel Sport package so I have not followed what CH TEN actually broadcast. Im sure others on the board will have more factual information regarding the TEN coverage. VASC here in Aus only show all events live via Foxtel.

I am just offering my thought as a potential reason for the reduction or loss of live coverage via Motorsport TV.

Taken from the TEN Website:
Quote:
Network Ten will broadcast live coverage throughout the year including the Adelaide 500, Watpac Townsville 400, Sandown 500, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, Vodafone Gold Coast 600 and the Coates Hire Newcastle 500.

In addition, comprehensive highlights programs of all other Supercars rounds will broadcast across TEN and ONE.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3817220)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Thanks E. B. for the background information, I do seem to remember a similar situation occurring here a couple of years ago when the relay broadcasting that Motorsport tv uk had scheduled went completely haywire but for the life of me I can't remember the reasons given at the time or for that matter how it was resolved.
Hopefully it's only a temporary glitch although the lack of response to questions asked on their FB page would seem to indicate that there is a major problem.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3817221)   #12
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, don't know if it is any use to anyone but you can also watch Supercars live and on catch up for 5 USD (£3.50-ish)per month on motor trend on demand. They have full races going back several seasons on there.

There is also loads of original content (Roadkill, Dirt Every Day, Engine Masters, Junkyard Gold, Roadkill Garage and more) as well as most of Discovery's motoring back catalogue and daily extras from Roadkill and Dirt Every Day on weekdays.

Brilliant value for money IMO.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3817225)   #13
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Thanks ep16.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 02:15 (Ref:3817263)   #14
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 10 has only shown highlights for most of the rounds since 2015 (?), it was part of the deal that Supercars made with Foxtel.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3817745)   #15
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Tasmania round 3 scheduled for 18:30 Saturday and Phillip Island round 4 at 20:30. We wait with baited breath!
Old 27 Apr 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3817763)   #16
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if you saw my last post but Phillip Island was on Free Sports last night at 8pm. Don't know if there are anymore repeats scheduled though. Will be interesting to see if they are covering it every race now going forward. Also be interesting to see if Motors actually show the coverage this time.

I think Free Sports is available across most providers and also think I'm right in saying its free to air. Sky is channel 424. Showed the full Daytona 500 earlier in the year and World Rally Cross coverage is now on there.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3817790)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Not sure if you saw my last post but Phillip Island was on Free Sports last night at 8pm. Don't know if there are anymore repeats scheduled though. Will be interesting to see if they are covering it every race now going forward. Also be interesting to see if Motors actually show the coverage this time.

I think Free Sports is available across most providers and also think I'm right in saying its free to air. Sky is channel 424. Showed the full Daytona 500 earlier in the year and World Rally Cross coverage is now on there.
Yes I did spot that, unfortunately I have Virgin cable who for some strange reason do not list Free Sports.