Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 Jul 2002, 15:02 (Ref:335779)   #1
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
German CART race cancelled.

No doubt those were the terms that TG wanted so that he could purchase the track. It's obvious that he will cos he said he wasn't.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 14:01 (Ref:336518)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track went bankrupt and couldn't afford to stage the Cart race anymore. It doesn't have anything to do with TG or the IRL. Cart is already looking for another European venue to stage a Cart race. It probably won't be until next year though.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 19 Jul 2002, 10:34 (Ref:337221)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
cart should go to monaco.... f&*% f1 and the schumi show
Old 1 Aug 2002, 11:03 (Ref:347771)   #4
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CART should go to Spa-Franchorchamps, Brands Hatch or Donington - now -that- would be interesting.
Old 1 Aug 2002, 17:55 (Ref:348000)   #5
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rustyfan
CART should go to Spa-Franchorchamps, Brands Hatch or Donington - now -that- would be interesting.
According to today's Autosport "Champ cars would have returned to Brands Hatch after an absence of 24 years had an ambitious plan by CART succeeded. Sources in Britain and America revealed that series boss Chris Pook looked at replacing the now cancelled EuroSpeedway lausitz race with an event at the former home of the British Grand Prix, which ran a Champ Car race in 1978. A lack of an international track licence was one stumbling block to the plan."
Old 1 Aug 2002, 18:03 (Ref:348011)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Scillitoe

According to today's Autosport "Champ cars would have returned to Brands Hatch after an absence of 24 years had an ambitious plan by CART succeeded. Sources in Britain and America revealed that series boss Chris Pook looked at replacing the now cancelled EuroSpeedway lausitz race with an event at the former home of the British Grand Prix, which ran a Champ Car race in 1978. A lack of an international track licence was one stumbling block to the plan."
Dangit - that would've been awesome... ARGH
Old 1 Aug 2002, 22:30 (Ref:348200)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that track seems to be cursed - with the death of Alboreto and Zanardi's horrendous accident - I'm glad it's off the calendar.
Old 1 Aug 2002, 22:33 (Ref:348202)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Don't forget the marshal who got hit - and killed - during a touring car race...
Old 2 Aug 2002, 02:17 (Ref:348301)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think I will move this to the Cart forum.
Old 2 Aug 2002, 07:53 (Ref:348378)   #10
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, Rustyfan.