Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 20 Jun 2001, 17:56 (Ref:107491)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Differences between...

..the Forum Administrators, Moderators and Forum Hosts? What responsibilities do they have and what does each have to do every day/week?
Old 21 Jun 2001, 06:01 (Ref:107717)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Differences between...

Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
..the Forum Administrators, Moderators ..and Forum Hosts?
I'm a moderator (or forum host) and its my job along with Tim D in Historics and David Patterson in the Racer's Forum, to keep the forums tidy and free from unregulated actions, like taking "pops" at other posters. I can edit or remove unwelcome posts in my forums.

I am also charged with keeping the forums busy so sometimes I have to start a few threads for others to make comments.

You may also notice I like to have a bit of fun with people.

Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
What responsibilities do they have and what does each have to do every day/week?
As to responsibilities? I've got a mortgage and a day job to hold down.
Old 23 Jun 2001, 00:47 (Ref:108461)   #3
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
touringlegend, Peter already explained about the forum hosts but here are the official descriptions concerning staff members.

Our forums are administered by a team of forum hosts and administrators who have been choosen for their people skills, as well as their location around the world. We aim to always have at least one member of staff on the forums - whatever the time of day.

Forum Hosts (or 'Race Officials' as they are known) control individual forums. They can edit, delete, or move any posts in their own forum, but their main aim is to encourage chat and debate in their given forum. If you have a question about a particular forum, you should direct it to the relevant forum host.

Super Moderators are a cross between a host and an administrator. We have promoted a number of 'forum hosts' to 'super moderators' in order to provide additional cover at times when a forum administrator may be unavailable. They are able to edit/delete/move any topic in any forum.

Administrators (or 'Clerk Of The Course') are responsible for the overall running of the entire forum network. They are specifically responsible for removing objectional posts, banning troublesome users, and generally ensuring things run smoothly.

It is not a matter of doing 'something' each day or week.
We all have families to take care for and jobs to maintain.
But we try to make a perfect mix out of our private lives and the wonderful community which is 10-Tenths.
Old 23 Jun 2001, 01:16 (Ref:108480)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Thanks for the description Gerard, but I have one more question - How do you explain AMoffat?
Old 23 Jun 2001, 01:19 (Ref:108482)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's always an unexplainable anomaly...

Old 23 Jun 2001, 05:26 (Ref:108513)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
...................- How do you explain AMoffat?
that's a very good point. How do you explain A Moffat?
Old 23 Jun 2001, 10:36 (Ref:108561)   #7
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you explain AMoffat?
You don't!
Because you can't.
You just have to except that.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 18:53 (Ref:110038)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMoffat is sort of the "heavy artillery" of 10-Tenths. We trot him out when all else fails.

Think of him as sort of an Australian Paul Tracy.
Old 27 Jun 2001, 04:43 (Ref:110185)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz: you know full well that there is no such thing as "an Australian Paul Tracy", he is very definately a one and only the world over
Old 27 Jun 2001, 07:08 (Ref:110196)   #10
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Umm

Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right..

looks at the precision instrument

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Old 27 Jun 2001, 07:53 (Ref:110202)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't it "Clowns to the left of me"?

Hey, I may be pedantic, but I know good music when I hear it.
Old 27 Jun 2001, 07:58 (Ref:110203)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks Dave,

I was sitting here trying to remember the lyrics.

Obviously in the position description for an Administrator having a good memory is not an essential requirement.

I'll now edit the orginal.
Old 27 Jun 2001, 21:03 (Ref:110451)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
thanks Dave,

I was sitting here trying to remember the lyrics.

Obviously in the position description for an Administrator having a good memory is not an essential requirement.

I'll now edit the orginal.
......................and I'm wondering what it is I should do.

Is it cool to fall asleep on the floor?
I don't think that I can take any more.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Here I am stuck in the middle with you..............
Old 1 Jul 2001, 15:09 (Ref:111775)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, Moffat, I thinks its "Clows to the left of me."