Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2004, 23:56 (Ref:900226)   #26
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I reckon if McLaren don't show more promise in the next few races theres going to be some wheeling and dealing done to put JPM back in the Williams,after all he's hardly going to want to go join a midfeild running team if he has WDC aspirations.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:12 (Ref:900252)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren have had one bad race - that does not mean they will be a "midfield running team" next year.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:12 (Ref:900253)   #28
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I love this sort of thread!! Here we are, one full race into the season and already the Mac has been written off, Michael is retiring, Kimi is off to Willies' and on and on!

No point now to watching the rest of the season. After all, last season when the Williams sucked early on many words were written here about how Sir Frank & company were going down the tubes. Then wouldn't you know it, the car began to improve and both drivers went on to win races and compete for the WCC and were in the running for the WDC.

Do think Ron and Company might have further development in mind? It seemed to work for Williams...

Last edited by JohnSSC; 10 Mar 2004 at 00:12.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:23 (Ref:900267)   #29
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I was under the impression that Raikkonen had signed for McLaren in 2005.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:39 (Ref:900278)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He has.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:52 (Ref:900291)   #31
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes raikkonen has signed.I don't know why some sites are still theorizing about how couldnthard can stay on the team....actually yes i do-it's because DC lovers live in a dream world-allways have.

Or should that be called a nightmare world,ROTFL
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:53 (Ref:900292)   #32
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course no-one knows where McLaren will be in a few races time. No-one is writing anyone off. It is just a discussion of interesting possibilities. If it doesn't interest you, then it doesn't. Jaysus.
And I can't see any McLaren-bashing in saying that the team is currently in trouble.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:24 (Ref:900310)   #33
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll take the opposite position. DC actually NEEDS to leave McClaren. Unless he's gonna be RD's replacement, (now THERE's a theory) he needs to get experience outside a single team. He's still young; still quick when the team works in his behalf. A hard working,intelligent, well spoken guy with a work ethic many managers would kill to have. Watch him take a years or so at Toyota or Jag, then into a leadership position (team principal ?).
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:26 (Ref:900312)   #34
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Opps ! McLaren, not McClaren.
No more beers tonight.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:22 (Ref:900695)   #35
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
I reckon if McLaren don't show more promise in the next few races theres going to be some wheeling and dealing done to put JPM back in the Williams,after all he's hardly going to want to go join a midfeild running team if he has WDC aspirations.
At least he'd be getting the money he wants.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:55 (Ref:900720)   #36
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see DC join Jag next year especially if Webber does leave they'll need at least one strong experienced driver to keep the momentum they are slowly building up going. I'd imagine he would have to take a pay cut to join them tho he may be able to get more $$$ at Toyota then Jag.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 14:15 (Ref:900888)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
I was under the impression that Raikkonen had signed for McLaren in 2005.
I don't remember that... I would like a link for that statement.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 07:55 (Ref:901661)   #38
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Me too!!!!

Tags
jpm