Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give Formula 1's 1000th race?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 3 8.33%
6 5 13.89%
5 5 13.89%
4 9 25.00%
3 8 22.22%
2 3 8.33%
1 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Apr 2019, 06:04 (Ref:3897351)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Chinese Grand Prix 2019

What score do you give Formula 1's 1000th race?
Old 14 Apr 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3897381)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1000th race or not, that was pretty dull. There were some standout moments but they were few and far between, like Vettel's overtake of Verstappen and Mercedes' double stack pitstop.

Considering the occasion 4.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3897382)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 14 Apr 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3897383)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was gripped as usual, but on reflection it wasn't a great race. 7.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3897388)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A generous 4.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3897406)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Struggled to give it 2.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3897411)   #7
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4.Hamilton leading into Turn 1 always gives me the feeling that great excitement might not be happening today.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3897420)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not a good race was expecting loads of overtaking from all the preamble but rather dull so generous 4
Old 14 Apr 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3897450)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My generous 4 included a bonus point for two unrelated spins in the dry on the warm up lap. Whetted my appetite. Unfortunately the race did not match up to the pre race antics.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3897456)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A rather generous 5 (but then I only watched the highlights - and where did 13 of the last 16 laps go.....?) Ferrari stuffing Leclerc's race was a particular disappointment.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3897459)   #11
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
5 plus a bit..as a few scored. I watched the rerun at 11am as we run a B&B in France and were full for breakfast early morning.. Sky F1 tried to hype it up, make it interesting to no avail after lap 40.
I still say watch Leclerc...Vettel does not like getting grief from a youngster and that Ferrari needs to get quicker...
I can see Leclerc giving Vettel right grief, and Ferrari realising Vettel is not the "main man" anymore.. What a disaster for them today with team orders...
Old 14 Apr 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3897490)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very dull and sleepy 4.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3897495)   #13
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 3. It doesn't bode well for the next 1000 races.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3897508)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
500th best F1 race.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 02:37 (Ref:3897553)   #15
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3. After two weeks of patiently waiting and dealing with the hype I found myself loading my snowmachine on the truck during the race and coming back in to see what was going on. Nothing was going on so I left for the day to go riding. Sad race.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3897597)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seeing Ferrari throw away points with their "Did it for the team" team orders raised it from a 6 to a 7.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3897598)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I'm slightly surprised to see such low scores actually. It was reasonable. Vettel going toe to toe with Verstappen was a highlight.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3897675)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
3 - after the first lap it all went a bit quiet. There were battles in the midfield but the directors seemed to avoid showing a lot of that. All in all not a great watch (and that's just the Channel 4 highlights - I didn't have to put up with the entire race).
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3897701)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm slightly surprised to see such low scores actually. It was reasonable. Vettel going toe to toe with Verstappen was a highlight.
A pity that battle didn't last a bit longer. Apart from that, there was the Mercedes double pitstop.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3897718)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I didn’t expect much. We got a sign of things to come with the Mercedes
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3897723)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
impressive that they executed the double without losing much time but it also meant that there would be no undercut opportunity for Bottas which i took as team orders/LH for the title.

not a bad bet and probably the best one for the team...while i dont have an issue with team orders (they are completely understandable), they have a tendency to make races a bit boring.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3897727)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well I didn’t expect much. We got a sign of things to come with the Mercedes
More like the sign of things to continue...
Old 16 Apr 2019, 01:42 (Ref:3897828)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They are definitely starting as they mean to continue
Old 16 Apr 2019, 05:10 (Ref:3897860)   #24
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With all the hype I expected more.
Oh well, 6.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3898305)   #25
ggreen29
Racer

ggreen29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Croft said tire management on lap 25 I figured it would’ve been more interesting to watch a rerun of any of the races from the 60s.