Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3943651)   #5851
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mmm, after seeing this, I’ve just bought a lotto ticket. What a history....

https://henderson-fellowes.com/1974-...arrera-3-0-rs/
Old 29 Nov 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3943668)   #5852
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont tell me about… On the long term, Raymond and I have been competitors, ennemies, mates and close blokes! His team was X Racing if I remember well and his engine builder was Marcel Balsa's mechanic.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3943683)   #5853
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Is there a price tag
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3943685)   #5854
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you need to ask the price, you can't afford it.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3943686)   #5855
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Is there a price tag
I would think this is one of those 'if you have to ask the price then you probably can't afford it' type answers Iain.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:11 (Ref:3943687)   #5856
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there an echo in here?
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3943695)   #5857
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
What a history that RS has. I’ve bought two lotto tickets.......
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3943707)   #5858
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Is there an echo in here?
Sorry Peter, you must have out-braked me into the forum and got your answer in first!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3943710)   #5859
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Something a little more affordable .... or is it?

Harry's Garage video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzOYsxOi1Cw

Pug 205 GTi. 1.9

One owner.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3943713)   #5860
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is a brilliant game from the MWM page

https://youtu.be/nlw9OKbd0Hs

Name that Vroom!

Listen on decent quality speakers, it's much better than a phone. The answers haven't been published yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Nov 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3943715)   #5861
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Something a little more affordable .... or is it?

Harry's Garage video. Pug 205 GTi 1.9. One owner.
Nice, I had a red one..... Don’t think it would get an entry for Le Mans Classic, though!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3943717)   #5862
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Recon first one is from Rendevous . That’s a V12 Ferrari . Could be addictive
Old 29 Nov 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3943718)   #5863
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Recon first one is from Rendevous . That’s a V12 Ferrari . Could be addictive
We've been given a clue. It's post-1990

Old 29 Nov 2019, 18:04 (Ref:3943721)   #5864
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What a history that RS has. I’ve bought two lotto tickets.......

Some history indeed - how many resprays must it have had?
Old 29 Nov 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3943726)   #5865
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
This is a brilliant game from the MWM page

https://youtu.be/nlw9OKbd0Hs

Name that Vroom!

Listen on decent quality speakers, it's much better than a phone. The answers haven't been published yet.

For some reason they nearly all sound familiar.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3943737)   #5866
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Price tag for the RS? Didn't see any. It can be anything, I've been told that a sister car to my '73 RS 2.7 made around 1M in the US few years ago. When you see how much it costs to build a new one almost perfect, not worth in my opinion. Plus you dare to use a replica. With added strength to the chassis…
Old 29 Nov 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3943741)   #5867
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There was a feature on The Gadget Show tonight about the Mercedes F1 ‘E’ Sports team. I must have been living under a stone, as had no idea the ‘sport’ was so big! £500k championship prize money, and 3 employed ‘drivers’ training every day at the Merc F1 factory......

Wow!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3943745)   #5868
midgetman
Veteran

Yes you have been away from the pulse. One of my mechanics earns about £300 per month online racing, another is a steward at the FIA approved world championship with a £250k prize. Nice work!

Old 29 Nov 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3943753)   #5869
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There was a feature on The Gadget Show tonight about the Mercedes F1 ‘E’ Sports team. I must have been living under a stone, as had no idea the ‘sport’ was so big! £500k championship prize money, and 3 employed ‘drivers’ training every day at the Merc F1 factory......

Wow!
Pretty incredible. Really picked up last couple of years. Commentary teams, finals,even had Hamilton at the Gran Turismo Finals.

Only thing I've ever done of note on a game was being 12 in the world around Silverstone GP .
Old 29 Nov 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3943760)   #5870
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just another quick one I saw on Instagram which is JDR are planning to run a couple of Late 90s Nissan Primera STCC cars.

Might start a thread on announcments with regards to cars,entry lists maybe.
Old 30 Nov 2019, 05:40 (Ref:3943810)   #5871
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That’s disappointing to hear. You’d think they would welcome them!

As we all guessed would happen, the scrapping of paper tax discs has resulted in an increase in the amount of untaxed cars on UK roads. It’s actually TRIPLED, with a loss of £94.1 million in the last year to the treasury! But scrapping paper discs was projected to save the government £10 million per year.....
Nice of the government to share the savings with forgetful motorists though.
As if that wasn't going to happen, not very far sighted are they. 🤣
Old 1 Dec 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3944084)   #5872
midgetman
Veteran

I'll just stick this link here. Let others who know more about this subject than me comment sagely:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...box=1574783851

I can't say anything, I'm too busy laughing.

Old 1 Dec 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3944085)   #5873
Willmaz223
Veteran

Was trying to figure how to post a pic and did so at last. Not much of a surpise what I'm about to show .

All credit to the person who took these. Top job. Just wish it would show up just a little smaller.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 1 Dec 2019 at 19:06.
Old 1 Dec 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3944095)   #5874
midgetman
Veteran

There I was quietly watching C4's Abu Dhabi GP rerun. Pop outside for a few seconds, came back in to shrieks and screams from the TV as MrsMM took it over to watch that dancing programme.

Never get married Will, you end up watching over-hyped tripe instead of major international sporting events. *Sigh*

Or am I just proving I'm getting old?

Old 1 Dec 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3944099)   #5875
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sorry Max but would much rather watch that dancing program than G P. Been at FJ AGM and awards . Surprised to find out I am the 2019!Class A Champion . This class is for Italian cars . Happy days .Duncan also gave me a framed photo of us both at Donington . We managed 100% finishing record this year . Well chuffed . I was not the only tenther there as Lars made the trip all the way from Sweden.
Closed Thread