Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Dec 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3944107)   #5876
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations bloke. Well done.
Old 1 Dec 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3944108)   #5877
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done Iain!

Actually you're right the F1 wasn't much cop but at least kit involved cars

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Dec 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3944123)   #5878
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well done Iain
Old 1 Dec 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3944133)   #5879
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Congratulations bloke. Well done.
Congrats to you as well Peter on your 70’s Starsky and Hutch moustache. Hope you raised lots of money .
Old 1 Dec 2019, 23:30 (Ref:3944140)   #5880
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
There I was quietly watching C4's Abu Dhabi GP rerun. Pop outside for a few seconds, came back in to shrieks and screams from the TV as MrsMM took it over to watch that dancing programme.

Never get married Will, you end up watching over-hyped tripe instead of major international sporting events. *Sigh*

Or am I just proving I'm getting old?
I simply record it and wizz through the talk at the start and the adverts. As it's normally the highlights on C4 you can see it in no time at all ! Yes most of us have another half that wants to watch the dancing but "er indoors" put up with my motorsports on two & four wheels for almost 50 years. Going all over the place in all weathers so I don't mind
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Dec 2019, 23:34 (Ref:3944141)   #5881
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There I was quietly watching C4's Abu Dhabi GP rerun. Pop outside for a few seconds, came back in to shrieks and screams from the TV as MrsMM took it over to watch that dancing programme.

Never get married Will, you end up watching over-hyped tripe instead of major international sporting events. *Sigh*

Or am I just proving I'm getting old?

I don't bother F1 on C4. Youtube for me .

Notes taken

Maybe
Old 2 Dec 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3944240)   #5882
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I suggest you read the greatest relationship guidance book ever written:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-War-Sun...5288437&sr=8-1

Know your enemy, choose your battles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I simply record it and wizz through the talk at the start and the adverts. As it's normally the highlights on C4 you can see it in no time at all ! Yes most of us have another half that wants to watch the dancing but "er indoors" put up with my motorsports on two & four wheels for almost 50 years. Going all over the place in all weathers so I don't mind
The mrs can watch the dancing, when she's gone to bed I'll watch the F1 highlights (and wizz through the ads). Everyone's happy.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3944264)   #5883
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry Max but would much rather watch that dancing program than G P. Been at FJ AGM and awards . Surprised to find out I am the 2019!Class A Champion . This class is for Italian cars . Happy days .Duncan also gave me a framed photo of us both at Donington . We managed 100% finishing record this year . Well chuffed . I was not the only tenther there as Lars made the trip all the way from Sweden.
Yes, well done Iain. Look forward to seeing you again next year.

You can't escape the dancing progs here, either. There's a French version; there's even a French version of Britain's Got Talent.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3944265)   #5884
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I suggest you read the greatest relationship guidance book ever written:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-War-Sun...5288437&sr=8-1

Know your enemy, choose your battles

The mrs can watch the dancing, when she's gone to bed I'll watch the F1 highlights (and wizz through the ads). Everyone's happy.
I use similar tactics as when I try to watch anything only I'm interested in the family just want to talk loudly over it/to me so record it and wait until I have full access to the remote and the room to myself (which is usually early the following morning).
Old 2 Dec 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3944268)   #5885
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Congrats to you as well Peter on your 70’s Starsky and Hutch moustache. Hope you raised lots of money .
I thought they were both clean shaven- at least they are in the episodes I’ve seen on TV recently!
Old 2 Dec 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3944328)   #5886
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Very quiet, How was the Blackbush test.?
Old 2 Dec 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3944333)   #5887
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Slightly belated congrats, Iain, on your award

On the GP front - milady's not bothered about Strictly, but she'd been over to our friends to watch the live Sky coverage - unfortunately I was busy with some Alfa Club business so couldn't join them but thought the C4 coverage showed a reasobanle bit of racing - not for the lead of course - that never changed
Old 2 Dec 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3944342)   #5888
Willmaz223
Veteran

Just thought I'd post these two videos. Nice comparison in interior of two replicas ( how much are the originals ? ) and how they differ and appear to drive and of course the times and track lines itself and how the driver approaches each turn. The sound of the former is incredible compared to No. 2. Much louder on the outside aswell.

No 1-Onboard from 2018 Dix Mille Tours 60's Endurance Race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qGppKvuFhY&t=3s

No 2-Onboard from 2019 Le Castellet Motors Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2aiodtPsI
Old 2 Dec 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3944359)   #5889
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Mmm, I must be in a minority here. Most weekend I attend a motor racing event somewhere and return home to a cooked meal and everything recorded and ready to go, my partner of some 50+ years is not only very well trained but pretty conversant with most of the front running teams/drivers in a multitude of motor racing disciplines. She did give up accompanying me to live events some 20 years ago and uses my absentee time to catch up on the other dross.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3944407)   #5890
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Regarding recording things like F1, the only downside is that I daren't have the radio on at news time or go on the internet in case the results suddenly appear ! I know I could watch it on the laptop but it doesn't seem the same, also I refuse to have another television in another room.
I suppose I could fly to Spain or the UK depending on the dates but that does sound a bit OTT
Saying all this Sue likes watching F1 as well
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Dec 2019, 06:18 (Ref:3944448)   #5891
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Regarding recording things like F1, the only downside is that I daren't have the radio on at news time or go on the internet in case the results suddenly appear ! I know I could watch it on the laptop but it doesn't seem the same, also I refuse to have another television in another room.
The bane of my life, as I’m often away and not wanting to know the result, or at home and also waiting for highlights! Even driving through Italy once listening to the radio, they went live to a GP somewhere..... Sometimes email can catch you out, if you are on Autosport mailing list, for instance!

Jonny Walker is great- on his Sunday PM radio prog he was always warns just before the news if there has been a race on and it’s going to be mentioned.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3944453)   #5892
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never warmed to 2 litre Touring Cars, probably because I was brought up on these:

https://youtu.be/R7e21-Nj0E8

Old 3 Dec 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3944455)   #5893
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've never warmed to 2 litre Touring Cars, probably because I was brought up on these:

https://youtu.be/R7e21-Nj0E8

Those Volvo's were big old bricks weren't they? Mind you they were quick at the time too! (Nice to hear the voice of Neville Hay again as well!)
Old 3 Dec 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3944462)   #5894
midgetman
Veteran

Now we're deep into December, it is time for the big Christmas discussion....

What to call next year's "Lighter Side" thread?

At over 2000 posts more than 2018, this one has been epic We need an epic name for a new decade.

Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:04 (Ref:3944467)   #5895
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

At over 2000 posts more than 2018, this one has been epic We need an epic name for a new decade.

“Bauble’s font of new decade optimism”
Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3944468)   #5896
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
“Bauble’s font of new decade optimism”
Delta's Brexit Tea Break.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3944470)   #5897
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What about "The 2020 Delta Happy Days Tea Break"
Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3944471)   #5898
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sounds good. No offence to bauble but tradition demands this thread title refers to delta!
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3944474)   #5899
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sounds good. No offence to bauble but tradition demands this thread title refers to delta!
I have never sought high office, Mike! I am all for tradition, tho flattered by Andy's suggestion.

For all my fame and reputation I could never surpass our Iain.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0101.jpg  
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3944479)   #5900
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Being pedantic , the next decade actually starts in 2021.

But I think it needs the DELTA TEA BREAK in the name so everybody can find it easily
Closed Thread