Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3944494)   #5901
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ah, so we got around to this subject again. Been busy this week. Bicester Heritage yesterday and today. Brands tomorrow with Dr Bob Elite. Need to find solution to the misfire.. Flattered you should keep the name Delta going. 2007 was when I joined ten tenths, lying in a hospital in Verviers having broke my back at Spa I have made many special friends and the support and information gained from you all has been brilliant not to mention all the drives I have been offered,Unforgettable so thank you all very much
I still get people coming up to me in paddocks across the world saying "are you delta". Dr Bob for one at Phillip Island which has just been super for me.

Last edited by delta; 3 Dec 2019 at 11:06.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3944496)   #5902
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have never sought high office, Mike! I am all for tradition, tho flattered by Andy's suggestion.

For all my fame and reputation I could never surpass our Iain.
None of us could! That a great picture, and it could only be delta....
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3944510)   #5903
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Brands tomorrow with Dr Bob Elite. Need to find solution to the misfire..
I might fly over and give a few pointers, Brands is close to Gatwick
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3944511)   #5904
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No need. It'll be the coil.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3944514)   #5905
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
No need. It'll be the coil.
I'll bring one in my hand luggage (if I'm allowed)
On a serious note Iain, when does it "misfire"?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3944516)   #5906
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I dunno when and why it misfires but watching the lap times not a real handicap! May be the E clutch helps, who knows?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3944519)   #5907
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Being pedantic , the next decade actually starts in 2021.

But I think it needs the DELTA TEA BREAK in the name so everybody can find it easily
I wondered how long it would be, I chose my words deliberately...............................
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3944523)   #5908
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had the car on the rolling road after Silverstone Classic. I thought she was a bit down on power. Good session on the the rolling road and we ended up with good power out of the 1220 Climax 130 bhp. Off we go to Paul Richard but we before we go I fitted an extra fuel tank so we could run the two hours without stopping. The engine gets to around 5500 rpm and just does not want to pull anymore. We both drove around this problem short shifting but sure would be nice to get to the bottom of this before I rebuild the Elite this winter.Its open pit lane tomorrow so we have time to try some different set ups. Yes and I have packed a new coil.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3944532)   #5909
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Points and condenser mandatory in his category if I'm right?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3944537)   #5910
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We had the car on the rolling road after Silverstone Classic. I thought she was a bit down on power. Good session on the the rolling road and we ended up with good power out of the 1220 Climax 130 bhp. Off we go to Paul Richard but we before we go I fitted an extra fuel tank so we could run the two hours without stopping. The engine gets to around 5500 rpm and just does not want to pull anymore. We both drove around this problem short shifting but sure would be nice to get to the bottom of this before I rebuild the Elite this winter.Its open pit lane tomorrow so we have time to try some different set ups. Yes and I have packed a new coil.
If not the coil , try twin condensers .
Points spring weakened by heat , [or heel worn ].
Distributor shaft bearings allowing a bit movement can cause missfire at revs

Good luck with it , that sort of problem can be very difficult to find .
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3944538)   #5911
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Now we're deep into December, it is time for the big Christmas discussion....

What to call next year's "Lighter Side" thread?

At over 2000 posts more than 2018, this one has been epic We need an epic name for a new decade.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
How about 'Delta's Twentea-Twentea Break'?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3944542)   #5912
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post

Thats a good one .
Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3944552)   #5913
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Right so rolling road and all good.

Then fit new fuel capacity and end up with a misfire.

Hmm.

Fuel pump or plumbing limiting fuel flow somehow?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3944556)   #5914
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What about changing the revcounter? If this one doesn't want to read more than 5500, just bin it and Bob's your uncle you're fixed! See what?
By the way, are you using a MSD box?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3944568)   #5915
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
No MSD just good old points and condenser . Yes GP this is what I am thinking . Shame your not around Gordon .I think John is on a winner with his thread idea .
Old 3 Dec 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3944570)   #5916
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could be fuel surge.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3944572)   #5917
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Could be fuel surge.

Or a partial "vacuum" in the tanks - breather capacity problem or non-obvious flow conflict?

Does the system fuel from both tanks at the same time?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3944574)   #5918
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So many questions, so little time!

Note that I’m just leaving him to sort it out himself......
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3944576)   #5919
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Delta's Kit Kat Break.

Tea and biscuits with Delta.

Delta put the kettle on.

A Cuppa Rosy Lea With Delta.

Delta's PG Tips Moment.

Milk Two Sugars, Please, Delta.

Listen Delta, I'm, Not Washing Up The Tea Things Again.

Delta's Tea Pot Operation.

I'll get me coat.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3944583)   #5920
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it be feasible to remove the extra fuel tank or at least 'block it off' temporarily to try and return it to pre-problem days and see if the power 'returns'?

Suggestion from a mechanical dunce!
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3944586)   #5921
Tel 911S
Veteran

If it is holding back at a certain revs in each gear it is more likely to be electrical than a fuel problem .
Old 3 Dec 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3944592)   #5922
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks everyone. We are loaded up with lots of spares.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3944594)   #5923
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would pop down and say hello as only 20 mins away but my parents both working tomorrow unlike today.

Have fun
Old 3 Dec 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3944615)   #5924
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Delta croissants for tea break?
Delta tea break, croissants on the house!
Old 3 Dec 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3944618)   #5925
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Gets my vote so far.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk