Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Sep 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2537720)   #26
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, his father actually has some chemical factory, but may be refused to sponsor him in EU or didn't had so much money, so Felipe had to find sponsors himself along with his teambosses. He had some hospital as sponsor in FR and F3000
Old 3 Dec 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2593267)   #27
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
Perry McCarthy used to work on an oil rig to earn money for his racing career, too.
A few did at the time, Anthony Reid used to drive a taxi on Shetland or somesuch, mainly to cater for oil rig workers getting back from the pub!

Is Grosjean back in the world of FX and splits then?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2596540)   #28
slevin
Rookie

slevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone told Grosjean to stick to his day job
Old 9 Dec 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2596623)   #29
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I was shocked to see Marc Hynes spannering for somebody in the Donnington paddock a few years ago AFTER his F3 championship win. He was underneath a single seater in overalls !
more likely sleeping off a big night out if it was Marc.lol
Old 9 Dec 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2596657)   #30
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're probably right you know... he really did look the worst for wear, as if he'd had an all nighter of some sort ha ha ha
Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2596771)   #31
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think "Driver's Dad's jobs" would be a more interesting thread

Re: Marc Hynes - I'd feel like drinking lots if I won the British F3 championship then nobody paid me any attention. Even that season's (1999?) F3 season review VHS video spelt his name wrong (Hines) on the back cover! His must be the most damning example of how motor racing in the UK is most definately NOT a meritocracy. He was a brilliant single seater racer. Better than Jenson.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2596775)   #32
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevisio View Post
Re: Marc Hynes - I'd feel like drinking lots if I won the British F3 championship then nobody paid me any attention. Even that season's (1999?) F3 season review VHS video spelt his name wrong (Hines) on the back cover! His must be the most damning example of how motor racing in the UK is most definately NOT a meritocracy. He was a brilliant single seater racer. Better than Jenson.
There's definitely a degree of truth in what you've said there. Even if he didn't deserve to get to Formula One, he certainly deserved to go much further than he did.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2596907)   #33
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
There's definitely a degree of truth in what you've said there. Even if he didn't deserve to get to Formula One, he certainly deserved to go much further than he did.
I never did get the big picture of why his career stalled so badly. I don't think he ever had a lot of sponsorship which I am sure is a part of it and I remember Perry McCarthy being his manager at one point which probably wasn't the best choice.

In any case there is no question he at least had some measure of talent and deserved better.