Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jul 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2495478)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd love to do a noisy event, sadly I'm locked in to work unless I cancel my spa trip.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2495529)   #52
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why,you'll only use ear plugs and loose half of the sound anyway.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2502830)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wha.......................... sorry?
Old 16 Jul 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2503038)   #54
Tom Walker
Rookie

England
leics
Tom Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Good grief, they are only about 30 minutes apart - 15 to a true racer. Surely you can do both?

Has Mallory got 'copter landing facilities? If so it should be even easier.

I seem to recall being at a meeting a good few years ago when Frank Sytner was shuttling backwards and forwards between Donington and , iirc, Oulton for the entire weekend. From memory he won at both places. Mallory is closer than Oulton. It has to be possible,.
If only......!!

I have occasionally thought a mate with a similar coloured helmet to do your practise session could come in handy....oops, any officios listening !!??

Look, I'm feeling weak with the excitment of the Interserie already......I'll have to find a dark room and have a lie down in the quiet bits on the day !!
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2511006)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Soo, the Classic is over for another year, this one is next on the Masters list (apart from guest spots at the BDC). The chance to see some big bangers with no noise limit, has to be mouth watering so who's entered?
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2511037)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Soo, the Classic is over for another year, this one is next on the Masters list (apart from guest spots at the BDC). The chance to see some big bangers with no noise limit, has to be mouth watering so who's entered?
Thinking about it- Car needs fuel tank sorting before pay any more entry fees out! Not sure about combination of Can Am and Touring cars- are the former quicker round Don than the proto 70's?

Any change in your plans, Peter?
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2511067)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No change to my plans. But I would guess Can Ams are pretty quick.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2511684)   #58
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Whats so special about the Can Am race ?How many 917's?
Classic Endurance at Silverstone is the same.

So Mr Mallet will not be there if I have read this thread correctly.He has mentioned it four/five /six/times,Why and if he is not going why the interest?(Suppose he is sending his man)
Old 30 Jul 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2511696)   #59
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John, you've got to start thinking positive! And also leave Peter alone! You can be interested in an event even if you are unable to attend, you know! Peter's work and location mean that he has very restricted opportunities to race.

The CanAm cars were, if I remember correctly Gp7 open, mainly American V8 engined cars. With one race exception the 917's that raced in that series were open 917/10s and the ultimate 917/30 all open cars. In Europe the Interserie cars were similar although some other cars (I remember Willie Green in a 512) raced in it as well. There were very few CanAm cars at the Silverstone race, as they were mainly Gp4/6 cars I believe.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2511739)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
S'ok John, I know Ruston is teasing.

Sadly cos he doesn't fit into the seat I couldn't offer it to him. Too tall y'see?

My interest really relates to the revised mix of Top Hat races (a positive in my book) and of course the construction work at the circuit, which I trust our posters will report upon. After that there's the "noisy" bit which I'm told refers only to the un silenced classes therefore any of those who run in Top Hat will be restricted to 105dB.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2511768)   #61
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
My interest .... and of course the construction work at the circuit, which I trust our posters will report upon.
Popped up there this AM to meet up with a friend doing some testing. Did nlt go round the far side f the circuit but from the stand at the pits entrance one could see at least one large scale digger and several large earth moving tipper trucks.

I hope to get to the meeting this weekend and will report some more after that. Today, between the showers, was time to enjoy the brief forays of of a lovely Ferrari 250LM (I think that's the right model) the usual Mosler, the new Caparo race series car, a coupld of F5000 Lolas and one of the Euroboss Benetton's undertaking a test and development exercise. Sounded wonderful and looked quick.

Also a pair of Belgian Touring Car Kia's .... they looked quite pleasant.

Had some great chats with some very nice people and watched some of the Superleague teams unloading ans setting. What a mix of support levels there seem to be there. Darn great artics through to Luton box vans, or so it seems.

Fortunately the most of the rain and thunder seemed to restrict itself to around lunchtime. The afternoon seems to have been quite dry - although I left shortly after the lunch break.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2511796)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much more would you want? Apparently the Tin Top I'm in should come just under 105.

Which "Man" were you going to send Peter?

Grant,dont forget.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2511798)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well it was going to be JR but when we tried the seat fitting............... well you know the rest. Not sure now.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2518448)   #64
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
My interest really relates to the revised mix of Top Hat races (a positive in my book) and of course the construction work at the circuit, which I trust our posters will report upon.
Well none so far (unless you count the grass growing further up around the diggers/trucks which you may have seen in various photographs as representing activity). Oh sorry, I forgot. One of the diggers had to move last weekend to help bodge in the holes which the rain washed out round the tunnel parapets (and the footings for the debris fence posts).

As of today absolutely zilch has happened except the (unused) tunnel.

Don't give up your Silverstone hotel bookings for 2010.

Jim
Old 12 Aug 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2520164)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Got an e mail yesterday from Claire T. Apparently if anyone enters this and the Spa event, they qualify for a discount on the entry for Mallory Park in October.

Sooo, get those entries in folks.

Provisional Timetable here

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 13 Aug 2009 at 09:30.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2523935)   #66
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone seen an entry list yet?
Old 19 Aug 2009, 06:11 (Ref:2524148)   #67
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Nothing as yet,but the grids are looking good with not many empty spots. Rolling start for all races Chris !.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2524323)   #68
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Rolling start for all races Chris !.
Thats good as we are a little short of startline marshals !!!
Old 19 Aug 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2524335)   #69
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I'm sure you could manage all on you'r own Alan.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2524337)   #70
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Terence but I leave the multi tasking to Fay.

See you Sunday
Old 19 Aug 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2524349)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Looking forward to it Alan.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2524558)   #72
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
you have a nice safety car Terry......and its not mine!!! xx
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2524578)   #73
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
you have a nice safety car Terry......and its not mine!!! xx
Well, what is it then Claire? Not John's Jag??
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2524579)   #74
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Well, what is it then Claire? Not John's Jag??

Nah its right up Terry's street Its Ron's Audi I think though the number plate doesnt pay homage to a certain race in Europe
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2524596)   #75
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Bit of a problem there then,I dont know how to drive Audi's
What is it,an A2?