Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Apr 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3231448)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rallycross World Magazine?

Anyone know if the Rallycross World magazine has stopped?

I know the various Championships have only just got going, but its been 5 months since the last issue; seems quite a long gap?
Old 9 Apr 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3231538)   #2
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Anyone know if the Rallycross World magazine has stopped?

I know the various Championships have only just got going, but its been 5 months since the last issue; seems quite a long gap?
Kinda think may be idle for a while longer! Now heavily involved with the IMG rallycross championship. Anyone else notice Tim's absence at lydden, new chap taking pics with a rallycross pedigree Tim and The other bloke Hank something? Officials for RX/IMG lot I think alot of stories appear on RxWorld and RxRallycross by the same people. Do hope Hals Twingo is still in the pipipeline or is he taking a break

Last edited by schanche; 9 Apr 2013 at 15:20.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3231567)   #3
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You read those ones i gave you then
Old 9 Apr 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3231576)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
You read those ones i gave you then
Still reading them! Got them sitting on the coffee table for a read when I get a spare minute or two! (which is not as often as I would like)
Old 9 Apr 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3231585)   #5
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Kinda think may be idle for a while longer! Now heavily involved with the IMG rallycross championship. Anyone else notice Tim's absence at lydden, new chap taking pics with a rallycross pedigree Tim and The other bloke Hank something? Officials for RX/IMG lot I think alot of stories appear on RxWorld and RxRallycross by the same people. Do hope Hals Twingo is still in the pipipeline or is he taking a break

I saw Tim, he was dressed up like a teenager mind you, did have to laugh.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3231590)   #6
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was TW not at Lydden acting as the drivers liason officer or something along those lines?
Rallycross world is now just another PR site for IMG RXrallycross and seems to refuse even to acknowledge that the challenge actually exists.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3231605)   #7
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Was TW not at Lydden acting as the drivers liason officer or something along those lines?
Rallycross world is now just another PR site for IMG RXrallycross and seems to refuse even to acknowledge that the challenge actually exists.

Yeah he was there, I ment to say not in his usual role as a photographer! Nor the other bloke Many links to RxWorld though via RX must be the only website eligible.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3231624)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
The other bloke Hank something?
Henk de Winter?

I saw Tim down in the programme as "driver liason" (or words to the that effect); didn't see him (or Henk) amongst the photographers I saw trackside, but then I'm a tad short sighted, so they'd have to be close for me to see them anyway!
Old 9 Apr 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3231644)   #9
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They where "man in black" at Lydden.
Complete with ear microphones.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3231886)   #10
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim is the Drivers and Media Liaison man for IMG now.
And has given up of being a journo/snapper, I was told.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3232135)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
For several years Henk de Winter is editor-in-chief of a monthly Dutch motorsport magazine. Almost every month he writes about the Dutch, Belgian and European RX championships.

Since the first rumours of the Rallycross Challenge appeared he didn't write a single word about this new series - he did not even mention the words Rallycross Challenge.

Maybe he doesn't like the RCE or is paid by IMG but as a journalist for a magazine without links to IMG it's his job to report on the world of rallycross.

This sort of journalists i can't take seriously.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3232369)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Maybe he doesn't like the RCE or is paid by IMG but as a journalist for a magazine without links to IMG it's his job to report on the world of rallycross.

This sort of journalists i can't take seriously.
Agreed - to some extent they cease to be a journalist and become a pr agent for one particular series. They certainly lose credibility.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3232660)   #13
Jim H
Rookie

Jim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to Tim at ERC and he said he fas far too busy to produce it at the moment. He assured me that it will be coming back in the future.

Also, thinking of photographers, I didn't see Keith Scott (RallyXpics) with a camera all weekend too. He was far too busy whizzing around on his Segway in the paddock.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3232683)   #14
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H View Post
I spoke to Tim at ERC and he said he fas far too busy to produce it at the moment. He assured me that it will be coming back in the future.

Also, thinking of photographers, I didn't see Keith Scott (RallyXpics) with a camera all weekend too. He was far too busy whizzing around on his Segway in the paddock.
Spoke to Keith, good to see him again at Rallycross with camera in hand indeed Segway is a funny way of getting about but they performed well at both the wet muddy Brc and the cold IMG.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3377885)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Seems like Rallycross World is back, new issue just went up:

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/720327
Old 13 Mar 2014, 01:34 (Ref:3378046)   #16
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Seems like Rallycross World is back, new issue just went up:

Though no longer free........
Old 13 Mar 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3378162)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a surprise!
Old 13 Mar 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3378193)   #18
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Is it only the second issue that came out after the previous one was published around Lohéac ERC round of last year?
Old 13 Mar 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3378221)   #19
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
Is it only the second issue that came out after the previous one was published around Lohéac ERC round of last year?
According to the Rallycross World issue list on Magcloud:

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/28165

The previous issue (#104) came out November 2012?

$0.99 isn't a lot of money, but I'm reluctant to pay as I suspect it will just be a duplication of what is on the major rallycross websites.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3378239)   #20
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Now I can see, #105 is the very issue that came out for Lohéac in August 2013...
Maybe updated now?

https://twitter.com/RallycrossWorld/...932160/photo/1

Last edited by rx-guru; 13 Mar 2014 at 16:02.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3378247)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
Maybe updated now?
I hope so, or the news in it is going to be seriously out of date!
Old 14 Mar 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3378567)   #22
Hal Ridge
Rookie

Hal Ridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify what Rallycross World Magazine is about, and to answer the doubts people have on here about it being ‘out of date.’

In the magazine, we write about the things that interest us, and as we love rallycross as much as you do, we’re pretty sure you’ll be interested too. We also love good old-fashioned printed magazines, something good to look at, an item that feels good when you hold it in your hand, that looks great and is informative and entertaining. The tactile pleasure of an actual product that you can read offline and that never needs to be recharged. We have taken care over the details of typography and paper choice and are fortunate to be able call on the services of some great photographers to illustrate our texts.

The content of the magazine isn’t about the latest news. With the ever increasing profile of rallycross, and indeed the internet, news becomes out of date very quickly. The new version of the magazine about in-depth and informative features on subjects within the sport.

For instance, the first re-launched version that was released in Loheac last year includes an in-depth feature on the Peugeot 306 built by Will Gollop and now owned by Andy Scott. Drivers who have raced and owned the car played their part in contributing to the article. I was the first journalist to drive the Supercar Lite, and the JRX car - there is an informative review about both of the machines from a drivers perspective. The magazine also includes features on the current state of Lousada in Portugal, Icelandic driver Jon B.Hrolfsson, the TouringCar category, the Holjes ‘festival’ and some a get together with some of the Original rallycross drivers.

The intention is to do a few issues of the magazine a year, the current issue has just been posted in MagCloud as an alternative method of distribution, MagCloud offers a print on demand service allowing you order a printed copy for delivery anywhere in the world, as well as*a digital download. Digital copies are also available at Magzter which also offer access through Apple, Android, Windows, etc. app stores.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3378602)   #23
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Ridge View Post
I'm more than happy to answer any questions.

Just one question: If the mag was published in August 2013 why does the ad (see link) reads "Published: 3/12/2014"?
Old 14 Mar 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3378630)   #24
Hal Ridge
Rookie

Hal Ridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simply because that is when it became available in MagCloud.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3378634)   #25
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Simply not true, the print version was available long before.