Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Apr 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1276255)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ford's Official Teams...

From RaceNews....

... what is most interesting perhaps are the cars missing off the "official" list of Ford teams

FORD RACING
12 Apr 05
FORD V8'S READY TO ROCK THE SHAKY ISLES

Ford take the top two championship spots, plus the defending race champion to round #2 of the 2005 V8 Supercar Championship Series at Pukekohe Park south of Auckland this weekend.

Marcos Ambrose and Craig Lowndes lead the way in the championship, but attention will also be focussed on Jason Bright who'll aim to repeat as the NZ winner, this time aboard a Ford Falcon.

The extremely fast 2.8km track presents several challenges to V8 Supercar teams and drivers given the circuit's uneven surface, off camber corners and the unpredictability of Auckland's weather during April.

Jason Bright broke Greg Murphy's stranglehold on the Placemakers V8 International event last year, winning two of the three races to take the round victory, ahead of Marcos Ambrose and Murphy.

Bright has participated in each of the previous four point-scoring events held in New Zealand, finishing each round sixth or higher. His complete record is fourth in 2001, fifth in 2002, sixth in 2003 and overall winner in 2004.

“I am looking forward to heading back to New Zealand after the success I enjoyed there last year,” said Bright.

“Strong development is starting to flow to make the CAT FPR Falcon better suited to my driving style.

“Pukekohe is a track that I enjoy, mainly due to its mixture of very fast and slow corners. This is also the first Championship round where we see the introduction of the two hour practice session which will give us a better opportunity to develop our cars as opposed to the two 30 minute sessions we have seen in the past."

This is the final time that the V8 Supercars will visit Pukekohe, with series organisers AVESCO stating that New Zealand's round will be held at another venue from 2006.

For defending two-time V8 Supercar Champion Marcos Ambrose Pukekohe is one of the few tracks he's yet to win a round at, despite being the home track for team owners Jimmy and Ross Stone.

“If I can deliver one thing to Ross and Jimmy for everything they've done for me over the past four years it would be to deliver them a round victory at their home track,” said Ambrose.

“This is an important race for them and for the entire SBR team. It's one title that's eluded us and there'll only be this final opportunity in 2005 before the New Zealand round is switched elsewhere.

“It was great to capture the first race win in the rain last year but we didn't complete the deal and that was disappointing.

“With improvements to the track this season we want to have good pace and step things up a notch.

“With a new diff ratio and a few other things that have been updated on the Pirtek Falcon I'm excited with what can be achieved on the long straights of Pukekohe.”

Lowndes is just nine points behind Ambrose in the championship chase and is keen to get his first win aboard the Team Betta Electrical Falcon.

“Adelaide was a great start for us, now I want a fantastic weekend in NZ,”said Lowndes.

“Winning at Pukekohe would be great for me, the team and all the Ford fans who have yet to enjoy a Blue Oval championship round win in New Zealand.

“The format for NZ includes three separate races. As always qualifying up front is important but you have to be consistent throughout each race and get good pit stops.”

Teams first take to the track on Friday for a two-hour practice session. During this period cars can complete no more than 50-laps. Saturday includes qualifying, top-10 shootout and the opening 36-lap race. Sunday concludes the weekend's action with two 50-lap races.

All Ford V8 Supercars will this weekend run a special decal to mark the passing of Ford Public Affairs Manager Louise Teesdale.

Championship points after 1 of 13 rounds

1: Marcos Ambrose : Pirtek Racing : Ford Falcon BA 192pts
2: Craig Lowndes : Team Betta Electrical : Ford Falcon BA -9pts
3: Todd Kelly : Holden Race Team : Holden Commodore -30pts
4=: Steven Johnson : Westpoint Racing : Ford Falcon BA -51pts
4=: Paul Weel : Super Cheap Auto Racing : Holden Commodore -51pts
6: Russell Ingall : Caltex Racing : Ford Falcon BA -54pts
7: Paul Dumbrell : Castrol Perkins Motorsport : Holden Commodore -57pts
8: Cameron McConville : Valvoline Cummins Racing : Holden Commodore -63pts
9: Rick Kelly : Team HSV : Holden Commodore -66pts
10: Jason Bright : CAT Ford Performance Racing : Ford Falcon BA -84pts

Details for Pukekohe:
Top 10 Shootout - Saturday 16 April 12.30pm
Race 1 (36 laps - 100.8km) - Saturday 16 April - 3pm
Race 2 (50 laps - 140km) - Sunday 17 April - 12.05pm
Race 3 (50 laps - 140km) - Sunday 17 April - 4.30pm

Circuit: Pukekohe Park Raceway
Length: 2.8km

Estimated top speed: 275km/h - Back Straight
Estimated average speed: 155 km/h

Ford's V8 Milestones for NZ

John Bowe Team BOC 51st birthday - 16 April

Ford's official V8 Line-up for NZ

#1 Marcos Ambrose (Tas) Pirtek Racing
#9 Russell Ingall (SA) Caltex Racing
#5 Greg Ritter (Vic) Ford Credit/FPV Ford Performance Racing
#6 Jason Bright (Vic) CAT Ford Performance Racing
#10 Jason Bargwanna (NSW) Orrcon Steel Racing
#20 Mark Winterbottom (NSW) Orrcon Steel Racing
#12 John Bowe (Tas) BOC Racing
#21 Brad Jones (NSW) BOC Racing
#17 Steve Johnson (Qld) Westpoint Racing
#18 Glenn Seton (NSW) Westpoint Racing
#25 Matthew White (Vic) Britek Racing
#88 Steve Ellery (Vic) Team Betta Electrical
#888 Craig Lowndes (Vic) Team Betta Electrical

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Apr 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1276292)   #2
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WPS? Is that it?
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 12 Apr 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1276313)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sure is....

I wonder if they are suffering technically at not being plugged into the Ford Motorsport development program?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1276327)   #4
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well I suppose when you live by the sword you are destined to die by the sword
Old 12 Apr 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1276408)   #5
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't Gorey just buy the sword, then?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1276512)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Owen is not running there but he would be another 'Ford' driver.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1276635)   #7
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodness me, that is an obvious ommission.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 00:39 (Ref:1276760)   #8
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The next news scoop will be WPS changing to Holden next year.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

Ford must really dislike Mr Gore me thinks.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1276764)   #9
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be ****ed off too if I can Gore... Ford can give 'Britek' Ford money & not WPS!!!

In my book, that is bull S**t Ford!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 02:17 (Ref:1276783)   #10
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is is **** Joe?

Do you think that Ford should have to give money to every idiot who decides to run a Falcon?

It is their right to choose who they give their own money too. The Ford Racing Aus budget is not limitless, so any money going to WPS would probably have to be pulled from some other teams first.

And if I was Ford, I would certainly want him to go Holden next year. I don't think loose cannons like Gore and his operations help sell passenger cars to families, do you?
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:52 (Ref:1276811)   #11
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is sh*t, beacuse Britek come after WPS, but they have given millions to Britek, but said NO to WPS from day one!!! How would you feel if you where Gore? If they said no to WPS (becuase 'we have a limited budget'), then they should have said no to Britek!! That is why I think it is sh*t!!!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:59 (Ref:1276817)   #12
Dingo
Racer

United Nations
Dingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the Britek money was promised to Notso in order to lure him to FPR?...
Old 13 Apr 2005, 04:43 (Ref:1276834)   #13
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe, you make it sound so simple...he who gets in line first gets the deal.

There is a reason that Gore didn't get Holden money as well (do you think he only approached Ford?)...when both refused, it was cheaper to keep running the cars he had acquired...
Old 13 Apr 2005, 04:47 (Ref:1276835)   #14
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For GTR,

As per usual you have taken it upon yourself to find articles that are negative or false when it comes to WPS. It is easy for anyone to browse thru these forums and find the many uninformed slanted opinions you hold for not only WPS but its owners and drivers alike. A couple of weeks ago it was the Credit card, a couple of days ago it was the Aroura story and now it is the Ford story. You certainly have a soft spot when it comes to this team and I can tell you as one of them the only reason I am commenting is the need to point out to those on this site that hold your uneducated ilinformed opinion so highly that they should do a little checking of the facts themselves. Apparently if you make thousands of posts and hang out with the odd team you become a recognized expert on everything from Race cars to religion and everything in between. How much have you contributed to Australian Motorsort? At last check WPS had contributed the following,

WPS V8 Supercar team( with oppitunitys to drive to Besnard, Baird, Yoong, Mckintyre, Mcfadden,O'brien and KELLY.)

Carrera Cup Sponsorship to Charlie Obrien 2004.

Carrera Cup sponsorship Naming rights 2005.

Aussie Race car sponsorship Naming Rights 2005.

Saftey car program 2004, 2005.

Josh Hunt Atlantic drive USA 2004.

DAVID Besnard INDY CAR Drive 2004.

Team Australia 2 car Champ team 2005. 2006. (MARCUS MARSHALL)

The v8 SUPER Car Credit CARD.

On top of these substancial contibutions have worked with and assisted many Car clubs and recognized charitys with out any attraction to themselves at all. Apparntely these effots are a bad thing for motorsport as you have pointed out on so many occasions and maybe motorsport would be much better off without passionate people investing millions of dollars into it, Sorry about that i started to ramble on a bit that's right you were about to tell us all what your contribution to our great sport has been ????????
Old 13 Apr 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1276874)   #15
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WPS certainly sounds like a wonderful, altruistic, kind and generous organisation, Baz.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 07:17 (Ref:1276878)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am sorry bazil, if you can correct my factual inaccuracy in this instance, I would be most keen to correct it. Sadly it seems not to be the case.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1276894)   #17
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8
WPS certainly sounds like a wonderful, altruistic, kind and generous organisation, Baz.
Sounds to me that Mr. Gore would like to buy our respect. Doesn't work with me though.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1276905)   #18
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's great that they tip money into motorsport, I wish there was more companies that did.

The fact remains that they are a major Ford team, of which Ford don't support and that's rare for either brand in this catergory.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 13 Apr 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1276907)   #19
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see Gore become part of the Holden Mob. I believe he has done a lot for aussies and motorsport and if he can make a buck out of it too good on him. Without him we wouldnt have seen bezzy in the champ car race or Team Australia in champ car series this year. Come on gorey jump over to the red side!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1276918)   #20
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8
Do you think that Ford should have to give money to every idiot who decides to run a Falcon??
Doesn't matter what we think, but it looks like we know what Ford thinks.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1276954)   #21
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i am a big WPS racing fan, and honestly, ive had enough with all this ford ****!!!

I hope WPS do go to holden but unfortuantly for ford, that means they lose a supporter (i only follow ambrose, jase richards and besnard)
Old 13 Apr 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1276958)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wow isnt it inetesting beforee each round ford put out a release, listing all their team drivers, they have been doing it for over two year, suddenly it becomes an issue, why is that?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1276962)   #23
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did WPS ever have any money from Ford?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1276965)   #24
cow
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Sounds to me that Mr. Gore would like to buy our respect.
He can buy me. who cares anyway if Ford give him money he's got s**t loads of cash.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1277081)   #25
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't there also some knowledge, as GTRMagic suggested earlier, that money can't buy? ie inside info from Ford Motorsport? Then again, apart from Stones, who were the only Ford team to win a race last year? Maybe the pool of wisdom all the other Ford teams are drinking from isn't all its cracked up to be? (Holden fan speaking, hoping desperately!)