Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who will win the 6hr Spa overall?
Toyota #7 4 28.57%
Toyota #8 7 50.00%
Toyota #9 0 0%
Porsche #1 2 14.29%
Porsche #2 1 7.14%
Other (please specificy) 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 May 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3731641)   #176
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It was going to happen eventually, but the rain has finally arrived.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3731642)   #177
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
It was going to happen eventually, but the rain has finally arrived.
Hopefully it gets biblical.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3731643)   #178
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody noticed how Bykolles have had a quiet race in 6th overall, ahead of all the LMP2s?
Old 6 May 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3731644)   #179
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rain... Spa is intense. It will be tight.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3731645)   #180
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Anybody noticed how Bykolles have had a quiet race in 6th overall, ahead of all the LMP2s?
Actually no, but that's great!
Old 6 May 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3731646)   #181
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And everyone owes us at least a splash before the end. If it rains hard enough, that'll complicate things.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3731647)   #182
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Also doesn't help the case of the Alpine/Dumas in that it's the car that's had TC and electrical problems all day.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3731648)   #183
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Yeah. They've settled down to about 1 second faster than the fastest LMP2, with the gap varying depending on pit stops, between 30 seconds a lap. The only issues they've had are driver errors with locks up and small offs.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3731649)   #184
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
And everyone owes us at least a splash before the end. If it rains hard enough, that'll complicate things.
If Hartley escapes a penalty I believe they need less fuel at the splash.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3731651)   #185
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's been mentioned before but that bike carrier on the Astons is ridiculous!
Old 6 May 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3731652)   #186
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
That's if it escapes penalty. That's Fretias' call. But he's been consistent today. Not to mention if they have to fix the nose.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3731653)   #187
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
That's if it escapes penalty. That's Fretias' call. But he's been consistent today. Not to mention if they have to fix the nose.
I think they fixed the nose on the previous stop. They pitted very quickly after the incident.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3731654)   #188
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think they fixed the nose on the previous stop. They pitted very quickly after the incident.
Yep.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3731655)   #189
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Looks like they'll get away with it. Team manager to race control after the race. Not sure I agree on that one - he just drove into the back of him.
Old 6 May 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3731656)   #190
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Looks like they'll get away with it. Team manager to race control after the race. Not sure I agree on that one - he just drove into the back of him.
At least it makes a race of it
Old 6 May 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3731658)   #191
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If Porsche can show there was something else going on then I would agree, but it looked quite clear from the outside.

Edit - "Green helmet in Mario Kart"...

Come on Martin, you know they're called blue shells.

Last edited by J Jay; 6 May 2017 at 18:00.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3731660)   #192
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harltley is a sort of a messy driver around traffic, from time to time, but I don't think this was all his fault, tbh. He did dive bomb a little but Dumas could have easily seen him and let it through. Romain turned in as if there wasn't anybody already there. I would blame this as 60/40 on Dumas as Hartley couldn't avoid the collision anymore, once the move was made, but Dumas could've have seen him and not turned into the corner like he did.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3731662)   #193
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FWIW I am enjoying the commentary. The combo is decent. I've never been a fan of Haven or McNish for that matter in the commentary box, but the combo has toned both down from their extremes.

We could do with a little bit more Trussers type long term view on stops and the like, but I'm preferring it to Silverstone's RLM coverage. Although this is difficult to compare, one I listened to while at the race and a little after the other I'm watching on telly.

I've not felt the need to try and sync. RLM words to the stream pictures.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3731664)   #194
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Harltley is a sort of a messy driver around traffic, from time to time, but I don't think this was all his fault, tbh. He did dive bomb a little but Dumas could have easily seen him and let it through. Romain turned in as if there wasn't anybody already there. I would blame this as 60/40 on Dumas as Hartley couldn't avoid the collision anymore, once the move was made, but Dumas could've have seen him and not turned into the corner like he did.
I think it was more his fault than Dumas' (80/20 in my books), however as Porsche Motorsport I would not be happy with Dumas either, who seemed half asleep and didn't make life easy.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3731665)   #195
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Harltley is a sort of a messy driver around traffic, from time to time ....
As demonstrated before exiting the bus stop via the marshals post!
Old 6 May 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3731666)   #196
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I don't think Dumas could've made a difference. Hartley had already panicked and locked the brakes because he knew what was coming. He was going to slide into Dumas whether Dumas turned in or not.

Lapped cars should hold their line and be predictable. Hartley didn't even making it alongside Dumas, never mind within passing distance.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:12 (Ref:3731667)   #197
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
FWIW I am enjoying the commentary. The combo is decent. I've never been a fan of Haven or McNish for that matter in the commentary box, but the combo has toned both down from their extremes.

We could do with a little bit more Trussers type long term view on stops and the like, but I'm preferring it to Silverstone's RLM coverage. Although this is difficult to compare, one I listened to while at the race and a little after the other I'm watching on telly.

I've not felt the need to try and sync. RLM words to the stream pictures.
McNish was always a bit too animated. Haven is really struggling to understand the strategies and the fuel limits.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3731668)   #198
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not bothering me that much. I've heard more stupid things on the dedicated LM radio station! As I said a little more considered strategy call would be good, but you need someone not continually commentating for that.

I think it's refreshing not having opinion rammed down your throat constantly.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3731669)   #199
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Final pieces just falling into place.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3731670)   #200
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Granted, I'm American, so I'm glad to get any commentary or TV coverage of the WEC at all.

Porsche are screwed as far as a win or doing any better than third unless Harley is carrying some extra fuel, which would be cheating, but outside of that, they'll have to pit before the checkered flag. Even if he can stretch the fuel, he'll probably have to slow so much that the Toyotas could just blow by him.