Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who will win the 6hr Spa overall?
Toyota #7 4 28.57%
Toyota #8 7 50.00%
Toyota #9 0 0%
Porsche #1 2 14.29%
Porsche #2 1 7.14%
Other (please specificy) 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 May 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3731672)   #201
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's not bothering me that much. I've heard more stupid things on the dedicated LM radio station! As I said a little more considered strategy call would be good, but you need someone not continually commentating for that.

I think it's refreshing not having opinion rammed down your throat constantly.
There is that. I love Hindy, but when he has an opinion everyone has to agree with it. Even if the opinion is Continental tyres are great...

Then Silverstone went the opposite direction where Moody had no opinion on anything and spent the entire time asking McNish basic questions.

I think the best option would actually be the RLM B-Team. The ELMS coverage last year was absolutely wonderful.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3731674)   #202
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you are on to something there.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3731675)   #203
Oracle
Rookie

England
Oracle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irrespective of drivers, that #7 has been about a second a lap faster every lap than the #8..
Old 6 May 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3731677)   #204
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
McNish was always a bit too animated. Haven is really struggling to understand the strategies and the fuel limits.
McNish gets it Haven must be cheap he is certainly not there because he is on top of it. How the Guy comes back year after year is staggering. WEC is top draw the ACO should demand higher standards
Old 6 May 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3731678)   #205
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tolerable finish .... sufficient drama ....
Old 6 May 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3731679)   #206
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love McNish, actually. I think the commentary is better than RLM have been lately. I do miss Trussers, though.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3731681)   #207
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That finish was quite close. Frankly, I think the #7 deserved the win as it was consistently faster than the #8, but got denied due to FCY timing
Old 6 May 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3731683)   #208
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Buemi complaining that Kobayashi didn't listen to the message to slow down. Pull the other one Seb, you would do exactly the same thing in the roles were reversed!

Good victory and a 1-2 for Toyota, with the #8 narrowly beating the #7.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3731684)   #209
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great work by Kamui Kobayashi!

He's fast becoming my favourite Toyota driver.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3731685)   #210
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
#7 probably would've won by half a lap if not for the VSC screw ups. That alone cost them nearly a minute in half's worth of track position.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3731687)   #211
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
The Toyota #9 being lapped by every other hybrid is a bit worrying though.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3731689)   #212
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I've liked McNish the last two races. More than a few times he has flat corrected his counterpart on what drivers/teams are thinking.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3731692)   #213
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was acting more like a test car than anything else. They had issues with tyre degradation over long runs which made them slower over a stint.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3731698)   #214
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I've liked McNish the last two races. More than a few times he has flat corrected his counterpart on what drivers/teams are thinking.
Those have been great.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3731703)   #215
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
The Toyota #9 being lapped by every other hybrid is a bit worrying though.
Was it down to the driver(s) or were they really that slow?
Old 6 May 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3731705)   #216
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I think it was more his fault than Dumas' (80/20 in my books), however as Porsche Motorsport I would not be happy with Dumas either, who seemed half asleep and didn't make life easy.
That's my point. Hartley is racing for the win there, he's not cruising. They have to go for the gaps that the slower cars leaves. Dumas left it very open to him almost as if conceding the place to, then, turn in at the last moment without any awareness that the spot was already about to be occupied. If LMP1 drivers had to wait only for 100% clean circunstances to lap the P2s and GTs, then their race pace would significantly drop.

I think that's one of the things that frustrated Webber and encouraged his retirement, ie, people not looking into their mirrors.
Quote:
Lapped cars should hold their line and be predictable. Hartley didn't even making it alongside Dumas, never mind within passing distance.
Really don't think Dumas was predictable there. I totally understand Hartley and would've done the same, tbh. Dumas drove as if conceding the corner to be lapped with no problems then suddenly ignored what was already going on. Brendon was not fully alongside but Dumas should've let him through. He seemed like napping.

BTW, I know Hartley forced the move a bit and is, at least, partially to blame for. I just don't think it was only a "poor Dumas got tagged" kind of incident.
Old 6 May 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3731706)   #217
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kunimoto struggled mightily, has to improve a lot before Le Mans
Old 6 May 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3731728)   #218
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was really impressed with the ByKolles effort today. If they can keep it clean at Le Mans they will be happy.

Interesting to see the gtepro results with the paired team results. I didn't get to follow the race that closely, did they run this way all afternoon?
Old 6 May 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3731730)   #219
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was really impressed with the ByKolles effort today. If they can keep it clean at Le Mans they will be happy.

Interesting to see the gtepro results with the paired team results. I didn't get to follow the race that closely, did they run this way all afternoon?
For the majority. When it was mixed up it was pretty clear how it would unfold. Ford did challenge Ferrari early on, and when the 67 had problems the Porsches started looking at it, but that's about it.
Old 6 May 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3731740)   #220
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
For the majority. When it was mixed up it was pretty clear how it would unfold. Ford did challenge Ferrari early on, and when the 67 had problems the Porsches started looking at it, but that's about it.
Thanks.
Old 6 May 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3731775)   #221
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It seems this weekend that the LM spec cars were fast over the course of one lap, but had nothing come the race.

I'm thinking that maybe because the rear diffuser changes to the cars, that the LM and sprint packages have become more specialized and I think, like the ACO changes in 2000, shifted the aero balance forward. So I guess that it's little wonder why the LM spec cars struggled for most of the race. Even Porsche got no where near backing up their qualifying performance with the #1.
Old 6 May 2017, 22:39 (Ref:3731776)   #222
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I found this cool live timing: https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/timin...00ca19b897a5f6"

Thank you.

I found this race quite calm, especially comparing to last year's Spa.
And remarkably no major issues (or not at all) regarding reliability in LMP1.
Old 7 May 2017, 00:13 (Ref:3731793)   #223
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haven is good. Pretty much anything is better than Hindy with a hot potato in his mouth.
Old 7 May 2017, 06:15 (Ref:3731859)   #224
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was really impressed with the ByKolles effort today.
Yep, the car went round and round for 6 hours, they've made real progress with their revised engine/aero package. Great effort and just reward for their perseverance. All they need now is someone to race against in their class...

I enjoy eating humble pie!
Old 7 May 2017, 06:31 (Ref:3731862)   #225
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Kunimoto struggled mightily, has to improve a lot before Le Mans
To what extent was Kunimoto a factor in them finishing 2 laps down? Their total pit time was on par with the other factory cars, their pace over a single lap was in the same ball park as the other factory cars, so where did they lose 4 minutes over the course of the race? I heard mention of tire degradation etc etc, but to lose an average of 2 seconds a lap over the course of the race (I think my maths is right there) implies something more, even if the purpose of the entry was data gathering. Or was this simply a case of super sandbagging...? It was certainly a strange run, in my opinion.