Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Feb 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1235122)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brock, Moffat at it again.........................

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23770,00.html

Brock, Moffat at it again
By Gavin McGrath
February 25, 2005

THE two biggest names in Australian motor sport will go head to head at the Australian Grand Prix.

A Brock-driven Holden will line up against a Moffat in a Falcon, as the sons of the two racing legends carry on the family feud in the V8 utes support races during the GP weekend from Thursday.

The difference is that it's James Brock and James Moffat behind the wheels.

Brock, son of Holden hero Peter, is one of the favourites at Albert Park; Moffat, son of Ford legend Allan, is a rookie who finished second in the Lotus Cup series last year.

Both play down the family feud but admit it added new spice to the V8 Ute Series.

"Dad and Peter battled hard on many occasions so it's natural for people to create a bit of hype about it," Moffat said yesterday. "You don't ever go out to finish second and if James finishes second to me that's good."

Moffat isn't putting pressure on himself at the grand prix meeting, instead using the Albert Park track time to get used to the car before the start of the V8 Ute Series, now a major support class for V8 Supercars.

"Driving a Ford makes sense. I think it's exciting," Moffat said. "It's also been a dream of mine to race here (at Albert Park) one day and it looks like it's finally going to happen.

"(But) it's more a great opportunity to get a feel for the car without championship points on the line. The ute is a very different car to what I drove last year (a Lotus Elise sports car) - big, heavy, front-engined and under-tyred from what I've been told.

"It's probably going to take a while to get used to, but if I'm going to succeed in this business I'm going to have to be able to drive a number of different cars with different characteristics.

"These will be more like a V8 supercar and I hope it improves my chances of getting into the V8s, my ultimate goal. Until I've achieved that I'm not going to be satisfied with my progress."

Moffat says he is receiving some support from another Ford legend's team, Dick Johnson Racing, along with Ford to race the ute, although he refused to reveal what that support entailed.

The second generation Moffat had test driven with the view to racing in the V8 Development Series before the team hired the more experienced Dean Canto and TV host Grant Denyer.

"DJR has two capable drivers this year and they'll do well I'm sure," Moffat said.

"But if we can build that relation with the team and impress Dick Johnson and (general manager) Steve Chalker, maybe I can get a drive with them next year. That would be ideal."

Peter Brock and Alan Moffat were fierce rivals on and off the track but have become good friends in recent years.

Their sons have started on friendly terms, but Brock Jr admitted it would not be a good experience to explain to his father why he was beaten in a race by Moffat.

"I think it will be a challenge because from what I've seen James (Moffat) has proved himself as the man to beat in the Lotus series, and once he settles into the utes it will probably be the same." Brock said.

"If he's anything like his father he'll be a fierce competitor too.

"I'm hoping to go out there and set the pace this year.

"But really, the only options for me after this are V8 supercars or to race in the British GT series."

Brock Sr said both drivers deserved a shot at the V8 supercars.

"Both these guys can drive a bit and they'll be treating this as a means of getting into the main game," he said.

Herald Sun

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Feb 2005, 23:59 (Ref:1235163)   #2
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think James Moffat will be in a V8 Supercar, I think James Brock isnt good enough really.

JM has Alans driving skills

and JB has Beverlys driving skills.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 02:04 (Ref:1235194)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit harsh they both need time to mature.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 02:31 (Ref:1235199)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love this line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
Brock, son of Holden hero Peter, is one of the favourites at Albert Park; .....
Is he?

Do they even know he's racing?
Old 25 Feb 2005, 05:30 (Ref:1235251)   #5
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
I think James Moffat will be in a V8 Supercar, I think James Brock isnt good enough really.

JM has Alans driving skills

and JB has Beverlys driving skills.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 05:44 (Ref:1235254)   #6
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason, I think JB is from PB's first marriage....
Old 25 Feb 2005, 05:47 (Ref:1235256)   #7
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not PB's but Bev's.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 05:55 (Ref:1235258)   #8
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JamesBrock is getting some of the aura, but none of the genes.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 01:32 (Ref:1236310)   #9
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As James is in no way related to Peter biologically it would be very difficult for him to have any of Peter's genes.

I get the impression that James's interests lie in the building and engineering of race cars rather than the driving. But when he has driven he has done reasonably well.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 03:30 (Ref:1236322)   #10
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez
As James is in no way related to Peter biologically it would be very difficult for him to have any of Peter's genes.
Difficult?? That's the understatement of the year
Old 26 Feb 2005, 04:01 (Ref:1236326)   #11
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh sorry, i thought he was Peter's son.

So Peter Brock has never had any children ??

Some of the stories ive heard from the 70's have Peter Brock getting 'plenty of opportunities' to create children.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 06:38 (Ref:1236367)   #12
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884

So Peter Brock has never had any children ??

Not that he knows of...

Of course, back then they didn't do DNA testing, so who knows.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1236369)   #13
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well if I was a female and thought Brocky was the father of my child, I'd be getting a court order for DNA samples. This is getting a bit off Topic though.