Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Jul 2009, 04:35 (Ref:2495956)   #1
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LC70 progression?

Has there been any numerical designation between the three versions of the LC70? The original Courage version with the open footbox, the Courage Oreca with the pointed nose? I know the most current version is referred to as the Oreca 01 but I don't know if it still has the LC70 designation. Did the 2008 pointy nose get some moniker like LC70b or LC70spec 2?

dh
Old 5 Jul 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2496138)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Not forgetting the Acura AXR-01a .
Old 5 Jul 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2496154)   #3
davehenrie
Racer

United States
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Not forgetting the Acura AXR-01a .
I tended to group that with the LC75 instead of the LC70, probably should have thought of that as well...
I guess, I'm seeing them designated this way.

2007 and years prior Courage LC-70. (dash- or slash\ or nothing at all?)

2008 Courage Oreca LC-70

2009 Oreca 01
Old 5 Jul 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2496182)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a bit more detailed than that - now I'm not certain of the exact spec but the last versions of the LC70 to bear the name were called Courage-ORECA LC70E. Now the LC75 uses the same chassis as the LC70 so is really the same car.

I did a bit of a piece on the cars development - here
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...atile-lmp.html

The progression is

Courage LC70
Courage LC75
Acura ARX-01
Courage - ORECA LC70
Formula Le Mans
ORECA-01

No other chassis has raced at Le Mans under as many names (4)
Old 5 Jul 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2496303)   #5
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Its a bit more detailed than that
LOL! The story of my life....thanks...
Old 6 Jul 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2496590)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Its a bit more detailed than that - now I'm not certain of the exact spec but the last versions of the LC70 to bear the name were called Courage-ORECA LC70E. Now the LC75 uses the same chassis as the LC70 so is really the same car.

The progression is

Courage LC70
Courage LC75
Acura ARX-01
Courage - ORECA LC70
Formula Le Mans
ORECA-01

Is the Formula Le Mans car the same chassis or a similar design? If it's the same, then I'm impressed with all the different engines that have fit with that chassis over the years.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2498388)   #7
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the article. Excellent.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2502439)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Is the Formula Le Mans car the same chassis or a similar design?
Identical I'm told
Old 16 Jul 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2502537)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Identical I'm told
That is one fine piece of machinery - very adaptable. That is good engineering by many people I am sure.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2505471)   #10
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The progression is

Courage LC70
Courage LC75
Acura ARX-01
Courage - ORECA LC70
Formula Le Mans
ORECA-01

Reynard 02S/Zytec/Creation/DBA/YGK?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2505517)   #11
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Reynard 02S/Zytec/Creation/DBA/YGK?
Zytek's or chassis that have raced at Le Mans under names are

Zytek 04S
Zytek 06S
DBA 03S Zytek
DBA 03S Judd

still not as much as the LC70, which is so far proving to be one of the most hardy cars considering its age, same age as the R10 Audi and much quicker this year as well, Yves and his boys knew what they were doing, and so does Huges De Chaunac and co.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2505765)   #12
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Zytek's or chassis that have raced at Le Mans under names are

Zytek 04S
Zytek 06S
DBA 03S Zytek
DBA 03S Judd

still not as much as the LC70, which is so far proving to be one of the most hardy cars considering its age, same age as the R10 Audi and much quicker this year as well, Yves and his boys knew what they were doing, and so does Huges De Chaunac and co.
The Creation CA06/H was based on the same chassis too wasn't it?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2505791)   #13
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post

Zytek 04S
Zytek 06S
DBA 03S Zytek
DBA 03S Judd
The Zytek 07S/2 and GZ09S have raced at Lemans as well, not forgetting the Creation CA06/H and CA07.

The Nasamax DM139 also shares the same origin. That too raced at Le Sarthe.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2505795)   #14
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
forgot about the CA06H Judd, the 07S and the CA07 were new chassis, pretty sure the rules dictated it after the end of the 2006 season as Hybrid's were not allowed to race at LM after 06, could be wrong though.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 02:20 (Ref:2505818)   #15
davehenrie
Racer

United States
You have the original Reynard 02s, which went, afaik, unchanged as the DBA and YGK variants. Then Zyteks 03s was, at best, minimally changed from the original. The Creation and Zytek 4s still kept the frames and layouts pretty much as designed by Reynard. Only with the 06 models did the Creation and Zytek branch out from the original. But even with those changes, mostly mandated by ACO rules, you still had a Reynard heart. The latest Creations and the 07 and 09 Zyes may have a myriad of aero and suspension changes, but they still share the same basic frame and size. This isn't some stretched or enlarged remake, the newest cars still fit inside the box that the Reynard was shipped in. Creation's first changes were probably needed as much to fit larger tires on the front as they were needed for Aero improvements.

The real question though should be this....The Creations and Zyteks have each had moments of brillance over the years. But they have NEVER done well at Le Mans. There is something in the fundemental design going all the way back to Mr Reynard's design team, that seems to hamper the chassis at Le Mans. My guess is the original chassis is narrower than most of the newer products and the car may not be able to generate lateral grip with low wing settings. At tracks that require a little more downforce, then they don't seem to be as overmatched as they are at Le Mans.

dh
Old 22 Jul 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2505946)   #16
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
The Zytek 07S/2 and GZ09S have raced at Lemans as well, not forgetting the Creation CA06/H and CA07.

The Nasamax DM139 also shares the same origin. That too raced at Le Sarthe.
Wasn't the Nasamax based on the earlier Reynard 2KQ/01Q chassis, rather than the 02s/YGK/DBA/Zytek/Creation/etc?
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/nasamaxdm139.html
Old 22 Jul 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2506071)   #17
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Wasn't the Nasamax based on the earlier Reynard 2KQ/01Q chassis, rather than the 02s/YGK/DBA/Zytek/Creation/etc?
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/nasamaxdm139.html
That is what I thought as well, but I was assuming they knew of a car I hadn't seen. lol! The 02s that all the Zytek and Creations cars were based upon, was a replacement for the failed 2KQ. (looking at the basic shape of the 2kq, it has some familiarity with the 2005 Lola B05-40. (SOME!!!)
dh
Old 22 Jul 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2506123)   #18
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could be right, and more than likely are.