Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Oct 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3932804)   #35
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Max: no, you are not violating any copyright. Again, you do not sign away your copyright or license the rights just by buying a ticket because the clauses that say so are very likely void.

However, any owner of a property can prohibit visitors from taking picture as part of their house rules. If they catch you taking pictures, they can throw you out. This is what for example museums do and this is allowed and enforceable. So if the ticket that you bought says "you may not take pictures", that is usually enforceable and they can enforce that by throwing you out.

The pictures you did take before being thrown out are yours and you can do as you please (potentially within the limits of data protection if you take pictures of other people that did not consent to you posting them online). They cannot prevent you from that on legal grounds for the reason stated above.

What they can do factually by the power of being the bigger bully is a different story.
What if the ticket says... "you may not take or publish pictures". So you get kicked out, but I think they can come after you if you publish the photos (I think exceptions for newsworthy events and maybe other reasons).

Here is a hypothetical. You publish concert photos on Facebook (and the tickets specified no photos). The organizer has a relationship with Facebook and they scan for any photos taken at the concert. For any they find, they ask Facebook to take them down. Facebook may just remove your photos. I am not saying that happens today, but I think it could.

Richard