Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 May 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2465829)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't that the point, they are keeping the regs the same, but switching to P2 engines and allowing more technical freedom, once approved, on the hybrid front.

Rather than having an R15 with 650bhp+ and regular chassis/aero changes, you'll see an R15 with 550bhp+ and free chassis/aero development for the forseable future.
Old 20 May 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2465830)   #27
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think they are hoping new manufacturers will come in when the new rules are in force as they will not want to build a new car for 1 year, same problem for Peugeot if they stay beyond 2009.
Old 20 May 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2465833)   #28
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
At any given point at the track (Circuit de la Sarthe) with a 15 second differentiation in single lap over its 13.65km (8.48mile) length, the performance difference in the window of a persons observational range would be negligable!

:
As I said maybe to you.
Old 20 May 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2465837)   #29
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
As I said maybe to you.
Well I suggest we not get into talking about You!

L.P.
Old 20 May 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2465839)   #30
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am quite sure a 10 km/h speed difference is only visual when in comparison to another car. If there is no other 10 km/h faster car then you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between 330 and 320 on the straights and 230 - 220 in Porsche corners.
Old 20 May 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2465846)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I see that Ferrari has lost their court case against the Fia , with respect to their technical veto , which Im sure they will appeal .

But times are certainly getting interesting with the possible thought of Ferrari returning to sportscars ..... if they dont back down , which would make them look like ***** imo .
Old 20 May 2009, 18:37 (Ref:2465869)   #32
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With TK quitting DTM to concentrate on sportscars, and with the works Audi team still seemingly unsure about a full 2010 programme, who said it was just with Audi Sport Team Joest?

This could mean driving for Kolles, the odd appearance in GT3, or even an Audi R8 GT2 car in the American GT2 Series, or American Le Mans series, whichever you wish to call it.

We can't rule out a privateer or semi-works R15 in Europe, America or even Asia next year. Ferrari loan out their factory drivers, and with such little racing from Audi, I wouldn't be surprised if they started to do the same to keep their drivers fresh.
Old 20 May 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2465956)   #33
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think that he would quit DTM unless there was a season long factory program in the pipeline.
Old 20 May 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2465957)   #34
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
I dont think that he would quit DTM unless there was a season long factory program in the pipeline.
I am of the same mind.

L.P.
Old 20 May 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2465959)   #35
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think TK might. Sportscars are his passion. There's no reason why he couldn't race for Kolles.

Just a quick question to everyone, why isn't Kolles under the Kolles Audi Sport Denmark banner like other privateer Audis used to be (Audi Sport UK, Oreca Audi Sport France, Audi Sport Team Goh etc.)?
Old 20 May 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2465961)   #36
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think TK might. Sportscars are his passion. There's no reason why he couldn't race for Kolles.

Just a quick question to everyone, why isn't Kolles under the Kolles Audi Sport Denmark banner like other privateer Audis used to be (Audi Sport UK, Oreca Audi Sport France, Audi Sport Team Goh etc.)?
I doubt we will see Kolles running an Audi Prototype next year.

L.P.
Old 20 May 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2465966)   #37
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I doubt we will see Kolles running an Audi Prototype next year.

L.P.
Would it be naiive to ask why?
Old 20 May 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2465979)   #38
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Would it be naiive to ask why?
No, it is just an opinion. Nothing against Kolles, but I view them as a place holder for Audi while all the hullabalou with Porsche is going on. Also I do suspect Audi will have a full factory prototype program back next year, among other things..

L.P.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2465989)   #39
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
No, it is just an opinion. Nothing against Kolles, but I view them as a place holder for Audi while all the hullabalou with Porsche is going on. Also I do suspect Audi will have a full factory prototype program back next year, among other things..

L.P.
But I'm sure Audi would rather do ALMS - and in this climate, there isn't a budget to do both. In Europe, every other car Audi sell is a diesel, and we all know their domination at Le Mans - they have nothing left to prove this side of the pond.

I could see, however, Audi doing a full ALMS season, and give Kolles a couple of R15s with extra factory support, but not quite a fully fledged works effort, to save costs.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2465998)   #40
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
I think we could see Audi in europe because if Ferrari do come to sportscars it will be in europe and I cant see audi missing an opportunity to compete against Ferrari. But none of this might happen so who knows?
Old 20 May 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2466004)   #41
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I think we could see Audi in europe because if Ferrari do come to sportscars it will be in europe and I cant see audi missing an opportunity to compete against Ferrari. But none of this might happen so who knows?
If Ferrari do enter Sportscars, they won't do a full LMS season.

There's no way on earth that they could design, build and test a competitive LMP racer while running a front-running Formula One team come March next year and park one on the grid at Barcelona.

If Ferrari were to join, we would probably see Mugello as the season opener.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2466023)   #42
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
If ferrari do join they wont be running in F1 at the same time. The only reason they are showing interest is because they are considering leaving F1.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2466026)   #43
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
If ferrari do join they wont be running in F1 at the same time. The only reason they are showing interest is because they are considering leaving F1.
Yes but they won't leave F1 straight away, they'll finish this season. I meant designing it while running the F1 team for the rest of this year.
Old 21 May 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2466100)   #44
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Or just bullying FIA.
Old 21 May 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2466332)   #45
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
I think everyday we go without a resolution in F1, the chances of new manufacturers joining the sportscar grid increases.
Old 21 May 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2466374)   #46
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Whilst Prodrive, Epsilon Euskadi, etc contemplate heading the OTHER way...

Hmmm. Sportscars could end up as net LOSERS in this silliness.

Erect the barriers, keep the Prancing Horse OUT.
Old 21 May 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2466404)   #47
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Whilst Prodrive, Epsilon Euskadi, etc contemplate heading the OTHER way...

Hmmm. Sportscars could end up as net LOSERS in this silliness.

Erect the barriers, keep the Prancing Horse OUT.
I disagree, whatever happens endurance racing will come out well. If Epsilon went it wouldnt be that greater loss as they're not even racing anyway at the moment. If prodrive went into F1 then they would not just end the sportscar program and if Lola went to F1 then they would not just stop building LMPs, they could not afford to,

On the other hand there are a lot of reptuable sources indicating that there is a lot of interest in Le Mans from new and existing manufacturers. So as far as I can see times are looking good for Le Mans.
Old 21 May 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2466416)   #48
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I disagree, whatever happens endurance racing will come out well. If Epsilon went it wouldnt be that greater loss as they're not even racing anyway at the moment. If prodrive went into F1 then they would not just end the sportscar program and if Lola went to F1 then they would not just stop building LMPs, they could not afford to,

On the other hand there are a lot of reptuable sources indicating that there is a lot of interest in Le Mans from new and existing manufacturers. So as far as I can see times are looking good for Le Mans.
I agree with that. It would just be a huge boost for Le Mans
Old 22 May 2009, 08:00 (Ref:2466904)   #49
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
But as a pessimist I'm seeing Ferrari using Le Mans as a bargaining tool for their games with the FIA whereas there are several key sportscar teams that seem to be considering switching their best resources to F1. Gods I detest how much power the two characters 'F' and '1' have in terms of sponsor potential.
Old 22 May 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2466911)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
But as a pessimist I'm seeing Ferrari using Le Mans as a bargaining tool for their games with the FIA whereas there are several key sportscar teams that seem to be considering switching their best resources to F1. Gods I detest how much power the two characters 'F' and '1' have in terms of sponsor potential.
I can also see the desperation of most race teams to attract the interest of sponsers, in the current world many small teams and some of the larger ones are finding it hard to attract sponsers so showing an interest in moving to F1 is a very good ploy to get your name in the media spotlight, wether they have any intention of moving from other forms of motor racing is not as important as attracting the interest of potential sponsers. It is the reverse of ferrari who are using Sportscar racing to strenghten their hand in negogiations with F1.