Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Aug 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2519898)   #1
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Kyle Busch the most hated Nascar driver of all time.

In the past couple years I have read almost nothing but negative comments about him. I dont have that big of a problem with him, but at least 90% of people who follow this sport simply cannot stand him. Hell, even if he gives an interview, the fans twist his words to make it look much worse than it really is.

Personally. I am leaning towards yes on this.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2519909)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
...he's certianly working towards it.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:29 (Ref:2519916)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Shame isn't it?

The guy has some serious speed in him but his attitude is pretty ****-poor on a good day.

I love it when he drops the hammer on a restart and gaps the field - just awesome to watch but then he goes and opens his yap and spoils it all.

I don't hate the bloke but many seem to and it isn't (for the most part as far as I can see) about his driving.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:29 (Ref:2519917)   #4
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His attitude in interviews is usually what makes him look like a tool, for all I know he is a great guy in person and away from the track but when at the track grade A **** from what I see/read...
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2519919)   #5
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
That's the problem. No one wants to see "track" Kyle apparently. However, I firmly believe that we need more "off track" Kyle.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2520108)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't say he is hated by me personally. Hate is a strong word.

You can do nothing but admire his driving, usually. His attitude is that of a little girl though and thus it is hard to really warm to him.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2520118)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like him & his attitude - he's a race car driver who has no friends at the track... His interviews are funny, makes the interviewee feel "little" with his turd of an attitude for finishing 2nd again...
Old 12 Aug 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2520140)   #8
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he is since i started following it 2001 or so... to me anyway
Old 12 Aug 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2520276)   #9
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Darrell Waltrip back in the 70s? DW knew that wearing the black hat was good for publicity, and could back it up. I wonder if Rowdy is of the same stamp.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2520343)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of all time? Not even close. Darrell Waltrip and Dale Earnhardt share that honor. That being said, he is a turd sandwich.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2520483)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
are we wondering if he is hated by the fans or drivers or both?
dale sr and jaws were definetly hated in their days, but one would have to think the dale, cale yarborough and the guy pictured on the left were hated just about every other driver.

kyle has plenty of time to catch up.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 00:12 (Ref:2520537)   #12
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking both. We can add RUSTY WALLACE to the list too.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2520549)   #13
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Surely the one and only Robbie Gordon ... even 19yo Joey Logano said about him - "you can't fix stupid...it's forever"

Love it!
Old 13 Aug 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2520555)   #14
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure happy I'm not the only one to feel that way about him.
He needs a 'wake up' call.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2520565)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
he just needs a good alabama ass whuppin.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 04:34 (Ref:2520592)   #16
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps. But, I think he's great and I love the attitude too. Except he does overdo it sometimes though. I love that he's the fastest, he knows it and he doesn't have time for anyone to slow him down.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2520675)   #17
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
I'm sure happy I'm not the only one to feel that way about him.
He needs a 'wake up' call.
Go on any Nascar forum/chat and ask about him. You will be lucky to find a fan of his.

Personally in 20 years or so, I firmly believe that we will all be admiring him like we do Dale Sr., DW, or Rusty in their racing days, although the latter two's poor job at commentary really make us hate them all over again.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2520682)   #18
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this Kyle as a child? well, a smaller child?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc
Old 13 Aug 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2520827)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Personally in 20 years or so, I firmly believe that we will all be admiring him like we do Dale Sr., DW, or Rusty in their racing days, although the latter two's poor job at commentary really make us hate them all over again.
or he'll win a few more races, maybe a championship and then become what his brother is....middle of the pack driver.

kyle can't race balls to the wall forever. all it well take is a couple of really hard hits and he will loose a bit of his nerve. and with the way he drives, could be sooner than expected.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2520929)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I like him because he annoys Junior Nation...
Old 13 Aug 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2521028)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
are you kidding? he annoys everyone, including people who cheer for him.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2521070)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I like him because he annoys Junior Nation...
Everyone does tbf.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2521256)   #23
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Jr nation is the biggest reason why I suicided my account over on the speedtv forums. I have no regrets about that however.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2521264)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are they fanatical over there?

How are they coping with his poo season
Old 14 Aug 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2521336)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Are they fanatical over there?

How are they coping with his poo season
last year, they would drown themselves in Budweiser, but i guess this year, they are getting Amped.