Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Dec 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2809482)   #126
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
It has a roof, 4 wheels, and a Lion Rampant badge. Any other bets are risky!
Dont forget a seat and a steering wheel, and a engine('s)
Old 30 Dec 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2809497)   #127
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
See, you fell into the trap.
A seat? 2 required.
Steering wheel? Maybe. Could be a fly by wire joystick!
Engine implies petrol or diesel. Could be electric motor on each hub. Swappable battery pack, instead of refuelling!
Old 30 Dec 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2809518)   #128
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
See, you fell into the trap.
A seat? 2 required.
Steering wheel? Maybe. Could be a fly by wire joystick!
Engine implies petrol or diesel. Could be electric motor on each hub. Swappable battery pack, instead of refuelling!
Damn, though i was so smart .
But... there is only 1 seat required, but must be ABLE to fit two, so the seat was correct .
Old 30 Dec 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2809533)   #129
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hehehehe....
Old 2 Jan 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2810208)   #130
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol..Actually my latest news would be what been posted here so i guess no updates...
Old 2 Jan 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2810213)   #131
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the presentation is still for middle of this month(and not february)
Old 3 Jan 2011, 00:44 (Ref:2810364)   #132
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I'm hoping for Autosport Show. As I'll be there...
Old 3 Jan 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2810389)   #133
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly, I don't think that Autosport will be a launch point. Peugeot will do as Audi and have their own stand alone event. Most Euro car makers have started to go the stand alone launch event policy.

Audi launched the R18 at it's own event, and I doubt that we'll see the car again any time very soon unless one wants to stake out like Homestead, Sebring or Road Atlanta 24/7. Or EuroSpeedway and it's banked test track or even VW's own test courses for that matter.

No Audi or Pug photos have shown up in like forever, and we know for sure that Audi has been testing. Maybe they've learned from certian H'wood celebs who I won't name for fear of redicule how not to get pap'd out.

But that makes me also wonder if both Audi and Peugeot have HD kits for their cars yet? So far, the R18 and the 90X have been only seen in basically an LM spec, and Sebring and Spa are high downforce tracks, where the 90X and R18 are expected to debut.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2812565)   #134
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Official unveiling: Feb 2nd, Paris. I'm guessing we should also learn the driver line-ups on that day, and TBH I'm hoping they remain unchanged from 2010, they have hit the sweetspot in terms of driver trios.

http://twitter.com/#!/johndagys/stat...13443772022784

Last edited by Victor_RO; 7 Jan 2011 at 16:38.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2812632)   #135
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Yep, can't wait for this date
Old 7 Jan 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2812643)   #136
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So if Loeb is going in, who is going out? Klien? Or will Wurz step away due to his new commitments?
Old 7 Jan 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2812647)   #137
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Did I miss any announcements? Some time last year it was pretty specifically mentioned that Peugeot's plan is to keep all 9 drivers in the same 3 trios. Klien got relegated to test driver once Davidson and Pagenaud were drafted to the main team.

Also, slight correction, it's Feb 3rd not Feb 2nd.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2812655)   #138
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure why but I thought people were talking about Loeb doing it this year. But it would probably make sense for his to go into the third Oreca seat.

And I've just realised it was a different guy despite the URL and the accompanying tweet at the time.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-team-manager/

Last edited by Simmi; 7 Jan 2011 at 19:16.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2812823)   #139
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So if Loeb is going in, who is going out? Klien? Or will Wurz step away due to his new commitments?
Klien is already out , was only reserve driver this year .

What new commitments does Wurz have ?

Didnt Pug test out J-CW ..... what was the outcome of that test ?
Old 8 Jan 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2812830)   #140
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Didnt Pug test out J-CW ..... what was the outcome of that test ?
Really? Not saying they didn't, only that it's the first I've heard of it.

My understanding is that the driver line-up(s) remain unchanged for 2011.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2812836)   #141
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I thought they had tested him pre last season ..... possibily on a word from quick Nic .
Old 8 Jan 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2812845)   #142
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I thought they had tested him pre last season ..... possibily on a word from quick Nic .
Interesting. Have to say, he'd be my first choice (non factory) driver between dusk and dawn at Le Mans.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2812876)   #143
The Badger
Veteran

Whats he up to anyway ?
Old 8 Jan 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2812877)   #144
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
JCW? Probably still with Nissan in GT1 if their plans don't change.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2814292)   #145
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
To me if a driver would left Pug this year, it would be rather Simon Pagenaud, because he seems very busy with Highcroft and HPD which builds a new LMP1 engine...
Old 22 Jan 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2819135)   #146
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
During Rallye Monte-Carlo last leg yesterday, commentator of Eurosport mentionned Sébastien Loeb in the Peugeot line-up for 2011 Le Mans race
Old 22 Jan 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2819183)   #147
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
During Rallye Monte-Carlo last leg yesterday, commentator of Eurosport mentionned Sébastien Loeb in the Peugeot line-up for 2011 Le Mans race
Hmm.
If this is true, then I'm wondering how many Peugeot's we might be seeing?.
Brabs is still up for graps, so he could also go in a Peugeot!

Could we see 3x Peugeot Sport 90X and 1 or 2 Oreca 90X!? (or maybe 1x Oreca and 1x Pesca?).
If so, Peugeot are going to be busy with building Tub's, engines and parts!
Old 22 Jan 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2819269)   #148
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
No way Pesca is going to run a Peugeot, they don't have the resources for that..they´ve just restarted their operation.

I think it will be like this year, three works cars and one Oreca. The whole Loeb thing is becoming a recurring joke...every winter it says he´ll be in the Peugeot at Le Mans and it never comes to fruition.

I believe it when it happens but I doubt it will...he just dosen't have the road racing edge needed to drive a top-running LMP1 competitively. He's a good road racer but good dosen't cut it in the Audi vs. Peugeot battle..
Old 22 Jan 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2819271)   #149
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
And of the 9 drivers who raced for the team at Le Mans, you can't really claim that any of them is really a lot slower than all the rest. OK, some of them need to calm down in traffic, but on pace, I personally wouldn't drop any of them.

In any case, we have less than 2 weeks before the official unveiling of the car. Will they run #7 #8 and #9 again for the whole ILMC?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2820224)   #150
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Loeb and Raikkonen tipped for Le Mans

Seven-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb has been tipped to return to the Le Mans 24 Hours this year: an event that he has already contested twice, with a best result of second place in 2006.

Loeb came close to a Le Mans seat in 2010 with Peugeot, before deciding to prioritise his World Rally Championship campaign and testing commitments with the new Citroen DS3 WRC.

Now though, with Loeb likely to retire from rallying at the end of 2011 – especially if he wins the title again – the 36-year-old is looking at his racing future for 2012 and beyond.

With the Le Mans 24 Hours scheduled for 11-12 June this year, between the rallies of Argentina and Greece, Loeb would have time to take part in the endurance classic – which is not always possible due to the demands of the WRC calendar.

Former Grand Prix Champion Kimi Raikkonen – who will contest 10 rallies this year in a Citroen DS3 WRC – is also keen to race at Le Mans. Discussions have taken place with Citroen’s sponsor Red Bull about the possibility of running a Peugeot 908 in Red Bull colours at Le Mans; with the two rally stars among the driver line-up.