Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2001, 04:33 (Ref:145908)   #51
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At times like these, I think you can't condemn people for making comments which may seem a tad abrassive(if you can even call Ralf's comments that). I can understand Ralf's point of view and I certainly don't think he's being unreasonable or paraniod. However, I do feel that it would be in his best interest to race at Indy. As has allready been stated before, these are very hard times for the americans and they need to have the GP(among other events) in order to boost their spirits and to bond together.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 06:47 (Ref:145917)   #52
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we cancel the Grand Prix, and other things, because of what has happened, then we are letting the terrorists win. Life should continue, as much as it can do, as normal, to show them that America, and the rest of the the world, is not going to be beaten by cowardice.

Last edited by badoer fan; 14 Sep 2001 at 06:48.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 10:59 (Ref:145979)   #53
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Ralf hasn't actually said that he is not going to race - he has expressed concern about the safety, and that is perfectly understandable (to anyone with an ounce of intelligence). Apparently his concerns make him selfish and insensitive compared to TGF, but I have a couple of points to make on that subject:

1. He was speaking in German, so what he said had been translated and if it has been poorly translated it will come out sounding different to how he meant it
2. Chances are that he and TGF were asked different questions. TGF may have been asked for his reaction to the attacks themselves, Ralf about the decision to go ahead with the race. There is a difference, so perhaps before you condemn drivers you ought to think about that.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 11:14 (Ref:145987)   #54
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was nothing wrong with what Ralf said, he is understandedly concerned, and was voicing an opinion. Although i didn't really agree about his comments about Spa and Monaco, he was perfectly entitled to say what he did.

Looking at this situation from another angle, and please don't take this the wrong way, but how will Tuesday's actions affect the plans of Bernie to take GP's away from europe and into the Middle East, could he continue to try and get races in there to maybe attempt to bring the world back together, or will he steer clear of there now.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 12:48 (Ref:146027)   #55
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf's girl:

I hope you do not take it too personally.

It seems strange that while you are free to state your opinion on other drivers and defend your idol, my doing so is branded as condemn.

In no way am i condemning him for his statement? WHAT FOR???? Neither did i say for sure that HE IS WRONG, HE CANT SAY THIS..etc
My post state your stand in the beginning of it, but i am merely offering a different point of view, which obviously got you all touchy and extremely defensive. I dont think i am guilty of condemning him, because i know i am not, and any other members of this forum who is totally unbiased towards the Schumachers would see.

Not knowing the drivers personally, all i could do is base my opinions with the best of my understanding and judgement with all the information open to me. Can't you be sweeter towards anyone who just happen to say something you don't like in a nice manner?

As for condemning other drivers...i think there are many others who are guilty of that...try telling them about it.

Last edited by Gt_R; 14 Sep 2001 at 12:49.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 13:31 (Ref:146050)   #56
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume that Ralf's Girl and BBKing have a "history" that I haven't followed closely. I don't want to get caught in the middle, and I feel bad that Ralf's Girl was upset. I welcome opinions about the feasability of holding the US GP this year, but I'd just as soon leave Ralf's comments out of it.

Last edited by eatapc; 14 Sep 2001 at 13:32.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 14:52 (Ref:146073)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
eatapc, glad to see how reasonable you are after the tragedy you were confronted.

He, he, he... Ral's Girl-BBKing-GT_R, have a great "history"...

Altough I don't support none of their drivers, oh my, I don't support any driver ! I don't think we can judge Ralfie a selfish or coward person. A little more sense of ourselves, and we see he's a human after all...

BUT the point here is : How come to BBKing and GT_R being at the same side ????

Come on... you guys can't do that !!!
Old 14 Sep 2001, 14:52 (Ref:146074)   #58
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing going on between me and RG. She just gets upset whenever I say something about little bro. Not my fault that I find his comments out of place. I think I have the right to express what I think about it. Am I wrong?
Old 14 Sep 2001, 17:11 (Ref:146120)   #59
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
THE RULE in this forum seems to be evolving to one that:

"IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME... YOU MUST BE WRONG!" or
"IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE, YOU ARE BIASED, A FOOL, A KID WHO KNOWS NOTHING, A CHEAT, A LIAR, A SICKO, A NUT, A MO-RON (RONNNN!!) blah blah"

Hehh...doesnt matter...
Old 14 Sep 2001, 17:11 (Ref:146121)   #60
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this is the full quote of what Ralf said, although not too many news reports included all of it.

Quote:
"It is a bad joke intending to go to the United States and racing there," said the 26-year-old German.

"I do not think it is safe and I, for sure, will not be taking my family and friends.

"We are just 22 drivers but we also have to think about the 200,000 spectators.

"Bernie Ecclestone is recommending us to race there and I will be anxious to see if he turns up.

"If it was down to me I would not have been here (in Italy).

"I don't think there should be big public events - not just in sport, but also things like the Oktoberfest (Munich's beer festival) while they do not know who was responsible for the attacks."

Michael on the other hand was directly asked at the press conference.

Quote:
Q:
Michael, as the leader of the Formula 1 drivers, is there anything you can say in sympathy to the people of America?

MS:
It's pretty difficult to find the right expression for what has happened there and what we feel. I think in all of us it's pretty much the same that what we do feel is naturally the sympathy for all of them and we will support them as much as we can. It is a tough time we are looking forward to and we have to keep improving things as much as we can to prevent this from happening again.
So Ralf wasn't too selfish after all i guess.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 17:48 (Ref:146131)   #61
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Drexel, that's good to know.

Here in the New York area Fed Ex trucks on the street, and I received a UPS delivery this morning. Trains are running. Airlines are flying on a much-reduced schedule. People are filling restaurants. There is a sad spirit everywhere, but also a spirit of camaraderie that feels good. Those arrested at JFK airport last night turned out not to be hijackers, so at this point (knock on wood) there is no reason to believe that further attacks are imminent. The city of Indianapolis (and Tony George) would be seriously hurt economically by the cancellation of the race, so I'm still optimistic at this point that the race will be held.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 18:12 (Ref:146153)   #62
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
these are very hard times for the americans and they need to have the GP(among other events) in order to boost their spirits and to bond together.
unfortunately...what american race fans are really going to crave...
is the next neckcar race.

the tiny minority of us who love f1 want what's best for the teams.

if it's still too weird here to race..and i think it will be.
fine..
we can wait till next year..
Old 14 Sep 2001, 19:00 (Ref:146186)   #63
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by botsquad
unfortunately...what american race fans are really going to crave...
is the next neckcar race.
That was a pretty ignorant statement. Especially considering more people attended the USGP than any other F1 race.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 20:12 (Ref:146224)   #64
botsquad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Redneck

That was a pretty ignorant statement. Especially considering more people attended the USGP than any other F1 race.

wrong again neckboy.....

more then 25% of the fans at the first race were from outside the usa.
and this year's race is not a sellout.
gobs and gobs of tix available on ebay at less than face.

the next neckcar race at ims is already a sellout....and almost a year away.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 20:29 (Ref:146234)   #65
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
It seems strange that while you are free to state your opinion on other drivers and defend your idol, my doing so is branded as condemn.
My comment about that wasn't actually aimed at you - more at BBKing, because Ralf cannot do anything right in his eyes.

And Drexel, thank you for shedding some light on the point I was trying to make earlier.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 22:14 (Ref:146307)   #66
Redneck
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by botsquad
wrong again neckboy.....
What was I wrong about?
Old 14 Sep 2001, 22:38 (Ref:146322)   #67
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was not condemning Ralf's comments either, I even stated that I agree'd with them. I was simply saying that IF there were people who found his comments out of context then they shouldn't really condemn him for it because these are emotional times and I also stated that(IMHO) I think he should be there to race at the GP. So in fact I was defending Ralf's position and before anybody jumps at me saying "well that's just because your a Ralf fan, your being biased, etc etc" let me just say that I find noting wrong with TGF's comments either, they are both very valid points of view and in times like these there is really no right or wrong way to react to situations.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 23:32 (Ref:146337)   #68
botsquad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Redneck

What was I wrong about?
what have you ever been right about?
Old 15 Sep 2001, 00:23 (Ref:146359)   #69
Redneck
Racer

Your intelligence.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 00:41 (Ref:146366)   #70
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah come on guys, Americans or not, the US GP was a huge success last year, and I'm sure it will be this year too, even if a few seats are empty and it will only be a few.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 01:24 (Ref:146377)   #71
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think that everyone is right.
But I also think that the terrorists are not that interested in sporting events, their targets were to take out political and financially sensitive buildings, to bring down capitalism, so to speak.

I find Ralf's comments a little rushed.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 09:05 (Ref:146441)   #72
Gt_R
Veteran

BUT back to the question...the US GP MIGHT not go ahead, despite the messages it can send, should the United States decide to launch its retaliations then... in 2 weeks time.

A top US official had said that the US is ready to launch military action as soon as this weekend, and that they had already recalled 1m troop reserves as well as place 2 fleets of air-craft carrier/battle ships in the Gulf.

I think Bush has a hand over Bernie's mouth afterall.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 14:26 (Ref:146541)   #73
Redneck
Racer

I have tickets to the USGP and fully plan on attending. If nothing else, to show my defiance to those who think they can stop us.