Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 4 Apr 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3968535)   #2351
rolanddavid
Rookie

rolanddavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lola T142 tubular chassis repair ?

hello to TenTenths. I am the owner of a crashed Lola T142 and looking for someone who is able to repair the tubular chassis...front and back, some wishbones etc...will send the chassis on a pallet, thanks for infos/help, roland
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4655.JPG  
Old 4 Apr 2020, 21:27 (Ref:3968672)   #2352
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello Roland,
I know someone here in England who had his 142 restored about 8 years ago.
The car is stunning.
If you wish, please pm me your email address and I will send it to him for him to respond.
This is his Lola:

Secondly you could consider Sean at McClurg motorsport who I know well and who has worked on my chassis and a great number of other cars from this era of race car design over many years.

sean@McClurgMotorsport.com
Old 9 Apr 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3969576)   #2353
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://youtu.be/KFuZGAW7Eow
Old 10 Apr 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3969720)   #2354
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911thillclimber View Post
It is a very pretty and certainly a highly unique car. We need more like it.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 06:54 (Ref:3980075)   #2355
911thillclimber
Veteran

Well, what a year this will be.

Hillclimbing is starting to go to sleep and restart!
The Motorsport governing body, MSUK, has issued comprehensive guidelines for Organisers, competitor and official and marshals alike which have to be met if you run a meeting from July 4th.

The task is quite something, 2 metres is a real problem and even toilets take on a problem size you can't believe.

The competitor has it easy, just do the sign0n stuff etc on-line, Self certification of the car's safety check (!) so no scrutineering and if you have a crunch the marshals cannot touch you unless all PPE'd.

They will ask you for a thumbs-up from 2 metres and if you can, you signal and get out yourself and keep 2 metres away from the paramedic or whoever.

We have decided to knock it on the head almost for this year unless things change radically for a meeting.
Every club has either cancelled it's meetings or one has opened entries for their July weekend, Shelsley Walsh, but I will leave it.

The car is all ready to go.
Add fuel, blow up the tyres and off it can go.

Not sure I am ready!
Feel very rusty in a quick road car let alone the Lola.

2020, The Year that never Was.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 20:35 (Ref:3980226)   #2356
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Test days and track days are both back in operation. Come on, get some seat time and rekindle your mojo!
I'm just filling in entry forms for the CSCC Thruxton meeting on July 26th, hurrah :-)
Old 5 Jun 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3980271)   #2357
911thillclimber
Veteran

If only it was that simple!

The Lola will only tolerate short hills (cooling) the tyres the same, and the Team Boss will not go close to an area where social distancing is compromised or ignored which will be any hillclimb/sprint!

The cancer and her fears from last year still haunt her.

My club is planning for 2021 and in doing so we are looking to run a 'test' meeting at Loton Park in the end of August to trial the MS uk guidelaines.
This will be a small clubbie, about 80 cars, half the normal entry.

If that goes well, (massive undertaking) then a one-day meeting in the end of Sept which should mark our club's 50th year at Loton.

I expect to do both meets, she has said ok to this!

Fingers crossed for an Indian summer.

Old 5 Jun 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3980301)   #2358
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Curborough for one of the club’s, or Ray Rowan’s, test days?
Old 5 Jun 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3980354)   #2359
911thillclimber
Veteran

TBH, those days leave us cold.
The game for me/us now is to have a good weekend with many people and racing the car is just a fraction of the day, it is the whole experience we enjoy the most.

A meeting all spaced out at 2 metres will look and feel like a queue at Tesco or the Houses of Parliament.

Have now cancelled all Shelsley and Prescott events.
I hope to do the 2 special meetings at Loton purely because I am involved in the CV19 preparations.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3980355)   #2360
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Apologies Graham - I really should have remembered your Team Boss's vulnerability status. Still the two one-dayers sound good and should get you back in the mood for driving at least. I totally agree about the social aspects - or lack of - under the new arrangements, but it seems to me better than having the cars parked up in the garage doing absolutely nothing.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 22:02 (Ref:3980393)   #2361
911thillclimber
Veteran

Absolutely no need to say sorry David, at the moment it is just one of those things.
She is doing well, just a bit nervey of things at the moment.
Old 7 Jun 2020, 05:23 (Ref:3980647)   #2362
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The social aspect isn't too bad. We've done three test days and there's still plenty of opportunities to relax and chat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jul 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3986827)   #2363
911thillclimber
Veteran

The long long wait is ending, actually entering some hillclimbs!

Just entered Shelsley Walsh in mid August, Loton end of Aug and Loton end of Sept.

I'm part of the Loton 'COVID 19' team and getting a meeting going under the current rules is a bit hard to fully comply with, but we are on track so to speak!

Starting to feel excited.

If I get in, Shelsley is not a good place to flex my rusty joints, but it will be good to be out again.
Will need a day to clean the old Lola and start it up, the garage will again smell 'proppa' again with petrol and oils.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 09:18 (Ref:3986923)   #2364
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks forwards to your posts, and I hope you enjoy what's left of the season.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3987011)   #2365
911thillclimber
Veteran

Thank you Mike. Keen to have a go for several reasons, main one is to see everyone!
There are no points to chase, no championship stuff, no trophies etc, just 3 simple clubbie events.
Weather had better get better!

Old 10 Jul 2020, 00:54 (Ref:3987102)   #2366
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
[QUOTE=911thillclimber;3987011]Thank you Mike. Keen to have a go for several reasons, main one is to see everyone!
There are no points to chase, no championship stuff, no trophies etc, just 3 simple clubbie events.

C'mon be positive- there might be a new PB to be had somewhere....
Old 10 Jul 2020, 06:45 (Ref:3987121)   #2367
911thillclimber
Veteran

Ha! I think I need the drive of points to find the mojo for that!
But, you are right.
This shut down had slowed me down in many ways, mostly in the mind as for months there has been no need to do things quickly.
I used to have an acute sense of urgency, annoying many at work (sorry to use a 4 letter word) let alone The Boss.

If I get in, the first 'de-rusting' hill will be Shelsley, not the best place I can think of...

Try looking at this video, advance to #78 yours truly. You can also witness my class mates.....

https://youtu.be/wGCAaEXsd9s?t=1679
Old 5 Aug 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3993163)   #2368
911thillclimber
Veteran

WOW!
Actually got a weekend hillclimbing at Shelsley Walsh on the 15/16 Aug, and a Loton day at the Aug sunday bank holiday, and then another at Loton Sunday 27 Sept!

Just need to find the car under all the debris of a motorcycle restoration, repairs to Porsches and all other mess that has built-up since March.

Feel VERY rusty, but should be fun seeing everyone and getting the helmet back on.
Amazing!

Now, where's the polish?

Old 5 Aug 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3993166)   #2369
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911thillclimber View Post
WOW!
Actually got a weekend hillclimbing at Shelsley Walsh on the 15/16 Aug, and a Loton day at the Aug sunday bank holiday, and then another at Loton Sunday 27 Sept!

Just need to find the car under all the debris of a motorcycle restoration, repairs to Porsches and all other mess that has built-up since March.

Feel VERY rusty, but should be fun seeing everyone and getting the helmet back on.
Amazing!
Just by chance the weekend before last I found a live stream on the Shelsley website of an event they were running. No idea what meeting it was, but they had a number of marque sports cars plus open wheelers of varying engine sizes. Hopefully they might have a live stream running the weekend you are there and I will check it out.

Good luck with it all and hope Mrs 911HC is back to full duties. 3 meetings in six weeks will be a baptism of fire after such a long lay-off but as you say it will be fun and be good to blow the cobwebs out.

Look forward to your updates.

Chris
Old 5 Aug 2020, 21:25 (Ref:3993215)   #2370
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Excellent news - good luck and go well :-)
Old 5 Aug 2020, 21:55 (Ref:3993217)   #2371
911thillclimber
Veteran

Chris, I think Live Stream is normal now on the UK major hills, it is really good. That Shelsley event was their first open event of 2020.

I'm excited and nervy but looking forward to it.
Practice Sat, 'race' Sunday.

Will need a day to get the car ready, then the trailer.

Old 8 Aug 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3993812)   #2372
911thillclimber
Veteran

Worked all day in the Slow-Cook oven of a garage getting the Lola-Porsche ready for the first hillclimb of the year for us and at Shelsley Walsh no less.

Freshly cut slicks, fresh oil in March but never started. Hasn't run since end of last September, but fresh fuel and on the 3rd 3 second churn it fired and ticked over at 1100 rpm, just right.
Got the trailer all cleaned and greased, battery charged, about ready to go!

Old 8 Aug 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3993816)   #2373
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck and enjoy it
Old 14 Aug 2020, 07:31 (Ref:3995332)   #2374
A.C.Clegg
Rookie

A.C.Clegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see your'e out and about!!
Old 14 Aug 2020, 18:28 (Ref:3995429)   #2375
911thillclimber
Veteran

Yes, slightly odd to drive after a full 12 months to Shelsley Walsh today to drop the Lola off, but good to see it all again.
One of my old Saloon class friends has decided to make a return in a Mallock in Sports Libre, so Andrew is with me and a rapid full-spec Radical, dual driven, so 4 in the class.
We have 2 practice runs tomorrow and one Sunday morning before the hammer goes down.

My plan is to simply have a nice weekend, Shelsley is the 'Monte Carlo' of the hills, always full of atmosphere, and I doubt C19 is going to get in the way!
If anyone is following the weekend on live streaming, we are car #51

I have 2 at Loton later then back into hibernation for the car, and back to my Honda restoration for me.

2021 getting closer!