Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 7 Nov 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1454269)   #1
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
EUROCARS has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No SCSA in 2006

Ive ready from another forum that SCSA may not even happen next year. Do you think this will be just a year out or never again ?

Also if SCSA finishes I really hope the Pickups carry on racing at Rockingham.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1454271)   #2
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've been posting this sort of BS yourself in the other forum!

It'll happen.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1454278)   #3
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Calm down, whoever you are reffering to on the other forum is certainly not me.

Anyone got an adult answer ?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1454322)   #4
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt JP would have agreed to having the series next year if it was a proverbial dead duck.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1454337)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
like touring 1?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1454373)   #6
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUROCARS
Ive ready from another forum that SCSA may not even happen next year. Do you think this will be just a year out or never again ?

Also if SCSA finishes I really hope the Pickups carry on racing at Rockingham.
What rubbish you spout. SCSA will happen. All you have posted is anti SCSA. What have you against SCSA? Also what forum did you read this fiction on?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:30 (Ref:1454403)   #7
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Touring 1, or whatever it was, was self-devised by JP. I personally wouldn`t have thought that he would encourage an outsider series to his circuits if he wasn`t confident about it`s stability as a series/championship. I am looking forward to seeing it at Brands next year. And, I dare say, if there are RUMOURS about problems I expect they probably stem from these "road-circuit" events as I`ve read that teams are stating that they will need separate cars for these events - which, incidentally, I really don`t understand at all!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1454404)   #8
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
danieljboys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You obviously have an axe to grind where SCSA is concerned, Eurocars. Several threads started and none of them have anything positive to say about the series. Want to enlighten us as to what it is?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1454418)   #9
Rockfan
Rookie

England
Near Rockingham
Rockfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just don't respond to this type of question. It is not worth discussing at all.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1454419)   #10
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
Good point, Rockfan.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1454425)   #11
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
I have every right to start threads about SCSA. Some are good , some are bad. People need to chill.

My first post in this thread said that from another forum there was talk SCSA was ending. Which is true. So I really don't understand what you problem is.

In your world, all posts should be like this -

SCSA is the best championship ever, Best managmet ever, best drivers, but that would be lies. Perhaps you shpuld stick to the SCSA forum and stop coming in this forum and bullying me.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1454430)   #12
Rockfan
Rookie

England
Near Rockingham
There is no problem, apart from the link to this wonderful information you are quoting, please show the official link.

I stand by my comment.

We should all leave this until next year when SCSA returns.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1454432)   #13
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all have the right to be on this forum providing we stick to the rules. But with Eurocars or what ever he calls himself he is talking rubbish about SCSA and we have the right to respond and criticise. This applies to everybody. I use the SCSA forum and have seen very personal attacks on some members by trolls which I deplore
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1454438)   #14
Rockfan
Rookie

England
Near Rockingham
No Troll here, and ok reply by all means, but this just encourages the tale of SCSA demise, which is not true, so with a link to so call statement of not returning please.

I am not bullying either, just think these silly rumours cause trouble that is not required.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1454439)   #15
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
I am curently in the process of gathering evidence to finally show to Rock Spokesman that those person / people who are / is messing about on the SCSA forum are / is not me. Ive tried emailing him but with no response.

Personally I think some of you should be warned for your manner against me. I have said nothing personal to any person on this forum.

Rather than have a conversation some people on here choose to have a personal attack on me.

Just because you have had personal attacks from members of other forums does not mean you take it out on me.

Now can we stop this, as im here to talk about motorsport not silly little forum disputes.

Im gonna try and get in conatact with Rock Spokesman via telephone so I can sort this little error from him once and for all.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1454561)   #16
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurocars, as someone who doesn't post in this forum, you're over reacting to posts, no one is attacking you. Perhaps you should take in what is being written here, not everyone can be wrong.

As to the topic of the thread, I've not heard that SCSA is being canned in 06, only that the series is going to be split between the Ovals and the Road Courses.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1454603)   #17
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Ok jase I appologise
Old 7 Nov 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1454673)   #18
Mike Holmes
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Mike Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew before I even read the posts who was likely to start this, It's about time you grew up and went and bashed some other topic, there are a group of people who are currently doing everything possible to put together a good series for next year. teams are committed to make it work and there are a number of new drivers who have put their money where their mouth is!. And before you say that I don't know what I am talking about I was Team Manager for West-tec this year so I do have a slight feel for what is going on. Stop bashing SCSA! Pick-ups will not survive without it, both need each other to make the package work.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1454689)   #19
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
First of all ive been watching pickups since the start in 1997, I can assure you they will survive if SCSA goes poo. They have been racing up and down the country on road courses for years. Plus they have Mallory for oval action.

But its ashame that another SCSA fan chooses to personally attack people rather than discuss the subject sensibly or not at all.

What drivers have put there money where there mouth is for 2006, excluding Duncan Gray's team which has no spnsorship at the moment ?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1454696)   #20
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUROCARS
First of all ive been watching pickups since the start in 1997, I can assure you they will survive if SCSA goes poo. They have been racing up and down the country on road courses for years. Plus they have Mallory for oval action.

But its ashame that another SCSA fan chooses to personally attack people rather than discuss the subject sensibly or not at all.
I can't see a personal attack on you in any post. We are still waiting for you to say what forum that nthe rumour about next year was on
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1454700)   #21
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
I really dont think the cars are going to look impressive enough on Road Courses to convert people so they then come to Rockingham to see them in their natural habitat. With the time and resourses available to the teams, to get the cars to turn right at a reasonable speed is going to take some doing. Yes, NASCAR do it, with purpose built cars with 850hp, I think the phrase "like watching paint dry" being used quite a bit as 10 SCSA cars tootle round Brands. 15 to 20 cars round Hednesford, Ipswich or Warneton now we're talking.....
Thats from a member of an SCSA team. looks promosing

If people watch SCSA for the first time at Brands and its like paint drying, there not gonna travel 100 miles up the motorway to Rockingham.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1454703)   #22
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
What have you, Eurocars, got against SCSA?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1454727)   #23
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Well I don't like the way it has been run from 2001 - 2005, I can't go into details without being slightly personal towards some people. So I won't to avoid arguments.

I'm a very very passionate motorsport fan. I will always speak my mind. I gave ASCAR a chance and I even watched every round up untill the first round this year. Just kept getting disapointed. I will air my views as I have the right to. I personally think SCSA is doomed, I feel with the amount of motorsport I have seen over the years my opnion counts. I'm not an armchair enthsiast, I see the real thing week in week out.

You also have the right to your views.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1454750)   #24
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
I have been involved with SCSA as an Observer since May 2001 and have found the way it is run to be very professional considering that SCSA is the first UK championship to race on a Speedway type oval since 1939 ( I don't count Mallory as an oval as it has run off on the outside so it is an oval shaped road course) so they are still learning. It takes a long time to gain the knowledge needed to run an oval meeting. Yes they had help from the USA and prior to Rockingham there was only one person in the UK to my knowledge who had experiance as an official on a Speedway. The team at Rockingham and SCSA are still learning and will make mistakes as do every other race circuit in the world. I know that NASCAR are impressed with SCSA in its short history. You have to give a brand new TYPE of racing ( US Stock car racing was a brand new type in the UK) a few years to bed in so that everyone can get used to it. Drivers come and go as in any championship

The main problem I have found is that the MSA want SCSA to run like a road course event which is can't be done on a Speedway due to the constant high speeds. Up until this year the Observers could not call for yellow they could only recommend one. This year we called for yellows direct with a triple yellow call. That is an improvement. I don't think that you are fully aware of what goes on behind the scenes. I don't but even after the 4th full season we are still making suggestions for improvements to be considered, but it takes time for these to be implemented because various things have to be considered before putting it to the MSA for final approval.

By the way we are still waiting for details of the forum where you say you saw the rumour of No SCSA next year
Old 7 Nov 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1454800)   #25
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
Eurocars,

Given the number of threads you have started about SCSA on this forum, you obviously have some strong opinions about this Championship. So...

1./ You've said you don't like the way that the series has been run - without mentioning individuals can you outline what you don't like about it?

2./ What changes would YOU propose to make the series (in your view) a success?

3./ As per previous replies, can you post the link that suggests SCSA won't be running next year?
Closed Thread