Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 30 Nov 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2344137)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
The weight gets lifted off your shoulders

Today I had my final round of the year at my local club.

The deal was this , you get 15 points if you win the day.
I was running 4th in championship and the guy in 3rd I was only 14 points behind and he wasnt running today due to an injury (broken ribs from a crash a few weeks back)

So I had to go out and win the weekend to claim 3rd in the championship and earn a nice big trophy.

Well to cut a long story short that didnt happen but I sit here now feeling a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders because I had my first ever win

ok it was only a heat race but i still won a race and I was easilly the quickest guy out there today.

15 karts in my class (TAG Restricted) not a massive field but easilly the biggest one we have had all year. (not bad for a country region)

I started heat 1 from pole and easilly jumped into the lead and was thinking this is easy , i am gonna win this......until lap 3 when the kart coughed and then fired back to life (I thought , that was strange but continued) only for 3 corners later to have the thing completly cut out on me and I rolled onto the infield and into retirement.

I had fried my battery (Its a problem I have been having since day 1 with this kart) so bad luck there for me.

Heat 2 I had a fully charged battery on board and I was starting 6th , I managed to work my way through the field and take my first ever victory since I started karting (2 years 10 years ago and this is my 4th meeting back after a 10 year break)

Heat 3 I was starting 8th and found it hard but worked my way through and finished 4th

Pre final I started 5th and worked my way through to 2nd place and it almost a photo finish for first but he beat me by half a kart length.

The final wasnt so great I started 5th again and struggled to get into 4th and then ran down the 3 leaders , I was all over them and faster than them when the kart started coughing again and only got worse. I lost so much power it was gonna be dangerous for the guys behind so I pulled it in to retire (Damm battery again)
I guess I finished 5th or 6th overall for the day so not spectacular but I am happy I finally won a race and it just seems like a weight has been lifted off me because it just came easy for me after that and i was very quick indeed.

Im happy , my family is happy and all I can say is bring on 2009
Old 1 Dec 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2344981)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Marcus - I won my first championship at the end of last month - now that is a weight off ones shoulders! Especially when you win the championship by 4 points in the last race of the day after 557 points plus a dropped round! The maths is intolerable...

Last edited by ghinzani; 1 Dec 2008 at 16:22.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 06:15 (Ref:2349379)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
It sure is Pier Carlo

Ive managed to finish 4th in the championship in my first year back (and only did half the year)

Im hapy with a race win but a championship OMG my bank balance (and my misses) couldnt stand it LOL