Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Nov 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3164812)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
The Daytona 24 grid is looking pretty solid. I think the question is, how many of those entries are going to be full season... with the merger talks a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork to do one-off races in both series next year....

-mike
That is what I kind of thought 2013 would look like for both series, upset that it looks like I'll be missing the Road Atlanta round of GA. But the trade-off of my first F1 GP might make it worth missing. Making me consider getting cable again to catch the GA season and Sebring plus I'd guess Speed/FoxSports will try to get the new series.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3164826)   #27
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
40 Dempsey Mazda?
41 Dempsey Mazda?
Nobody told them yet.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3164868)   #28
Ncrdbl1
Rookie

Ncrdbl1 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
DP:
01 Ganassi BMW/Riley
02 Ganassi BMW/Riley
2 Starworks Ford/Riley
5 AER Corvette DP
6 MSR Ford/Riley
7 Starworks Ford/Riley
8 Starworks Ford/Riley
9 AER Corvette DP
10 WTR Corvette DP
42 Sahlen's BMW/Riley
43 Sahlen's BMW/Riley
60 MSR Ford/Riley
76 Krohn Ford/Lola?
90 SoD Corvette DP
99 GBSR Corvette DP
X Potolicchio Corvette DP
X Matt Connelly Chevy/Riley?

GT
03 ESM Ferrari
12 Alliance Porsche?
17 Burtin Porsche
18 Muhlner USA Porsche
19 Muhlner USA Porsche
20 Engstler/Mitchum Porsche
22 Bullett Porsche
23 AJR Porsche
24 AJR/ Competition Porsche?
30 NGT Porsche?
31 NGT Porsche?
32 Orbit Porsche?
34 Orbit Porsche?
36 Yellow Dragon RX-8?
44 Magnus Porsche
46 Baughman Corvette
48 Paul Miller Porsche? (Selling the car?)
51 APR Audi
55 Acumen Porsche?
56 AF Waltrip Ferrari
57 Stevenson Camaro
59 Brumos Porsche
62 Scuderia Corse Ferrari
63 Scuderia Corse Ferrari?
64 TRG Porsche?
65 TRG Porsche?
66 TRG Porsche
67 TRG Porsche
68 TRG Porsche
69 AIM/FXDD Ferrari
73 Horton/Park Place Dealers Porsche
82 Dick Greer Porsche
87 Racer's Edge Viper???
93 Turner M3
94 Turner M3
X Flying Lizards? DP possible?
X Matt Connelly Porsche/GTO/Camaro?

GX
X McMahon Lotus
38 BGB Cayman
40 Dempsey Mazda?
41 Dempsey Mazda?
70 Speedsource Mazda
71 Speedsource Mazda?
74 Horton/Luna-C Cayman

60ish? We'll be lucky to get all listed above, particularly the '?' entries. But drop a couple as pure rumors and they could be replaced by other rumors, including Aston Martin.

Chris

Looks as if Connolly had everything on stand by until after the election to due to his run for the state Senate. Notice he mentioned Chevy Riley and not Corvette. So likely they will be gen 2 cars. So that will mean 5 new DPs to the series. Think it will be possible that 13 or more may attempt the majority of the season. Not sure if there will be three Starworks for Daytona due to
Potolicchio. Possible that Starworks could be a single car team for the full series, MAYBE 2 cars. They did list a single car for next week's test but it is no longer on the list of cars scheduled.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3164872)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdbl1 View Post

Looks as if Connolly had everything on stand by until after the election to due to his run for the state Senate. Notice he mentioned Chevy Riley and not Corvette. So likely they will be gen 2 cars. So that will mean 5 new DPs to the series. Think it will be possible that 13 or more may attempt the majority of the season. Not sure if there will be three Starworks for Daytona due to
Potolicchio. Possible that Starworks could be a single car team for the full series, MAYBE 2 cars. They did list a single car for next week's test but it is no longer on the list of cars scheduled.
DP car counts are looking up this coming season. Dagys at Speed said he will have a "silly season" car count article out soon. But he expects 10-14 full season DP's.

Unfortunately I also read somewhere that Ford won't be debuting DP bodywork this year. So will any other companies have DP bodywork? or will it just be Corvette and generic Riley again?
Old 10 Nov 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3164873)   #30
Ncrdbl1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That is what I kind of thought 2013 would look like for both series, upset that it looks like I'll be missing the Road Atlanta round of GA. But the trade-off of my first F1 GP might make it worth missing. Making me consider getting cable again to catch the GA season and Sebring plus I'd guess Speed/FoxSports will try to get the new series.
Think the series may be moved over to FUEL after next season. Several events on FUEL now are scheduled to make the move to Fox Sports 1.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3164876)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

60ish? We'll be lucky to get all listed above, particularly the '?' entries. But drop a couple as pure rumors and they could be replaced by other rumors, including Aston Martin.

Chris
I guess I should start complaining that 60 cars is too many to run at Road ATL.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3164908)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yep.

L.P.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3164909)   #33
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't think there'll be much more than 30 cars for the non-Daytona rounds...
Old 10 Nov 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3164930)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Just imagine the Conti challenge field running at Road Atlanta. How many laps between caution flags for them? Smallest field I saw was 60 for the season, even the split race had 60 at Lime Rock (33 ST and 27 GS). That could make for a LONG slow race with the aggression it sounds like they drive with every race.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3164933)   #35
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You’re getting a year ahead of yourself. In 2013, no. In 2014, after the merger, 50 to 60 cars is quite possible -- and not just for Daytona or Sebring.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3164937)   #36
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So I posted Daytona earlier, this is what I expect for NAEC and full season.

DP:
01 Ganassi BMW/Riley
02 Ganassi BMW/Riley?
2 Starworks Ford/Riley
5 AER Corvette DP
8 Starworks Ford/Riley?
9 AER Corvette DP
10 WTR Corvette DP
42 Sahlen's BMW/Riley
43 Sahlen's BMW/Riley
60 MSR Ford/Riley
90 SoD Corvette DP
99 GBSR Corvette DP
X Potolicchio Corvette DP

GT
31 Marsh Corvette
44 Magnus Porsche
51 APR Audi
57 Stevenson Camaro
59 Brumos Porsche
62 Scuderia Corse Ferrari
63 Scuderia Corse Ferrari?
66 TRG Porsche
67 TRG Porsche? (NAEC)
68 TRG Porsche? (NAEC)
69 AIM/FXDD Ferrari
73 Horton/Park Place Dealers Porsche
87 Racer's Edge RX-8???
94 Turner M3
X Matt Connelly Porsche?
X Aston Martin?

GX
X McMahon Lotus?
38 BGB Cayman?
40 Dempsey Mazda?
41 Dempsey Mazda? (Funding is an issue for the team, at least on the P2 side. Does Mazda pay for the Dempsey name?)
70 Speedsource Mazda
71 Speedsource Mazda?
74 Horton/Luna-C Cayman

As with the Ford DP, I expect we lose out on Aston in the big class due to merger uncertainty.

Chris
Old 10 Nov 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3164939)   #37
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
#52 R8 GRAND-AM again with "Audi of America" banner next weekend at Daytona's test days. Audi seems to be taking the Rolex Series really serious now!
Old 10 Nov 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3164942)   #38
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdbl1 View Post
Think the series may be moved over to FUEL after next season. Several events on FUEL now are scheduled to make the move to Fox Sports 1.
How about Canada and the rest of the world - online streaming?
Old 10 Nov 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3164972)   #39
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
How about Canada and the rest of the world - online streaming?
I believe Fuel TV is available in Canada, of course when OLN became Versus, OLN Canada didn't follow suit. Perhaps Canada will be treated like an overseas market the way it was by ALMS starting in 2011, and when GALMS announces its global distribution package Sportsnet will be named as a partner with Motors, ESPN South America and such. Regardless, I hope that streaming remains a part of the package in future, though.

Chris
Old 11 Nov 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3165168)   #40
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
So apparently Doran's DP which stood in Dr.Jim Lowe's basement(!) for the last couple of months is on the way back to the Doran shop where it will be updated to Gen3 specs, probably with Riley bodywork.

I guess that means they'll do at least Daytona and probably the NAEC.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3165210)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
So apparently Doran's DP which stood in Dr.Jim Lowe's basement(!) for the last couple of months is on the way back to the Doran shop where it will be updated to Gen3 specs, probably with Riley bodywork.

I guess that means they'll do at least Daytona and probably the NAEC.
Interesting. I thought the Dorian car is a Dallara?
Old 11 Nov 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3165213)   #42
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Interesting. I thought the Dorian car is a Dallara?
It's bascially an improved version of the old Doran JE4 with Dallara bodywork. The actual Dallaras were quite different from it underneath the skin.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3165243)   #43
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would help, at least aesthetically, to have more than just two bodywork options for DPG3.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3165533)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Dagys has just posted his silly-season list of entries for 2013:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-heating-up/P1

Potentially 3 makes in the GX class: Porsche, Mazda, Lotus
GT might see the likes of Porsche, Chevy (Camero and Corvette), BMW, Ferrari, Audi, and Aston Martin?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3168261)   #45
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope there will be body work for new manufacturers. Maybe Ford would resume the Ford GT and the Aston Marting will resume a vantage or a DBR9. That would be awesome. I hope that DP will evolve towards be something like japan gt500.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3168595)   #46
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
It would help, at least aesthetically, to have more than just two bodywork options for DPG3.
Should have been 3, but Ford decided to put theirs on hold for 2014.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3168925)   #47
Ncrdbl1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Should have been 3, but Ford decided to put theirs on hold for 2014.
There are 4 body styles available if people choose to run them. You have the Corvette which is ran on all three chassis. Then each chassis has their own generic body style. As it is right now the only Dallara and Coyote chassis running are running the Corvette body. We very well could see a Ford powered Dallara this year.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3168945)   #48
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Gainsco/Bob Stallings ran a Riley-Corvette? I looked around on line and don't see where they have switched.

Last edited by Maelochs; 20 Nov 2012 at 09:04.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3168968)   #49
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah the Gainsco Corvette is a Riley.

I'm pretty sure that each chassis manufacturer doesn't have its own generic bodywork, unless you are counting the DPG2 bodywork. The Coyote chassis is sort of the "official" Corvette chassis so it is only the Corvette, and the only DPG3 Dallara running is the Taylor car so it would be silly for Dallara to develop new bodywork for theirs.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3169369)   #50
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
Yeah the Gainsco Corvette is a Riley.

I'm pretty sure that each chassis manufacturer doesn't have its own generic bodywork, unless you are counting the DPG2 bodywork. The Coyote chassis is sort of the "official" Corvette chassis so it is only the Corvette, and the only DPG3 Dallara running is the Taylor car so it would be silly for Dallara to develop new bodywork for theirs.
Correct. Jim Lowe's Doran-Dallara should be getting DPG3 upgrades, bodywork TBD. Honestly I'm hoping for generic Doran-Dallara bodywork for something different to look at.

Chris