Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Jul 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3278359)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ALMS Round 5: Mosport

I know Joeb usually starts race threads, but we only have five days until the race.
Smaller field for this round but I'm sure there will plenty to talk about.

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

ESPN3 Video (Qualifying and Race)

ALMS Video

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Weather

World Times

Last edited by joeb; 16 Jul 2013 at 18:25. Reason: Added Links
Old 16 Jul 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3278370)   #2
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Hm, no track action until Saturday. Is ALMS sharing the weekend? Noise rules?
Old 16 Jul 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3278372)   #3
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ALMS is on track Friday for a test session. Support events are on track Thursday.

http://imsaracing.net/2013/events/10...upp%20Regs.pdf
Old 16 Jul 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3278402)   #4
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any news on who will be replacing Ryan Briscoe at Level 5 for this weekend??

I have not heard anything, except that Briscoe will not be ready to race this weekend.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3278404)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Enjoy the event everyone, first time in a decade or so that I'll miss Mosport. Seems strange.

-> Daughter in Ontario Cup for soccer this weekend. (Provincial championships)
Old 16 Jul 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3278405)   #6
Frank Grimes
Rookie

Frank Grimes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there Thursday AM. As I used to say on the old ALMS fans forum, I'll be the 40ish guy with the beer belly wearing some sort of racing hat/shirt. Very likely to have a beer in my hand. If you see me, stop for a chat.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3278411)   #7
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget about the pickems from the almsfans forum. You can access it here:

http://daronhume.com/blog/
Old 16 Jul 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3278413)   #8
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will probably need from now until Saturday to decide on my P1 pick ....
Old 16 Jul 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3278420)   #9
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it... why no Risi?
Old 16 Jul 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3278424)   #10
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
damage from lime rock
Old 16 Jul 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3278440)   #11
barumba
Rookie

Canada
Bradford, Ontario, Canada
barumba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Grimes View Post
I'll be there Thursday AM. As I used to say on the old ALMS fans forum, I'll be the 40ish guy with the beer belly wearing some sort of racing hat/shirt. Very likely to have a beer in my hand. If you see me, stop for a chat.
Hey, wait just a minute there, Frank! That's me your talking about. Oh, never mind. Wrong guy, sort of. I'm 62 and all of the above, and I'll have a little white dog dragging me around. See you there!
Old 16 Jul 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3278451)   #12
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conway replacing Briscoe for Mosport: http://www.racer.com/mike-conway-to-...rticle/303284/
Old 16 Jul 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3278452)   #13
barumba
Rookie

Canada
Bradford, Ontario, Canada
barumba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No TV coverage again. Local that is. Bell Sat does not carry ESPN2, Bell Internet does not stream ESPN3 nor do they carry the Xbox Live stream. And no one bothered to set up a TV network cover ($$$). Boo hoo. I was hoping to record the race while at the track, but no dice. I guess I'll just have to pay attention, though that might be difficult. What with anticipation of having consumed mass quantities of beer. :-(
Old 16 Jul 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3278453)   #14
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barumba View Post
I was hoping to record the race while at the track, but no dice.
They've been quick lately to upload the complete qualifying and race coverage on their youtube channel (ALMSOfficialVideos) (I don't know which of the two presenter tag-teams they're uploading though). So by the time you're sober again, they might've already done that.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3278473)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I know Joeb usually starts race threads, but we only have five days until the race.
Smaller field for this round but I'm sure there will plenty to talk about.
No problem! I have added the usual links to the first post.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3278476)   #16
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's been Creamer and Shaw, and whoever else, on the race feeds. So, for the race, it's the webcast version that gets posted.

I wish they would have left the ESPN and RLM guys together. Let the ESPN crew do the telecasts, and John and Jeremy do the webcasts.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3278483)   #17
PatrickB
Rookie

Canada
Nanaimo BC
PatrickB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barumba View Post
No TV coverage again. Local that is. Bell Sat does not carry ESPN2, Bell Internet does not stream ESPN3 nor do they carry the Xbox Live stream. And no one bothered to set up a TV network cover ($$$). Boo hoo. I was hoping to record the race while at the track, but no dice. I guess I'll just have to pay attention, though that might be difficult. What with anticipation of having consumed mass quantities of beer. :-(
Same here Shaw Direct has nothing... The USCR beter not forget about us Canadian fans next year. Fingers crossed that FoxSports 1 will be covering all races 100% next year and be broadcast across Canada.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3278534)   #18
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are any 10-Tenths participants attending the event and interested in a Falken paddock tour? I'm not finalizing the team schedule until tomorrow morning and can put something in if there's interest.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3278539)   #19
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Are any 10-Tenths participants attending the event and interested in a Falken paddock tour? I'm not finalizing the team schedule until tomorrow morning and can put something in if there's interest.
Sorry for a lame question, but how does it work?

I'm considering attending the race, and I haven't been to Mosport yet - what are the best view spots?
Old 17 Jul 2013, 00:11 (Ref:3278562)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ALMS Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths, is now online. Hot off the press with the TRG #68 drivers which were announced earlier.

Drissi car livery TBC (another film) and one seat at PR-1

Download at www.spotterguides.com

(ELMS Spotter Guide avail on Thurs)
Old 17 Jul 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3278570)   #21
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
Conway replacing Briscoe for Mosport: http://www.racer.com/mike-conway-to-...rticle/303284/

Thanks for the update. Great news. Really like Mike Conway as a driver. Saw him win 2 Formula Renault races at Croft in England way back in 2004.

Also awesome to see Ryan Dalziel and Alex Popow in the TRG Porsche. I now know who I will be cheering for in that class.

Also hoping that maybe another Canadian might be drafted in as co-driver with Mike Guasch in the PR1 Mathiasen entry.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3278573)   #22
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Sorry for a lame question, but how does it work?

I'm considering attending the race, and I haven't been to Mosport yet - what are the best view spots?
If you have never been to Mosport and live in Toronto, YOU HAVE TO GET UP THERE THIS WEEKEND!!

You will likely see a run-away overall for the race win with Graf and Luhr in the Muscle Milk entry, but the battles in the other classes will be great. And, if anything happens to the Graf/Luhr entry, you will likely see an LMP2 car take the overall honours.

As for the best viewing spots, well, take your pic. There are tons to choose from. The outside of Corners 1, 2 and 3 are all excellent. The viewing hill on the inside of the circuit between Turns 2 and 3 is also very, very good. The hairpin is now a fully sculpted ampitheatre with space for what I estimate to be about 15,000 people, with a proper paved access road and huge parking lot down on corner 4. The outside of the backstretch at Turn 7 is amazing for pure speed and you can see a long section of the Andretti Straightaway. And, the raised viewing area between Corners 8 and 9 is also fantastic.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3278576)   #23
rwindle
Rookie

United States
Dallas, Texas
rwindle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dalziel and Popow in a GTC car?
Old 17 Jul 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3278584)   #24
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwindle View Post
Dalziel and Popow in a GTC car?
Surprised it doesn't have a Starworks banner on it somewhere...
Old 17 Jul 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3278592)   #25
Mac K
Rookie

Canada
Ontario,Canada
Mac K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
If you have never been to Mosport and live in Toronto, YOU HAVE TO GET UP THERE THIS WEEKEND!!

You will likely see a run-away overall for the race win with Graf and Luhr in the Muscle Milk entry, but the battles in the other classes will be great. And, if anything happens to the Graf/Luhr entry, you will likely see an LMP2 car take the overall honours.

As for the best viewing spots, well, take your pic. There are tons to choose from. The outside of Corners 1, 2 and 3 are all excellent. The viewing hill on the inside of the circuit between Turns 2 and 3 is also very, very good. The hairpin is now a fully sculpted ampitheatre with space for what I estimate to be about 15,000 people, with a proper paved access road and huge parking lot down on corner 4. The outside of the backstretch at Turn 7 is amazing for pure speed and you can see a long section of the Andretti Straightaway. And, the raised viewing area between Corners 8 and 9 is also fantastic.
Amphitheater? Cool