Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Jul 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3278615)   #26
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Surprised it doesn't have a Starworks banner on it somewhere...
Venezuela perhaps. I was tempted to add one on the Spotter Guide just in case. TRG had that branding at one point last year
Old 17 Jul 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3278669)   #27
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure Joey Hand will be back in the #56 BMW this weekend and Leh Keen will be filling in for Bill Sweedler in the #23 Ferrari. I wonder how Ryan and Alex will do in a GTC Porsche?
Old 17 Jul 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3278672)   #28
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'll be there for my first ever trip to Mosport, flying up tomorrow. Will be hanging with Dysonfan and Racer Jason from the old almsfans forum. They host a huge party on Friday and Saturday nights, should be a good time!
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3278776)   #29
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the tours, fans come by, and we let them into the garage area (normally off limits), let them see the car up close, and possibly inside the rig, if possible. If the drivers are around, we bring them out for a few minutes as well.

Wrapping up the final hours in the office. See you there.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3278778)   #30
John Edwards
Rookie

John Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
I'm pretty sure Joey Hand will be back in the #56 BMW this weekend
(Kelly posting for John) Yes, Joey will be back in the 56 BMW at Mosport.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3278790)   #31
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RaceFest in Toronto is ON right now Weds til 1:30

Hey all - RaceFest is on RIGHT NOW in Yonge-Dundas Square in downtown Toronto if you're nearby. Until 1:30 PM (Eastern, natch).

One Corvette doing pit stops, with Ron Fellows lighting up the tires as he did in previous years. One Delta Wing, a couple of Porsches (look like GT3 Cup Canada or IMSA GT3 Cup cars maybe, I didn't look closely) and a Mazda MX3 Cup car.

Autograph session at 1:00 PM - Andy Meyrick, Katherine Legge, Kyle Marcelli, Tony Burgess and a couple of names I didn't recognize (maybe Porsche Cup drivers or something).

So... not very exciting, but better than nothing I guess.

P.S. Up close, the side and rear aero bits of the Delta Wing look like they've been chopped up from spare bits of other cars and bolted on.

Last edited by rwintle; 17 Jul 2013 at 16:39. Reason: Wangsplaining
Old 17 Jul 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3278923)   #32
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
I'm pretty sure Joey Hand will be back in the #56 BMW this weekend and Leh Keen will be filling in for Bill Sweedler in the #23 Ferrari. I wonder how Ryan and Alex will do in a GTC Porsche?
#23 might be a force to be reckoned with! Any idea why Sweedler is sitting out this round?
Old 17 Jul 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3278932)   #33
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
#23 might be a force to be reckoned with! Any idea why Sweedler is sitting out this round?
No passport?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 18 Jul 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3279006)   #34
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Business commitments for the next 2 rounds.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3279008)   #35
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
ALMS Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths, is now online. Hot off the press with the TRG #68 drivers which were announced earlier.

Download at www.spotterguides.com

(ELMS Spotter Guide avail on Thurs)
Guide updated with the expected driver changes at RLL and AJR Ferrai. Also David Cheng is back in at PR-1. Also, livery updates to #7 Tomy Drissi car.

ELMS guide now online
Old 18 Jul 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3279044)   #36
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
FalkenALMS...
I'd absolutely love a tour! I hope that maybe I'm in the right place at the right time?

Also...

Is there camping on the outside of Moss Corner? This race has been an annual pilgrimage of mine, but I've never really wandered beyond the final and first turns. I like to stay close to the paddock. Always camped on the outside of T1. But this year I'd like to try something different. Will be arriving on Friday and tenting until Monday.

(I started a thread in Trackside way back in April asking for advice, with not a single reply).

I'm so hyped about this weekend. While driving to work along the QEW on Sunday, I saw the Tequila Petron transporters and mobile home passing in the opposite direction, heading toward the track. I was giddy with excitement!
Old 18 Jul 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3279048)   #37
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Business commitments for the next 2 rounds.
Awesome news for Road America as well then!
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3279085)   #38
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy View Post
FalkenALMS...
I'd absolutely love a tour! I hope that maybe I'm in the right place at the right time?
Make sure you do. For my girlfriend and me it was probably the most memorable bit of our Sebring trip this year.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3279099)   #39
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Surprised it doesn't have a Starworks banner on it somewhere...
Sorry if I missed some news along the way....but what's up with Ryan and his SRT deal ?
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3279115)   #40
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy View Post
FalkenALMS...

Also...

Is there camping on the outside of Moss Corner? This race has been an annual pilgrimage of mine, but I've never really wandered beyond the final and first turns. I like to stay close to the paddock. Always camped on the outside of T1. But this year I'd like to try something different. Will be arriving on Friday and tenting until Monday.
There hasn't been camping outside of Moss Corner that I can recall, but then access to Moss has never been easy, at least until now. Maybe this year will be different, but it isn't a place I'd want to camp anyway... far too many people around.

I would recommend wandering the track, as there are some fantastic viewpoints, and you will get a different perspective on the track if you do. I would also recommend doing a track walk at the end of the day. There is no way you can appreciate a track until you've walked it.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3279125)   #41
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22 View Post
Sorry if I missed some news along the way....but what's up with Ryan and his SRT deal ?

I suspect nothing. He his SRT's 3rd driver, which isn't needed this weekend. I'm sure SRT are OK with this as its not in direct competition, being in a different class
Old 18 Jul 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3279131)   #42
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I suspect nothing. He his SRT's 3rd driver, which isn't needed this weekend. I'm sure SRT are OK with this as its not in direct competition, being in a different class
That's right.....thanks.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3279701)   #43
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
And, improbable as it may seem, the Delta Wing was second fastest in this morning's practice session, a full second ahead of Mike Conway in the fastest of the P2 cars...

Very fast in LMPC were Kyle Marcelli (4th overall) and Renger van der Zande (6th overall).

A brief summary from ALMS is available here.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3279710)   #44
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, local boy Kyle Marcelli knows his way around Mosport... faster than all but the Muscle Milk HPD, the Delta Wing (surprise! - although granted Andy Meyrick knows what he's doing) and Mike Conway in one of the P2 Level 5 HPD's. I'm a bit surprised by that last, thought Marino Franchitti would be faster given his much greater experience at that track. Not to knock Conway, who can be a speed demon on road courses in IndyCar.

There is another Dyson car, right? Why wasn't it on track, does anybody know?

In GT, the usual mix of BMW and Corvette and Viper. Notably slow were Townsend Bell in the Ferrari, and both Porsches right at the bottom of the heap. Somewhat old 997's, granted.

Last edited by rwintle; 20 Jul 2013 at 15:48. Reason: GT
Old 20 Jul 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3279713)   #45
GXclasschamp
Rookie

GXclasschamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post

There is another Dyson car, right? Why wasn't it on track, does anybody know?
Nope. Just one car with seat rentals and ride buyers the rest of the season. The old B/16 chassis was sold off apparently.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3279741)   #46
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXclasschamp View Post
Nope. Just one car with seat rentals and ride buyers the rest of the season. The old B/16 chassis was sold off apparently.
Wow. Thanks for updating me... sad to hear... what a complete joke P1 in ALMS has become. Meant in the nicest, "I'm a fan who is sad at the state of affairs" kinda way.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3279743)   #47
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Wow. Thanks for updating me... sad to hear... what a complete joke P1 in ALMS has become. Meant in the nicest, "I'm a fan who is sad at the state of affairs" kinda way.
Rebellion is still supposed to contest a few more races this year.
Road America, COTA and Petit LeMans.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3279752)   #48
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I believe it's supposed to be Smith/ Mowlem at VIR, and Smith/ Dyson /(maybe) Mowlem at Petit Le Mans.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3279762)   #49
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sold to a collector or will we see it again?
Old 20 Jul 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3279771)   #50
GXclasschamp
Rookie

GXclasschamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Sold to a collector or will we see it again?
No clue, just repeating typical 3rd hand internet hearsay.

It's an old, uncompetitive chassis that I don't think is eligible for any grandfathering anyway and spares are pretty much nonexistant, so I'd doubt you'd see much from it.