Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3306122)   #26
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I'll probably be looking for a fairly quiet, family-friendly area. Which would be the best for that?
I would look for a spot that has some trees next to it and pitch the tent as far in the woods as you can get it. Stuff in some ear stopples from the drug store at nite and you will be fine. If you tent camp out in the grass areas , you run a risk of a camper pulling up and running a straight pipe generator all night. Maybe bring a swing blade to do a little woods clearing. Oh , and ant spray.

So I would start looking in the area between turns 3 and 5 first. I have even noticed a few pretty good camp sites in the woods along side the road that connects turn 2 to the turn 5 area.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3306178)   #27
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the more important question is, where will all the ladies be camping lol
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3306181)   #28
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
I think the more important question is, where will all the ladies be camping lol
I think I know where they won't be.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3306253)   #29
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Another hint... wear clothes, especially, shoes that you don't mind turning orange from the red clay. Not as bad as it used to be, but if it is dry, you will get the dust and if raining, you will get the mud. It's always a reminder months later of your trip to RA as you find red dust or mud hanging around.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3306290)   #30
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Another hint... wear clothes, especially, shoes that you don't mind turning orange from the red clay. Not as bad as it used to be, but if it is dry, you will get the dust and if raining, you will get the mud. It's always a reminder months later of your trip to RA as you find red dust or mud hanging around.
Maybe I'd better not take my white Falken T-shirt!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3306386)   #31
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I called Road Atlanta today.

TICKETS ARE ORDERED!

Old 20 Sep 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3306397)   #32
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fine investment. You will be officially a part of history!

Enjoy every decibel.

Only one secret, turn 6 at 7:55 p.m. at Thurs. nite practice.
Stand there for 30 mins and record how many times you say - OMG !
Old 20 Sep 2013, 03:59 (Ref:3306439)   #33
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Well, I called Road Atlanta today.

TICKETS ARE ORDERED!

This should be a great race!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3306700)   #34
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Fine investment. You will be officially a part of history!

Enjoy every decibel.

Thanks! Really looking forward to night practice! I've always heard that it's awesome!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3307034)   #35
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
See you there!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3307079)   #36
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I can confirm having missed flagging at turn 7 last year, I am coming back for this year's race.

So look out for the flying wheelchair one more time

Old 21 Sep 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3307179)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awesome, Steve! Glad you are going to make it this year. It ain't a real PLM without you in T7.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3307465)   #38
canamman
Veteran

United States
K&N Race - 3:30 p.m. Friday

K&N Race - 3:30 p.m. Friday

I was doing some studying up on the K&N series.
Really excited to see how these young drivers
handle a road course , for many of them, their first time.
Green flag at turn 2 and 3 should be exciting.

Couple of young ladies in the 21 and 34 cars.

Here is the link: http://hometracks.nascar.com/drivers/7
Old 23 Sep 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3307913)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm curious to see them as well, think practice 1 will be at T4 unless I really feel like an early breakfast, but one session has to be split between 1 and 10 and with 3 sessions on Thurs I'll have time to move around. Will be interesting to see how oval track drivers handle braking for both high and low speed corners since this is the only road course of their season. They have a decent mix from a flat .25 mile (that's got to be TOUGH) up to Daytona, Bristol and Richmond. I'm hoping since it's the last race and they have all run together all season they can spread out for practice 1 and get the feel of the track and their cars. Let them mix it up in later sessions but track time is vital to get a good race Fri, and good length with 90 minutes to start at T1 and catch some at T10.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 01:34 (Ref:3307917)   #40
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Will be interesting to see how oval track drivers handle braking for both high and low speed corners since this is the only road course of their season.
K&N ran VIR last month. They handled themselves quite well- very little carnage.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3307919)   #41
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I go I'll just hang out at the campsite at turn 10 for the support stuff. There's usually a high amount of drivers messing up there in the minor series. Plus, my beer will be close.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3307922)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane View Post
K&N ran VIR last month. They handled themselves quite well- very little carnage.
Somehow I missed that reading through the schedule, that should make their track time more entertaining and less yellow/red flag.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3308876)   #43
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any thoughts or ideas about possible PLM entries beyond what we saw at the ALMS COTA race(excluding GTC)? Right now I figure just the #12 Lola Toyota and the #98 Aston Martin. But those are two pretty darn good additions.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3308907)   #44
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Any thoughts or ideas about possible PLM entries beyond what we saw at the ALMS COTA race(excluding GTC)? Right now I figure just the #12 Lola Toyota and the #98 Aston Martin. But those are two pretty darn good additions.
Has the 98 been confirmed?

Aren't we also supposed to see the Greaves Zytek too?
Old 25 Sep 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3309234)   #45
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I would really be pleasantly surprised if Rebellion showed up. I thought with their recent announcements they have officially declared no more U.S. racing. It wouldn't make sense for them to ship half the team across the world for nostalgia's sake.

I would think the Aston has a better chance as perhaps a way to get their feet wet for next year. Maybe less so with the potential P2 entries.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3309270)   #46
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
I can confirm having missed flagging at turn 7 last year, I am coming back for this year's race.

So look out for the flying wheelchair one more time

Steve, I believe we'll be camping along the fence near T7 again this year. If we see you, we'll stop by and say hello.

Andy Flinn
Old 30 Sep 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3310915)   #47
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Just 2 weeks to go before I fly over - getting excited!!!!!
Old 30 Sep 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3310995)   #48
leftandright
Rookie

United States
Central TX
leftandright should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve, you were there in print (and spirit I'm sure) last year, Ben printed up a lifesize cutout replica of you and put you in a chair so you could watch from the station (you probably saw the pics I imagine). I'm not able to make it this year to flag, have fun!

They took the youngest flagger on the team, his first pro event, and made him lay down on the pavement just past the line for the photogs, traced him out in chalk with a camera outline also, and whenever a photog would start to inch past we'd point at the deadman outline. That crew is a blast to work with. They really missed you.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3311156)   #49
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftandright View Post
Steve, you were there in print (and spirit I'm sure) last year, Ben printed up a lifesize cutout replica of you and put you in a chair so you could watch from the station (you probably saw the pics I imagine). I'm not able to make it this year to flag, have fun!

They took the youngest flagger on the team, his first pro event, and made him lay down on the pavement just past the line for the photogs, traced him out in chalk with a camera outline also, and whenever a photog would start to inch past we'd point at the deadman outline. That crew is a blast to work with. They really missed you.
Yes, saw much of the "fun" they had at my expense! And saw my double live during the race when the TV camera was panned onto him and John Hindhaugh told the audience what it was about!!!!

Shame you can't be there ......... having fun is assured.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3311204)   #50
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
To some race news, the Rebellion car will have Heidfeld, Jani and Prost in America for Petit LeMans https://twitter.com/RebellionRacing/...82809693978624