Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Apr 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3899927)   #51
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pre War Entry:

https://www.facebook.com/DoningtonPa...type=3&theater
Old 27 Apr 2019, 09:28 (Ref:3899929)   #52
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So no Special Alvis and Nash of Patch/Fred wins race!

Solved that puzzle.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3900464)   #53
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Burnetts Alta should be in with a shout!!
Old 29 Apr 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3900474)   #54
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Don’t think so.
It’s only been raced twice in seventy years and is slower than a supercharged 2 litre . This one is the unique 2 litre non supercharged Alta and the last ,Chassis No70 ,built before WW2. Five were built , the rest being supercharged.
Gareth will be pleased to know he potentially owns an Alta even if it annoys the actual owner!
He will do well to get in top five but I may be wrong!
Old 29 Apr 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3900483)   #55
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I hope that the traffic control id better than this last weekend. It took us over 1½ hours to get from The Hilton at Junction 24 and into the circuit yesterday morning!
Old 29 Apr 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3900500)   #56
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I hope that the traffic control id better than this last weekend. It took us over 1½ hours to get from The Hilton at Junction 24 and into the circuit yesterday morning!
As I understand it there was an accident somewhere between the M1/A42 and the circuit in the morning that caused a lot of the congestion due to the road being partially blocked.

That and Toyota shelled out tickets for 4500 employees and their families, so that was a potential extra few cars to get in
Old 29 Apr 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3900507)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I discovered last year that you can walk from the airport Premier and Holiday Inns to the circuit without going on the road. Interesting footpath round the perimeter that you wouldn’t even know was there! Mind you, the weather was a bit warmer than the forecast for this weekend, so may not be repeating the experience.....
Old 29 Apr 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3900590)   #58
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thanks guys.

Interesting combo in an RS1600 for the HTCC race!

Still a good entry but missing a lot of Gr.A cars and no G1 Rovers?.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 23:56 (Ref:3900597)   #59
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I discovered last year that you can walk from the airport Premier and Holiday Inns to the circuit without going on the road. Interesting footpath round the perimeter that you wouldn’t even know was there! Mind you, the weather was a bit warmer than the forecast for this weekend, so may not be repeating the experience.....
Was that through the airport to the DHL building or all around the outside?

If all around the outside I'm wondering whether the new distribution centres development on what used to be farm land on the north side of the airport may have ended up encroaching on the path by now. One can never be sure with construction work ... no matter what the plans suggest.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 05:15 (Ref:3900626)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
No, not round the North side, although I did see a path round the perimeter last year. You have to go through the industrial area behind the hotels to start with, past the fire station and TNT building, and then go onto a path in trees between the car parks and A453. Eventually you are on pavement at the roundabout before Castle Donington traffic lights..... Muddy if raining though.

There’s even a duck pond!
Old 30 Apr 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3900642)   #61
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah would like to find that Mike. Half my team are wimps and they are staying in Hotel.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3900643)   #62
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Don’t think so.
It’s only been raced twice in seventy years and is slower than a supercharged 2 litre . This one is the unique 2 litre non supercharged Alta and the last ,Chassis No70 ,built before WW2. Five were built , the rest being supercharged.
Gareth will be pleased to know he potentially owns an Alta even if it annoys the actual owner!
He will do well to get in top five but I may be wrong!
Are you coming John.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3900644)   #63
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah would like to find that Mike. Half my team are wimps and they are staying in Hotel.
Is this it?
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 09.04.40.jpg  
Old 30 Apr 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3900663)   #64
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Is this it?
Some of it! I went through the ind est to Jury’s Inn roundabout, rather than along the A453, but then went SW through the trees and round the south of that short stay car park. It’s not a signed footpath along that bit, but it works. The pond(s) seem to fill from runway and road run off water, which can’t be too contaminated as the ducks seems quite happy!
Old 30 Apr 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3900702)   #65
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I will be there Sunday
Old 30 Apr 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3900703)   #66
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Seems I’m there Saturday not Sunday!
Old 30 Apr 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3900734)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Saturday/Sunday, we shall look forward to seeing you.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3900752)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Best day- if you want to see the Alta racing!

Just got final entry list from GTSCC for our race. 45 cars incl 2 reserves. Only 7 Healey 3000s, 3 E Types and 2 historically quick Morgans in GT3 class to beat.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 30 Apr 2019 at 15:35. Reason: Addition
Old 30 Apr 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3900770)   #69
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Best day- if you want to see the Alta racing!

Just got final entry list from GTSCC for our race. 45 cars incl 2 reserves. Only 7 Healey 3000s, 3 E Types and 2 historically quick Morgans in GT3 class to beat.....
MRL entries on website now.

High 20s for all grids.Shame to see Monteverde has withdrawn from all grids.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3900780)   #70
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saturday for me; camera in hand ...
Old 30 Apr 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3900809)   #71
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sunday this year for me, a lift in an infield club car means less yomping compared to the AMOC meeting
Old 30 Apr 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3900813)   #72
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Want to see the secret driver in Talbot!
Old 30 Apr 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3900814)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Want to see the secret driver in Talbot!
Yes, wondered how GB was going to drive both cars?
Old 2 May 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3901131)   #74
Willmaz223
Veteran

Weather report not the greatest this weekend.

Quite dissapointed as unable to make this one along with Spa Classic which hasn't done wonders to my mood at the moment

Hope all who go have a good weekend.
Old 3 May 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3901451)   #75
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Managed to negotiate my way into the paddock yesterday pm, then of course the heavens broke as I was unloading the car from its cosy nest in the shuttle....

Will be bit on the back foot this morning as the owner broke down en route to Donington and didn’t get here until late eve. Still lots to do.

Meant I got my walk to the hotel regardless, however! Hobsons.... Luckily it was almost sunshine by then.