Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

(NZ) Southern Classic
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

8 Feb 2019 to 10 Feb 2019 07:30 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

2nd of the NZ meetings that includes races for Formula Juniors from the rest of the world.

Old 11 Feb 2019, 05:20 (Ref:3883118)   #61
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Please dont ask me about ballasted coils, Mike, the subject is still……… warm! Not the coil itself of course, but the Ford fancy wiring. Is there a date to release Colin's troubles? Can't wait, too much suspense!
The cars are on their way south to Teratonga, for the 3rd and final races of the adventure next weekend.

Off topic, so apologies to the thread- I dismantled the loom on my RS1600 road car when restoring (and the Gp1 RS2000) and replaced the ballast wire with normal. When BL Mini first used the system (80s) both wires were present, so if you knew, you could just swap to non-ballasted....
Old 24 Mar 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3893113)   #62
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As already mentioned, this weekend was totally frustrating with the car running fine in the paddock then misfiring badly as soon as each race started. Iain & I feverishly replaced everything, begging and borrowing parts until the whole ignition system and most of the fuel system had been replaced with no effect. We conceded defeat after half a lap of the last race and agreed to start afresh at Teretonga. So, not much time to take any pics as we were fully employed scratching heads! However this shot shows how a once orderly pit garage descends into organised chaos during the course of a weekend Wish I'd taken a 'before', pic!
Attached Thumbnails
006.jpg