Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:30 (Ref:155503)   #1
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't ask Jordan to order your curry - you'll be there all night!

What on earth are they doing!

Now its Alesi getting mucked around. If their decision making ability gets any worse, they'll have to get consultants in to help them choose their pants each morning.

I wish I got paid that much to be so indecisive. Or at least I think I would!
Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:39 (Ref:155511)   #2
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not as if they've got a difficult decision to make - Sato's the man for that seat alongside Fisico.

Sato to WIN the 2002 Japanese Grand Prix!

Go, Go, Go Takuma!!!
Old 3 Oct 2001, 21:28 (Ref:155548)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and Badoer in second !
Old 4 Oct 2001, 00:06 (Ref:155618)   #4
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you've got it all wrong the name you're lookin for is...........Justin Wilson, Takuma Sato for BAR or Jordan tester!
Old 4 Oct 2001, 05:08 (Ref:155676)   #5
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Don't ask Jordan to order your curry - you'll be there all night!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jarce
What on earth are they doing!

Now its Alesi getting mucked around.
What do you mean?

They signed Alesi for last races of this season.
Are you saying that Jordan will not allow Alesi to drive in Japan?
Old 4 Oct 2001, 13:57 (Ref:155792)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alesi will race in Japan.

He asked Eddie to give him a final response before the Japan GP, about his future in Jordan, so he can take a decision on what he will be doing next season.

IMHO, he's on the way to CART.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 15:11 (Ref:155824)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
IMHO, he's on the way to CART.
Have any CART teams shown an interest?
Old 4 Oct 2001, 15:20 (Ref:155830)   #8
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard Wilson is not that good. It took him like a couple of years in the lower formulae to get up to speed. Plus he is too big for an F1 car. His testing time have been good so it would be good to see how he could do when it comes to race.

Sato is said to be good. See it to believe it. He might be challenging Yoong for the bunny of the year award...LOL
Old 4 Oct 2001, 18:46 (Ref:155908)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Latest rumourw put Jean at Arrows alongside Frentzen, (sorry Jos!).

I think Alesi and Fisi would make a fine team in 2002.
But EJ will grab Sato if he can to assure better attention from Honda.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 18:58 (Ref:155919)   #10
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i want alesi to stay...sato is just gonna have to wait another couple of years in my book.

and as for the others, i like the drivers NOW so dont they try to worm their way in...oh dear im a traditionalist
Old 4 Oct 2001, 19:02 (Ref:155921)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Now, that's good news. Alesi and Frentzen at Arrows !
Old 4 Oct 2001, 20:16 (Ref:155955)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
I heard Wilson is not that good.
0.6 seconds off Alesi in a wet weather test? Not that good...think again.

According to Sato's manager, he is nearing a deal for 2002...so things are still up in the air.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 20:49 (Ref:155976)   #13
Spiddy-Spid
Rookie

Spiddy-Spid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Mugello today, Wilson was faster than Alesi in the wet.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 21:06 (Ref:155987)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

After his brilliant season this year, I think Wilson deserves the seat.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 17:57 (Ref:156358)   #15
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl

0.6 seconds off Alesi in a wet weather test? Not that good...think again.

According to Sato's manager, he is nearing a deal for 2002...so things are still up in the air.
I said the test was not bad. Even if you are just comparing him to Alesi.

My point is that took him a long time to win in the lower series. I don't know the details but that is what I heard.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 18:13 (Ref:156373)   #16
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Justin won the F3000 series in his 3rd year in the series.
He was a race winner in his F3000 year & put in a good solid season, qualifying for every race, one of oonly a few to do that, during the 1999 season when F300 had upto 40 cars in 30' qualifying sessions.

He won FPA in it's first season, 1998, he had 2 seasons in FVauxhall 1996 & 1997. In 1996 he was teamate to Peter Dumbreck who won the series. Wilson won 2 races, I think, and had many podiums, the highlight was his win at Brands Hatch GP, witha tremendous pass of Dumbreck through Surtees bend.

In 1995 Justin was a front runner in FVJ, with some race wins, I think it was a long time ago!

If he gets the drive he will do a good job, and he deserves to be in F1, and I believe has the ability to suceed given the right equipment and opportunity.

Hopefully an "non-contreversial" contribution to the discussion!
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:04 (Ref:156454)   #17
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I heard Wilson is not that good. It took him like a couple of years in the lower formulae to get up to speed. Plus he is too big for an F1 car. His testing time have been good so it would be good to see how he could do when it comes to race.

Sato is said to be good. See it to believe it. He might be challenging Yoong for the bunny of the year award...LOL"

That's enough BBK sauc for one thread! Don't forget Justin Wilson hammered Mark Webber this year whom many forumers rate extremely highly. His testing tims were absolutely superb. Perhaps size doesn't matter after all!

Sato is possibly even better. I have seen him race four times this year in F3 and he really is the best Japanese prospct ever. If I were Eddie Jordan I'd be desperate to get him to help seal a works Honda engine deal at the expense of BAR.

Wilson, Sato and Sato's equally impressive team mate Anthony Davidson are three major prospects for the future who if there is any justice in this world will follow the likes of Raikkonen, Alonso and Heidfeld etc into F1 where all three belong.

I'd love to see Alesi in CART, I think he'd be a winner straight off, but would also like to see him over the course of a whole year at Jordan where I think he would surprise everyone.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 01:11 (Ref:156574)   #18
BBKing
Veteran

There is Yoko eater jumping on the “Alesi is good but unlucky” cruise ship…LOL

Benetton was one of the best cars in 96 and Alesi could not do anything with it. Not a single win. He should have retired after such an embarrassing performance.

My opinion about Wilson and Sato show a cautios optimism. I have never seen them racing so I can only comment on what I heard.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 14:50 (Ref:156743)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EJ will have a tough couple of months ahead deciding who he'll put in the second Jordan seat (if he hasn't already chosen that is!)

Wilson has a tremendous reputation for consistency, applied with speed and techincal know-how. He's won in almost anything he's sat in, and being this years F3000 champion is an added bonus. Plus, he'll make major sponsor B&H happy.

Sato dominated this years BritF3 Championship, and is regarded as the greatest talent to come out of Japan (where have I heard that before?) However, will Honda push EJ to put their rising star into the car ahead of local boy Wilson? And that being the case, will the cement the works Honda deal for Jordan in 2003?

To any Alesi fans, sorry, but he'll be elsehwhere for 2003. I don't think he stands a chance to be honest.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 23:28 (Ref:156901)   #20
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[B]There is Yoko eater jumping on the “Alesi is good but unlucky” cruise ship…LOL

ERRRRRRRRRR ERRRRRRRRRRR......(imagine sound of a great ship blowing the horn whilst leaving port)....ERRRRRRR.....ERRRRRRRRRR....last call for the HMS Alesi To Stay In F1...........last call.....last call.....

A ship I may have jumped into the first class cabin of...LOL....

Alesi scored an awesome 36 points in 1996 and finished more races than Berger, not bad considering the car that year was very mediocre in relation to Williams, Ferrari etc.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 08:39 (Ref:156976)   #21
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
Alesi scored an awesome 36 points in 1996 and finished more races than Berger, not bad considering the car that year was very mediocre in relation to Williams, Ferrari etc.
Wrong again...
Alesi scored 46 points in 1996.
Not bad, considering Michael scored only 102 points with the same car & engine, one year before...
Old 7 Oct 2001, 17:23 (Ref:157152)   #22
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I so much like that Justin Wilson guy....

Maybe (most probably) he's read all the romours about Sato @ Jordan...

What happens then, he does'nt get depressed by it...
He gets more power from it and beats everyone that day!

1: J. Wilson - Jordan - 1:25.40
2: D. Manning - BAR - 1:26.17
3: N. Karthikeyan - Jordan - 1:26.31
Old 7 Oct 2001, 17:44 (Ref:157161)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by DanFlag
I so much like that Justin Wilson guy....

Maybe (most probably) he's read all the romours about Sato @ Jordan...

What happens then, he does'nt get depressed by it...
He gets more power from it and beats everyone that day!

1: J. Wilson - Jordan - 1:25.40
2: D. Manning - BAR - 1:26.17
3: N. Karthikeyan - Jordan - 1:26.31
GO Wilson GO !!!
Old 7 Oct 2001, 17:59 (Ref:157165)   #24
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ya man!

Va Justin Va!!!
Old 7 Oct 2001, 19:25 (Ref:157189)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't make my mind up whether going for Wilson is conformist or non-conformist. Perhaps I'd better sit on the fence and hope that someone gets the seat who can actually race.