Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1980474)   #16
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, more than slightly Knowlesy, if he did do it deliberately (and Ron clearly thinks so), it was done to ensure that a team mate couldn't get another lap in. I agree with Peter, it devalues Alonso's stock substantially for me.

32 (to Silverstone WEC....)
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:12 (Ref:1980477)   #17
Knowlesy
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
No, more than slightly Knowlesy, if he did do it deliberately (and Ron clearly thinks so), it was done to ensure that a team mate couldn't get another lap in. I agree with Peter, it devalues Alonso's stock substantially for me.
I don't know. I mean, maybe I'm not in the right mood to judge this properly at the moment.

I like both drivers and it made me chuckle a bit so I don't know...

Lewis is clearly in no doubt what happened. I wonder now if McLaren will now favour Lewis strategy wise tomorrow to compensate?
"This will be the dullest teammate battle for many years. Worse than Schumacher/Irvine. Ricciardo will never out-qualify Vettel, not once. He might beat him in a race occasionally, if Vettel has trouble. He won't win a single race IMO."

Top Formula 1 analyst Knowlesy previews the 2014 season.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1980480)   #18
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Lewis is going to be pretty fired up for the run to T1 tomorrow, somehow........

32 (to Silverstone WEC....)
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1980481)   #19
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very unsporting..... Alonso is starting to leave a very sour taste.

Struggling to keep up with the pace with Hamilton so he has to do it off the track...bad words in the press. If the shoe was on the other foot how far would Alonso thrown his rattle from the pram....very far i think!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:15 (Ref:1980484)   #20
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A real spanner in the works there from Fernando. No point defending him, but it's set up a great race! Turn one is gonna be fantastic.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1980485)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not so much Senna/Prost, more Piquet/Mansell from 1986/7.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1980486)   #22
dsg
Subscriber
Veteran

Thailand
อ่างทŪ
dsg should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso you magnificent *******.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1980488)   #23
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso... what a ******!! How long will Ron keep him??[EDIT] Don't dodge the autocensor.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 4 Aug 2007 at 13:20.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1980490)   #24
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
That team-mate having been 4/10ths quicker last time around. Even if that's not on outright pace (doesn't Hamilton usually qualify quite light on fuel relative to FA?) then it's probably more than could be compensated for by a different strategy - FA worried of LH running off into the distance on a lighter fuel load? Getting in front off of the line will certainly scupper that!

Very cool-headed thinking in the heat of the moment, I have to admire that as much as LH keeping his engine running in the gravel trap, even if I don't respect what he did.

Last edited by Tim Wilkinson; 4 Aug 2007 at 13:20.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1980491)   #25
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the kind of cheap move I would expect of a World Champion - I hope he gets a *******ing from Ron - it is very clear that Hamilton has Alonso rattled - my opinion of Alonso just keeps going down and down.

[EDIT] The autocensor really does work.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 4 Aug 2007 at 13:21.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1980492)   #26
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a pretty low move by Alonso IMO. On the other hand, it should make the rest of the season even more interesting - and I did chuckle a bit as well

Did anyone else notice during the press conference - when the interviewer asked Alonso about the delay, Lewis looked at him as if to say "Go on then, explain that away"
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1980493)   #27
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Total admission by Alonso that he can only beat Hamilton by cheating!

He'll be elsewhere in 08, mark my words. Not Ron's kind of driver!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:20 (Ref:1980494)   #28
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what this does show is that Alonso is cleary rattled by Lewis...

Lewis still looked very calm, unlike Alonso after last race...
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:20 (Ref:1980495)   #29
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another thought - If is is an offence to block on track - is it not an offence to block in the pit lane!!!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1980496)   #30
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry but that for me is as bad as what Schumacher did at Monaco last year. The only difference here is that Alonso was clever enough to act within the rules - in terms of sportsmanship it was right down there with Schumacher's actions.

Alonso clearly knew he wasn't on for pole, he could see Lewis had an advantage and this was his only desperate option to achieve it. It leaves a very sour taste in the mouth - some would argue it was clever but this is sport and that was completely against the spirit of fair play. Alonso may be on pole but I'm sure inside he can have no satisfaction at all - and the long term effects of his actions within the team could far outweigh his short term glory.